Fleetpride

Fleetpride United States Employee Reviews

good place to work just not enough hours
reachlift operator (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAApril 14, 2015
worked Monday thjrough Friday to operate reachlift to replenish racks. also was dock coordinator. had to monitor pishipping lanes to be properly and accurate so that all product would be shipped out correctly
Good and knowledgable people at the branch level. Overall good people to work with.
Warehouse and Operations Manager (Former Employee), Willowbrook, ILApril 2, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: A totally manual environment as far as inventory control is concerned.
Even after 18 years with the company I was learning something everyday. The Director at the DC I was in was excellent. The most enjoyable part was meeting co workers from around the country. Either in person or over the phone. These grew into to personal relationships over the years.
Not where to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILMarch 31, 2015
Horrible company to work for! Management is the worst I have ever seen at any other company. The people running the warehouse don't know how to hire people or run a business.
Always something going on
Branch/ Operations manager (Current Employee), Sparks, NVMarch 23, 2015
Customers are key. Working here requires research for the customer so they can reduce downtime and get their trucks back on the road.
RUN AWAY!!!!! Consider yourself warned HIGH TURNOVER
Warehouse, sales clerk (Former Employee), WaterburyFebruary 18, 2015
Wow I got the boot from FleetPride.. My boss in Waterbury Ct said its not working out. I asked why and he told me that it was his mistake and not mine. I said what do you mean? Can you be more specific? You cant see or hear well and are having trouble remembering all this information. He then stated "I didnt know I was hiring someone with disabilities". My training period was 4 weeks, it what I was given to learn the counter and the 9 million+ parts they sell {learn as you go}. They even changed computer and software and the program I was using during this time {the 3rd week}. My boss said, we're sorry we dont have more time or people to train you and for "throwing you to the wolves" {he was short 3 people when he hired me}. I tried my best to learn the job as I went. Now I know why nobody else {making less} in the place, wanted the job {the guys also told me this about the job when I asked why they didnt take it and the reason for the high turnover rate for the that job}.. I also worked 8 weeks in the warehouse {also without any formal training}. I would say the hardest part of the job tho was pricing. There was a sliding scale of pricing {1-4} for "customers we liked", we could simply set the scale by overriding with a code/window given to use by the boss or leadman. My problem was not knowing who gets charge this special pricing and who doesnt. Its why nothing in the store was marked with prices. It also became harder to do, as the code in the comp didnt always match what was on the product. The leadman working with me at the front desk also went on to tell me how FleetPride – more... steals and misleads buyers that buy bendix air brake governors. I asked how, and he said that they do not rebuild the ones that are marked rebuilt and the new ones are the exact same {and are made in the same factory} just colored blue. Its why there is no core charge on them. He threatened me and said if I ever told, 150 motorcycle riders would show up at my house. It was hard sometimes dealing with customers that were promised parts that were not avail. tho the computer said they were when you would order them.. The warehouse inventory NEVER matched what the comp stated was in stock. They would just match the inventory to what the comp said as you went along and then notify the boss with a bogus invoice that he would later void if it didnt match what was there. He also did this with time cards as well, where many employees would show up late MOST of the time. No discipline was ever given {prolly why the problem existed}. I was late once due to in-climate weather. Once when I was being disciplined, my wife called {wondering where I was} and the boss put my wife {and who ever else was on the line} on speaker phone conference. She was able to hear the conversation, along with all the employees that worked there.. The boss would trade off going to the bank and the guy would leave at 2:30 and not return for the rest of the day or drivers would stay until the hours for that day were obtained. They should also be aware of how the area salesman talk to and related to the customers and record some of these conversations going on there. Its totally unnecessary and is very poor judgement being a representative of the company. I hope whom ever reads this passes it on {to someone that can make a difference}, as it can only make a better place to work for the next guy or improve the conditions there now. Take a little time to show the new person how to do it and have some patience, as there is a LOT to absorb in 4 weeks I had. The guy I worked with had serious anger issues and I was tired of the raging, throwing stuff, and lack of getting help/assistance from him when needed {so did the customers}. I also knew it wouldnt last, as I was never given a proper ID for the job I was hired to do. I always logged in and used someone elses ID. I did like the warehouse job and wished I could have kept it. I hope the guy who has it, is doing well. I would never buy anything from them now knowing what I do. I will be sending a copy of this to upper management as well. Its not just wrong what they did, its illegal. – less
Awesome place to work for but demanding.
Warehouse/Driver (Former Employee), Frederick MdJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: awesome people and atmosphere, great products, fair prices, health care, retirement, opportunities.
Cons: sometimes extremely fast paced and had to roll and lift 55 gallon drums sometimes by myself.
Great opportunities to advance. Always on the go and always something to do loved the people i worked for. Came in inspected vehicle loaded up by order then drove out for deliveries. The shop and the costumers where like family. I read above that a person said no advancement for black people. I find that hilarious because at my store the store manager was a black man. He was awesome to work for. So was everyone in the store. I miss working with those guys i also miss the benefits and retirement package but i make more money now so its good to go. This company is a good company honest business they work with the costumers they will find what you need to the best their ability. They take care of there employees and they do things the right way. I would work for them again any day. If they did more then just heavy trucks and trailers id go to them for my cars maintenance.
run
Counter sales (Current Employee), ..January 3, 2015
Their is no training here at all .As an inside sales person you are expected to do your job-and input all the data from outside sales people too-and if you dare say anything or speak up about it just becomes worse. Do not go to work for Fleetpride. You can do better.
Warehouse/Driver
Driver (Former Employee), CharlotteNovember 23, 2014
Pros: 2 week vaction
Cons: very under paid an no blacks in upper position.
Worked in Charlotte Location.
Place is a joke they underpay for the work you do, no communication between mgrs. and employees. Wrong people in positions and no racial balance in upper positions. Never can trust the GM or anybody there.
Great people to work with.
Accountant/Financial Specialist (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 17, 2014
Pros: close to home.
No day was typical and I liked that. I love solving and problems.
The accounts payable supervisor was a great person to work with.
She was demanding but fair.
Growing company with great learning environment
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2014
Working with rebates I am able to learn not only the role of a pricing analyst but also category management, cost analysis, accounting, and product management.
Productive, Good environment, Fun place to work, My family is here.
Purchaser / Importer (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 3, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short break (15 minutes twice a day)
I love being at work everyday.
Everyday is always something new to learn.
The company do every way to help us be more efficient.
Management is very friendly.
We work as a team.
A Culture of Arrogance and Entitlement
Ex Employee (Former Employee), TesxasJune 14, 2014
Pros: pay check
Cons: terrible management, no employee focus, no customer focus
As a long term previous employee at an executive level I will tell you this once great company has become a terrible place for people to work. The arrogance of the new management is beyond description. Just look at the turnover since they acquired the company. To work here you will have to be very desperate!
temp job
diesel part store (Former Employee), Visalia, CAMay 19, 2014
it was a good company learned about diesel parts it was a tempery job to get by so then i went to Wyotech in wyoming city called llarmie for automotive and diesel tech
Reliable, secure place to work
Administrative Assistant / Office Manager (Current Employee), Westland, MIJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: always learning
Cons: hard to advance in certain areas
There is never a typical day at work. You always have to be prepared for the surprises each day offers. Good thing is you are always learning new things.
always something new and fun to learn
Picker&Packer (Former Employee), Bollingbrook IlJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: as much overtime as i wanted
Cons: some days where slow no work
I like going to work and not knowing whats next it was challenging and i liked it having to be willing to adapt to what ever job fuction your givin.
Parts Company
Parts Runner (Former Employee), Farmington NMJanuary 14, 2014
Not a bad place to work. You need to be physically able to do the work and be able to handle other people.
great job
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), North Haven, CTDecember 31, 2013
great job, lot of bennies,good people to work with,great hours,great days off
Somewhat productive
HR Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 28, 2013
at first I got along with everyone and then at the end I wasn't very happy with the management. I was having some personal issues and they didn't seem to care.
horrible place to work
Packaging Manager (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXDecember 23, 2013
Cons: no job security
Worked hard for 9 years and was fired for complaining about a new HR person who had only been with fleetpride for a couple of weeks. After TPG Group acquired fleetpride they brought in their own management this meant people who had given 20+years of service all lost their jobs.
No respect
Warehouse (Former Employee), Grapevine TexasNovember 27, 2013
Cons: no advancement, no communication, controlling
Management sucks, Director of operation guy is very controlling, talks bad about everyone behind their back and all the other warehouse managers and inventory managers is just his puppet.. Oh did I mentioned no respect

About Fleetpride

For FleetPride, bigger is better. The company¬†is¬†one of the largest independent distributors of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts – Read more

Fleetpride Salaries