FleetMatics Employee Reviews in United States

Efficiency is highly valuable
Invoicing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 24, 2016
Efficient workplace where each one of us have to carry out the daily procedures from taking client calls onto paying the outsourcers which installed GPS tracking systems for us to our clients.
Pros
Nice space and Nice people
Cons
Routined
Competitive workplace, numbers driven
Installation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMay 16, 2016
A typical day at work included making 50+ outbound calls, which were monitored with the goal of scheduling upgrades for a network change. We were given monthly goals and at first enough work to hit those goals, but as the project progressed on it became tougher to hit those numbers. The most enjoyable part of the job was hitting those goals and receiving the monthly bonus as well as working with a great group of people. Management was stressed over the numbers as the project had a lifespan which became evident it was toward the end, this stress was passed along from upper management, to the manger to the room supervisor which made for a very competitive atmosphere. Skills were tested in conveying the message to the customer of the necessary upgrade and being able to schedule with the time frame given. Being an installation coordinator was challenging at times, but the goals were always made clear.
Pros
hour lunch, personal days, help from co-workers
Cons
high stress, high call volume, fear of project coming to end with no communication on staying with company
fun workplace
Client Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 30, 2016
Fleetmatics is an innovative company who focuses on employee and client satisfaction. Emphasize a team work culture and are always trying new strategies to assist in streamlining our jobs and how we can provide the best services to our clients.

Some perks of the job, we got to go to a basketball game, went laser tag, and company is always asking for feedback and provides consistent training opportunities to grow and share knowledge.
Pros
laser tag
Cons
busy
Cutting Edge
Senior Regional Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 28, 2016
Great atmosphere for professionals with entrepreneurial spirit. The product is the state of the art and the inside sales model allows for month over month growth.
Happy Atmosphere / Making Money
Client Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 12, 2016
Making calls between 60 to 80 a day setting appointments to sell a GPS solution that allows companies to put money back in there bottom line.

Managers are great to work with and flexible in helping you achieve your goals.
Pros
Hours and pay
Cons
To many layers of managers
Fun environment with great people
BUSINESS DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 22, 2016
Positive work environment.
Good people.
Good product.
Fast paced and motivated.
Glad to be a part of the team.
Always a mile a minute.
Hard driving and worth it if you have the right connections
Business Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 12, 2015
VERY passionate management staff who always tries to instill the same work ethic into you every day. Very inspiring and they really try to help... for a while at least. The company definitely works hard to make themselves one of the best at what they do. But, it comes at a price. It's a VERY high stress job and you have to be able to adapt quickly or you'll be hung out to dry. Management tends to lean more towards the younger, more "blank slate" type of jobbers who are coming up since that's what they were and that's what they feel works the best. You don't see many older people there at all and next to no women. This can be a good, and bad thing. There is NO HR element at all in the building. That is definitely a bad thing. Trying to communicate solely through email with a company that is based 3 hours ahead is a joke. There is no $ when it comes to actually buying equipment or supplies for the office, yet they'll get sandwiches every other day for lame 15min training classes. I know people like to eat, but the principle of the company taking care of the company issues is what's at stake here imo. I felt like they didn't take accountability for anything under their roof and left it all to the employees. Not a lot of support when it came to anything other than sales.
Pros
VERY passionate management staff, free snacks and coffee, spiffs
Cons
High stress, No HR element, Only young males are hired typically
Excellent place to work!
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHAugust 28, 2015
Excellent workplace environment that balanced fun and productivity with supervisors that honestly care about their employees.
Pros
Quartly rewards and bonuses
ok company yo work for
Technical Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHAugust 3, 2015
ok company to work for. boiler room company , no structure, great benefits, no room for growth. Used to like working for the company just too many inconsistent changes.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no room for growth
Biz Dev (Great place for a beginner; not so much for a veteran)
SMB Bisiness Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILAugust 1, 2015
The day would begin with a meeting that would be anywhere from 5 minutes to over an hour and would have a sales related theme to them. Once that was done, everyone would go to their assigned desks and proceed to dial the phone for the remainder of the day. Regardless of how long the meeting was, you were expected to accomplish no fewer than 85 calls per day. Many times, there would be heavy pressure to stay after scheduled work hours to get caught up on dials if for some reason you were behind on them. They had to put a halt to this practice once employees started to count the extra hours towards their worked hours and since we were classified as salaried, not exempt, they were required to pay extra. The company didn't wish to pay so they stressed that there would no longer be pressure to stay past scheduled hours.

The employees I worked with were excellent. I didn't dislike anyone I worked with There is a high level of camaraderie amongst coworkers and an almost cultish attitude towards the company.

The job is quire the grind. It's a telemarketing job at it's core, regardless of how management attempts to spin it into a more prestigious role.
Pros
Great Benefits/Coworkers/Mostly Professional Environment
Cons
Limited Continuity/Clear Favoritism/Corporate Hierarchy/ Lots of Unnecessary Meetings!!
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Solon OHJune 17, 2015
A typical day at work would be taking calls to help customers navigate and troubleshoot the Fleetmatic's / Sagequest GPS program.

While employed I learned about the GPS tracking and transportation industry.

The training was horrible and extremely quick, they would not answer questions thoroughly because they themselves didn't have the time to answer or go over the material.(they pretty much just handed us a huge manual and expected us to learn everything in it on our own) after training you are not prepared to take calls.

The management in the Customer Svc. dept. showed favoritism to certain employees and the working environment was very cold and unwelcoming especially to new employees.
The dept. was very "clicky" More than half of the workers in the dept. which was small (only around 12 employees at the time) were referred and hired by one employee who was a terrible worker but praised by management.

While in training (with customers on hold) important work related questions were put off many times by management who refused to help and instead spent time discussing reality television and non work related topics with their favorite employees.
On multiple occasions I witnessed them making fun of an overweight employee who eventually quit. Another woman who was hired on as a temporary worker that spent only 2 days on the job told me she never had been treated in such a cold manner before, I tried to talk her into staying but she ended up quitting the next day.
Management did not like anybody asking questions (even if you sat next to them) they demanded that
  more... you send an Instant message or ask someone else. There were many times where the customer requested to speak with a manager and when I would attempt to get one I was told to ask other managers (being bounced back and forth between them.

One of the heads of the company and head of our dept. is a Mayor of a small town in the area and is a Republican. I believe they discriminate and hire those whom they feel have the same political beliefs. The company as well was not diverse and had very few minorities working there.

The best part about this job was the free coffee and occasional free lunch.

I would not recommend working for this company!
Pros
Occasional Free Lunches
Cons
Horrible Training, terrible management, unprofessionalism
Know what you're getting into.
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 23, 2015
This position is a glorified appointment setter. There is a tremendous amount of turnover and a market which is rapidly shrinking. You must be able to self generate leads or you'll be out the door. If you can and are willing to dedicate a few hours a night to prospecting after work, then you can make $60,000-ish a year.I liked my co-workers, but I didn't see any future there.
Pros
Hour lunch. Nice co-workers.
Cons
No real development, it's a nicely appointed boiler room.
fun workplace for young professionals
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILApril 16, 2015
great opportunity to start after college. It is a fast growing company and so a lot of structure building is still being done with/for management. Great product to sell.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
repeated cycle of call leads. unfair distribution of leads by junior management
Decent Salary Excellent Benefits Great Hours
S.E. Regional Biz Development Rep (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, Fl.April 7, 2015
This is a decent inside sales position. Very competitive. The work week was M-F 8:30- 5:30. Benefits after deductible 750 individual paid 100% not 80% 401k and match STD and LTD Stock Options PTO. Benefits begin 1 month after employment. Holiday paid and Vacation time from year one.Multiple locations across the globe. The only downside is that within the Clearwater location their aren't any other positions to migrate to if this is not the position for you or you are no longer proficient in the position. Fear of losing your job and being sent back out into the market place is always looming over your head while employed if your numbers drop.
Not a good experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 31, 2015
Customer service department is a very difficult department to work at specially if you have wife and kids. May be a better fit for singles that just graduated.
Pros
long working hours and large work loads specially at customer service department
Cons
Good benefits
very stable and growing company
Director of Business Relations & Development (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILMarch 14, 2015
Company is publicly traded and extremely stable with a high overall retention of employees. FLTX continues to grow and define the SaaS market with its WORK Solution.
They will chew you up and spit you out
Regional Sales Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILMarch 3, 2015
High pressure sales at its worst. You hit your number? Congrats, now we increased it. Hit it again? Congrats, same thing. You are just a body and a number to them. No one in upper management cares about you as a person or employee one bit. The second you cannot make them money, you are out the door. No 2nd chances, no excuses.

They preach they are "in a hurry". That has cost them so many talented sales people through the years. They could be twice as big if they treated their people fairly.
Pros
good comp structure
Cons
everything listed above
Decent Entry Level
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 30, 2015
The good:
The company is very quick to reward good employees and will often have fun work functions

The bad:
The company is growing so fast that there is consistently more work than people can handle quickly.
Cold Calling dream
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 9, 2014
If you like making 150-200 outbound Cold Calls everyday, then this is your place!!! Job Sucks, people are cool, management sucks!!! Typical call center!!
Pros
salary
Cons
management
Productive and upbeat place to work
Collections and Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 1, 2014
Typical day consists of sitting at a cubicle dealing with outbound and inbound calls and emails to companies regarding their credit and debt. Friendly and supportive atmosphere lead by great managers who motivate their team. I learned about the collections process and was able to use my interpersonal communication skills to handle a wide variety of clients from all over the United States and Canada. The hardest part of the job would be sitting at a desk all day. The most enjoyable aspect for me is constantly talking to people and having a conducive office environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FleetMatics. Our community is ready to answer.