Fleishman-Hillard Employee Reviews

Don't expect time off, ever
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 27, 2017
FH will tell you "a personal commitment is required".

What that means is, they own you and expect you to work as long as some arbitrary and ever-changing deadline requires.

Your child has a dance recital? So sorry, client just emailed you their 56th round of edits. Vacation? What's that?: you MUST be available for your client. Bill those hours! BILL THOSE HOURS!

If you are the type of person who is willing to answer emails 2 hours after you have given birth (yes, this actually happened), and come back to full time work after 2-3 weeks from your birth, then this is the place for you! The SKY will be the limit.

Shudder if your client is in a different time zone. You will be expected to work your full day time and into their time. (even if they are halfway around the world from you.) This means checking emails the minute you open your eyes until the minute before you got to bed "just in case".
Pros
Pay is very competitive, High profile client base that looks good on a portfolio
Cons
No real time off, ever; Terrible culture, 60 hour weeks
FH Review
Public Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 10, 2016
A day at Fleishman-Hillard is comprised of hard work, dedication, appreciation and knowing you are making a difference for the client. I can not express my gratitude enough towards the management team that puts on the internship program. As an intern at FH you will learn all you need to forward your career in Public Relations. By the end of the internship your experiences will help you succeed in even life outside of the office.
Pros
Training, free lunches, free parking, friendly atmosphere
Leader in public relations
Senior Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2016
Fleishman-Hillard has been a long standing PR firm that reaches markets on a global level.

This firm is top-notch when it comes to Crisis Communications and Reputation Management.
Pros
Work-life balance; diversity among professionals
Cons
Smaller office in Georgia.
tough place to work with very high standards
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2015
I worked for Fleishman-Hillard for 12 years. You are always multi-tasking and you are always busy from morning until night. Planning events was always fun and it was sad to leave.
Busy
Senior Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 25, 2015
Executive assistant to Sr. Vice President and Sr. Partner. Interactions with many clients, large and small. Exposure to all facets of office management.
Pros
Busy and well respected for my work ethic
Cons
So busy forgot to eat at times
A creative and collaborative work environment in which the best and brightest came together to develop optimal client solutions
Managing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 31, 2014
Fleishman-Hillard was the was rewarding place I have ever had the opportunity to work. This was largely because of the managers and the nurturing, encouraging, and empowering culture that they created from the top down. As a junior professional, it was from these same managers that I learned all the skills of a general communications practitioner and ultimately specialised as a Web content and Production Specialist. I love going to work there every day.
Pros
Opportunities for Advancement
Cons
Secretive and Unbalanced Salaries Amongst Counterparts
Fun culture. Traditional PR is their core strength.
Planner (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 1, 2014
FH, like most other agencies, is a fun place to work and quickly get good experience. Traditional PR is a core strength and that team is the best at what they do. Other areas, like digital, are coming along but need to continue developing their own strengths and identity.
Pros
fun but professional atmosphere
Cons
Still developing areas outside traditional PR
Consumer and Corporate Public Relations
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 26, 2014
Member of consumer marketing division handling clients Sony PlayStation, United Airlines and Nestlé USA. Responsible for media contact and placement, promotional event planning and production and oversaw all correspondence between clients and company. Directed team in the collection and upkeep of vital media contact lists for clients. Conducted company training programs on optimizing use of the Internet for research and development to better service existing clients with competitor information, industry trends as well as offering direction for uses in new business presentations.
Incredible experience in Public Relations
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2013
I worked in the Consumer Products division, and had the pleasure of interacting with celebrities of every caliber while working with my supervisors.
No clear vision, direction during my brief time spent on the team.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 29, 2013
No clear vision, direction during my brief time spent on the team.
Pros
clean environment, individual offices
Cons
pay, bill by 15 minute increment was stressful
Excellent training program and great people
SharePoint Administration Intern (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 28, 2012
Fleishman-Hillard has allowed me to partake in their internship program in the MS SharePoint department. My daily work includes a multitude of different tasks for both the SharePoint team as well as employees throughout the corporation who have trouble with out internal intranet environment. Most of my current technical skills have been self-taught through this company and have given me a sense of self-satisfaction when I am able to complete a difficult tasks. All of my co-workers are amazing. They all are hard-working and dedicated individuals who know how to stay on the task at hand as well as make it fun. The experience I have gained so far through this company has been tremendous and I would recommend anyone who has a chance here should do so.
It's all about the fh culture
Former employee (Former Employee) –  St LouisSeptember 7, 2012
Terrible management style across the board. Very top heavy org with few junior staff and too many managers. You are expected to make the company your life and change your life in big and small ways to make that happen. Great benefits and pay is decent. But it's a 50 hour week plus job.
benefits
Cons
poor culture and management
lacking structure
Talent Development Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 11, 2012
Great Company with great benefits. The location is awesome. The people were great. Enjoyed the work.
Pros
smart people
Cons
lack of communication
good place to work.
Talent Development Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 20, 2012
not much communication between management and staff. I was let go will my other boss was giving me urgent projects