Fleishman-Hillard

Fleishman-Hillard Employer Reviews

Incredible experience in Public Relations
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 6, 2013
I worked in the Consumer Products division, and had the pleasure of interacting with celebrities of every caliber while working with my supervisors.
No clear vision, direction during my brief time spent on the team.
Account Executive (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 29, 2013
Pros: clean environment, individual offices
Cons: pay, bill by 15 minute increment was stressful
No clear vision, direction during my brief time spent on the team.
Excellent training program and great people
SharePoint Administration Intern (Current Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 28, 2012
Fleishman-Hillard has allowed me to partake in their internship program in the MS SharePoint department. My daily work includes a multitude of different tasks for both the SharePoint team as well as employees throughout the corporation who have trouble with out internal intranet environment. Most of my current technical skills have been self-taught – more... through this company and have given me a sense of self-satisfaction when I am able to complete a difficult tasks. All of my co-workers are amazing. They all are hard-working and dedicated individuals who know how to stay on the task at hand as well as make it fun. The experience I have gained so far through this company has been tremendous and I would recommend anyone who has a chance here should do so. – less
It's all about the fh culture
Former employee (Former Employee), St LouisSeptember 7, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor culture and management
Terrible management style across the board. Very top heavy org with few junior staff and too many managers. You are expected to make the company your life and change your life in big and small ways to make that happen. Great benefits and pay is decent. But it's a 50 hour week plus job.
lacking structure
Talent Development Intern (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 11, 2012
Pros: smart people
Cons: lack of communication
Great Company with great benefits. The location is awesome. The people were great. Enjoyed the work.
good place to work.
Talent Development Intern (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 20, 2012
not much communication between management and staff. I was let go will my other boss was giving me urgent projects
Micro-managed organization - Unproductive work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioApril 2, 2014
Pros: free coffee/snacks
Cons: long hours/untrained management in people skills area
A typical day at Fleishman Hillard Toronto started and ended with 24/7 supervision whether it was necessary or not. There were employees in management status that were not properly trained in how to manage their staff and get the most productivity out of them. The staff turnover was high as exit interviews were not conducted as to why people were leaving – more... on an ongoing basis or well know problems that existed with management staff were overlooked. Certain management positions were filled with people that were actually spoiling the Company from thriving. Unfortunately future success with staff retention will never improve unless issues with management staff are addressed.
From working in this negative environment I know that it's important to carefully look at whom you directly report too. The right fit is about both sides making a positive connection - the employer and employee. Another important fact is to find out why the position is open and what issues seemed to cause employees to leave or be terminated from their jobs.
The hardest part of the job was being micro-managed when you were confident in your skills but were constantly over supervised.
The most enjoyable part of the day was leaving at the end of the day and hoping the next day would be better! – less
It was a very productive and fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee), Bryanston, JohannesburgMarch 21, 2013
Pros: free lunches and drinks
A typical day would entail me sorting out the newspapers for the companys' employees, collecting all deliveries and sending them out to get delivered. Booking all meetings and handling the switchboard all the time. I learned so much about the PR and marketing and how to handle the various clients marketing. My co-workers are always so fun but made sure – more... the job always got done. The hardest part of the job was compiling documents. The most enjoyable part was fridays because after lunch the whole stuff would get together and get to know each other better. – less
Management à revoir
directeur de clientèle (Former Employee), Paris, A8March 8, 2013
De vrais talents au sein des équipes mais un management très imparfait qui laisse se développer une société de cour et ne s'attarde pas à une gestion plus individualisée des compétences.
Un certain réalisme froid se dégage de l'entreprise
Expérience très mitigée
directeur de clientèle (Former Employee), Paris, A8March 8, 2013
Excellence d'une point de vue des qualités intrinsèques des équipes mais de vrais difficultés en termes managérial et de gestion des équipes, talents et personnalités des consultants.

About Fleishman-Hillard

Communication is everything at Fleishman-Hillard. One of the leading public relations firms in the US, the company specializes – Read more