FleetMatics

FleetMatics Employee Reviews

Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Solon OHJune 17, 2015
Pros: Occasional Free Lunches
Cons: Horrible Training, terrible management, unprofessionalism
A typical day at work would be taking calls to help customers navigate and troubleshoot the Fleetmatic's / Sagequest GPS program.

While employed I learned about the GPS tracking and transportation industry.

The training was horrible and extremely quick, they would not answer questions thoroughly because they themselves didn't have the time to answer or go over the material.(they pretty much – more... just handed us a huge manual and expected us to learn everything in it on our own) after training you are not prepared to take calls.

The management in the Customer Svc. dept. showed favoritism to certain employees and the working environment was very cold and unwelcoming especially to new employees.
The dept. was very "clicky" More than half of the workers in the dept. which was small (only around 12 employees at the time) were referred and hired by one employee who was a terrible worker but praised by management.

While in training (with customers on hold) important work related questions were put off many times by management who refused to help and instead spent time discussing reality television and non work related topics with their favorite employees.
On multiple occasions I witnessed them making fun of an overweight employee who eventually quit. Another woman who was hired on as a temporary worker that spent only 2 days on the job told me she never had been treated in such a cold manner before, I tried to talk her into staying but she ended up quitting the next day.
Management did not like anybody asking questions (even if you sat next to them) they demanded that you send an Instant message or ask someone else. There were many times where the customer requested to speak with a manager and when I would attempt to get one I was told to ask other managers (being bounced back and forth between them.

One of the heads of the company and head of our dept. is a Mayor of a small town in the area and is a Republican. I believe they discriminate and hire those whom they feel have the same political beliefs. The company as well was not diverse and had very few minorities working there.

The best part about this job was the free coffee and occasional free lunch.

I would not recommend working for this company! – less
Know what you're getting into.
Business Development (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLMay 23, 2015
Pros: Hour lunch. Nice co-workers.
Cons: No real development, it's a nicely appointed boiler room.
This position is a glorified appointment setter. There is a tremendous amount of turnover and a market which is rapidly shrinking. You must be able to self generate leads or you'll be out the door. If you can and are willing to dedicate a few hours a night to prospecting after work, then you can make $60,000-ish a year.I liked my co-workers, but I didn't see any future there.
fun workplace for young professionals
Business Development Representative (Former Employee), Rolling Meadows, ILApril 16, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: repeated cycle of call leads. unfair distribution of leads by junior management
great opportunity to start after college. It is a fast growing company and so a lot of structure building is still being done with/for management. Great product to sell.
Decent Salary Excellent Benefits Great Hours
S.E. Regional Biz Development Rep (Current Employee), Clearwater, Fl.April 7, 2015
This is a decent inside sales position. Very competitive. The work week was M-F 8:30- 5:30. Benefits after deductible 750 individual paid 100% not 80% 401k and match STD and LTD Stock Options PTO. Benefits begin 1 month after employment. Holiday paid and Vacation time from year one.Multiple locations across the globe. The only downside is that within the Clearwater location their aren't any other positions to migrate to if this is not the position for you or you are no longer proficient in the position. Fear of losing your job and being sent back out into the market place is always looming over your head while employed if your numbers drop.
Not a good experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Waltham, MAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: long working hours and large work loads specially at customer service department
Cons: Good benefits
Customer service department is a very difficult department to work at specially if you have wife and kids. May be a better fit for singles that just graduated.
very stable and growing company
Director of Business Relations & Development (Current Employee), Rolling Meadows, ILMarch 14, 2015
Company is publicly traded and extremely stable with a high overall retention of employees. FLTX continues to grow and define the SaaS market with its WORK Solution.
They will chew you up and spit you out
Regional Sales Training Manager (Former Employee), Rolling Meadows, ILMarch 3, 2015
Pros: good comp structure
Cons: everything listed above
High pressure sales at its worst. You hit your number? Congrats, now we increased it. Hit it again? Congrats, same thing. You are just a body and a number to them. No one in upper management cares about you as a person or employee one bit. The second you cannot make them money, you are out the door. No 2nd chances, no excuses.

They preach they are "in a hurry". That has cost them so many talented sales people through the years. They could be twice as big if they treated their people fairly.
Decent Entry Level
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Waltham, MAJanuary 30, 2015
The good:
The company is very quick to reward good employees and will often have fun work functions

The bad:
The company is growing so fast that there is consistently more work than people can handle quickly.
Cold Calling dream
Business Development Representative (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJuly 9, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: management
If you like making 150-200 outbound Cold Calls everyday, then this is your place!!! Job Sucks, people are cool, management sucks!!! Typical call center!!
Productive and upbeat place to work
Collections and Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Waltham, MAJuly 1, 2014
Typical day consists of sitting at a cubicle dealing with outbound and inbound calls and emails to companies regarding their credit and debt. Friendly and supportive atmosphere lead by great managers who motivate their team. I learned about the collections process and was able to use my interpersonal communication skills to handle a wide variety of clients from all over the United States and Canada. The hardest part of the job would be sitting at a desk all day. The most enjoyable aspect for me is constantly talking to people and having a conducive office environment.
Good but boring
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Wellesley, MAJune 6, 2014
Just as a summer intern, the job was well payed and nice, but often times, boring and there was certainly not much to do there typically. Also, being shoved into a corner cubical away from just about everyone was just an awful experience.
Account Executive
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 8, 2014
Pros: environment
Cons: short breaks
Heavy outbound cold calling activity targeting new clients
Qualify new business opportunities and set web meetings for review of FleetMatics products and services
Conduct WebEx Sales presentations and close opportunities
Leverage client referrals, associations and networking
Identify new lead sources
Update and Manage SalesForce.com CRM for territory
Fun place to work, you can learn a lot from everyone within any department worked
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Waltham, MAJanuary 22, 2014
Cons: sometimes it's really busy lunch isn't an option very long work weekends
There is always something to do, you can learn alot from everyone there, employees are bright and cheerful.
The most unprofessional management
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: free coffee. 830-530 workdays
Cons: managements bullying
The fleetmatics office in Clearwater Florida is the most unprofessional place I have ever worked. The management manages by bullying employees. The Vice President will hold a meeting on the drop of hat, screaming, threatening your job, and throwing "f bombs" around like candy........don't leave company before receiving commissions, you will never see them. This after being assured by my manager that any sales made prior to resigning, all paid in full to you even after resignation. Liars
Not a healthy work environment
Regional GPS Consultant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 16, 2013
Get to the office around 7:30 and set up for the day. Have a morning sales meeting to go over numbers at 8. From 8-10 I call my hot leads. 10-12 I do prospecting outside of my salesforce system. From 1-2 more outside prospecting. From 2-3 customized email blast. And from 3-5 call more of my hot leads. The job is very sales driven. The work environment is very unprofessional and not one that I wish to continue to work in. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the culture of my office. The best part is the core group of people that I work directly with.
Firm understanding of market. Antiquated prospecting methods.
Business Development (Former Employee), Rolling Meadows, ILOctober 1, 2013
Pros: great product to represent to those who are in the market gps tracking
Cons: horrible prospecting and presentation methods.
Fleetmatics is a provider of GPS Tracking for company vehicles, they take much pride in providing a reliable product, and provide a strong customer service team to back their product. Being a business development representative at Fleetmatics can be frustrating if you have received up to date sales training that leans towards a more consultative approach. I do not want to bad mouth the company as they – more... are very impressive and have the sales numbers, company wide, to back their performance. There is much room for improvement ( out of the Chicago office) in the area of prospecting tactics and techniques for potential customers who are not considering GPS Tracking for their business. As of now Fleetmatics prefers the bulldozing, show up and throw up technique to prospect and present their product, while skipping the important discovery and probing steps in the sale. Despite these outdated methods of sales and prospecting, the company continues to grow as a result of their impressive product.

Being a business development representative you are required to make around 100 calls/day and set appointments for senior team members to present and close the prospect. You are given a script that you are required to re-sight till you come across an opportunity of a prospective client who is looking into GPS Tracking.

My time at Fleetmatics allowed me to learn much about the differences in prospecting between decision makers of different size businesses. It also allowed me to learn creative ways to get passed "Gate Keepers" that I had not used in the past.

The hardest part of the position was to learn about challenges that different industries go through in order to separate yourself from the dozens of companies who are calling business with similar scripts and services. You have one task and that that is to make outbound calls to find prospects who "are looking to buy."

The most enjoyable part of the position was being able to see the extra work and research done outside of company hours payoff. Being able to create a constructive conversation from an unannounced call and turning that conversation into a buying opportunity. – less
Exciting Sales Atmosphere with attitude
Business Development (Current Employee), Rolling Meadows, ILJune 27, 2013
Pros: helpful coworkers, great manager who understands inside sales
Cons: atmosphere.
FleetMatics a great place for recent college grads or those new to inside sales and wanting to get some experience under their belt. The atmosphere is not "corporate" as they just recently turned public and because of this frequent expletives and edgy remarks are thrown about constantly.

I am in the role of Business Development which essentially means appointment setter. I'll make 80-100 dials and – more... talk to C-level executives and owners of small/medium and sometimes large sized companies throughout my territory. I notate conversations in Salesforce and Outlook and when setting an appointment with a "closer" communicate and coordinate getting an online webinar scheduled. I am responsible for qualifying the "sit" as well as reporting each day my scheduled appointments to my supervisor. Our KPI is 10 sits, which means the prospect actually showed up, per month. I cannot control the units sold other than providing a qualified opportunity but I am expected to get 40 units sold as well.

My coworkers vary from hardened veterans of sales and those who have been closers for 3+ years to the recent additions of college graduates new to sales in the same business development role. The only downside for me when it comes to this job is the atmosphere.

I am bombarded by sales guys who have no morals and go to the bars every night and bring that same "bar attitude" to work each day. I have nothing against this but that is not me and it gets to be very grating having to deal with each day. I truly enjoy inside sales and getting to speak with owners and other DM's about our product as I do feel FleetMatics provides a service which is truly beneficial for businesses. Our management is great and the atmosphere of "hitting your number or death" is actually quite fun to be a part of. No doubt this is not a job for a weak heart, but I love that about sales. The daily grind to find good opportunities and the relationships with my customers that I get to build each day are parts of my day I look forward to. I also appreciate the fact FleetMatics IS growing so quickly and there are TONS of opportunity to grow into new roles.

I have already been told by my manager I'll be promoted to closer by August in fact. I can't wait to get back to actually demonstrating the product and closing the sale which is where my true strengths lie. Getting appointments is fairly simple and even though it's hard work, it only takes good listening and good people skills to succeed. Closing the deal to me will be the most exciting part of my job. I am looking for new opportunities mainly because of the atmosphere, not because I dislike the company in any way. – less
Never know one day the next
Regional Account Director (Current Employee), Rolling Meadows, ILJune 18, 2013
Pros: hours / base pay+commissionn
Cons: health care / revolving door / management issues
Need 125 Calls a day-Cold Calls
Need 12 Appointments per
Co-Workers - People are nice
Training should have been set in place like they have implemented now
Too high of Target for an Office that's strictly Outbound Leads
Money is good but...
National Fleet Consultant (Current Employee), Rolling Meadows, ILApril 2, 2013
Pros: close to home, money
Cons: management, leads, communication
It's a very repetitive job, you make 100+ calls a day with "great Leads" and get hung up on about 70% of the time. Management is only there to tell you to do more, and sacrifice. Overall not a great experience for me, but others I'm sure would be a better fit there.
good product, bad environment
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILMarch 14, 2013
Pros: great product, great sales model
Cons: bad upper management
The product was great, there were a lot of problems with upper management when i was there, and left in my 5th month.

FleetMatics Salaries