FLEMING'S PRIME STEAKHOUSE AND WINE BAR Employee Reviews

Working at Fleming's
Reservationist (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GADecember 27, 2017
Fleming's is a decent restaurant to work at. You are able to work flexible hours and request when you wish to work or have off. I would prefer to work full-time but only kitchen staff and management are offered that opportunity. This is a great job for a college student.
Pros
discounts
Cons
scheduling
My Review
BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 18, 2017
As it is only open for five to six hours, it is a very fast-paced, on your toes job and environment. Management is great, coworkers can be great as well. The kitchen staff are wonderful and I think this was a great job that got me through college.
Pros
Discounted meals, friendly staff/management
Cons
No breaks unless on doubles, no shift meal
Chill work environment that could use minor managerial improvements
Server (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 1, 2017
Typical shift for me starts off pretty slow. The limit for most of us is to serve three tables simultaneously. This doesn't keep me busy enough so my days usually go by slow. I prefer to have four. It's more of a slower paced environment so table turnover is not very high. Management is very nice but I feel like sometimes communication is lacking and with certain managers and so is awareness when operating the dining room during a shift. All in all I make fairly good money and do enjoy working there. I've been in restaurants for a long time so now I'm hoping to try work in a different industry that's a bit more rewarding and where I can have more nights and weekends off.
Pros
Family meal during lunch shifts
Cons
too overstaffed. Wish I had more hours per shift.
Slow
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 11, 2017
Extremely seasonal restaurant. Very poor management that choose to practice favoritism. Lots of food complaints by guests, and overall poor guest satisfaction
a very good place to work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  miamiJune 6, 2017
Managers are great. Guest are very friendly. I had to work hard but it was fun. All the associates need to have full knowledge about the wines and food we sell at Fleming's.
Pros
discounts
Fun at Flemings
Host (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 1, 2017
Great job with great people that put hospitality and quality in every aspect first. My job as a host is pretty straight forward, but my coworkers make going into work fun and excciting
7 years in a nutshell
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 5, 2017
Money is good, hours are short. I guess this could vary depending on which location you work at. I've learned a lot at this job. It turned me on to wine and spoiled me with good taste. I grew immensely as a professional in this restaurant. Management were like mentors to me and maintained accountability across the board.

Things aren't the same anymore. I feel like corporate is casting a shadow over everything and becoming too overbearing. The cost cutting is just getting insane especially when it applies to benefits and proper training.

The hardest part of the job is executing the many steps of service that we have...it gets difficult when you can't find a manager to do something for you. Learning the menu and wine list can also be a challenge.

The most enjoyable part of the job TO ME is adding value to the guest experience using my own creativity. Whether it be by making someone laugh, or suggesting a wine pairing. Not only that, but being surrounded by like minded associates who are willing to help you and get the job done.

Work life balance is a huge pro. Getting shifts covered or requesting off are usually no problem. You just have to plan carefully and not abuse it.

Overall, if you're looking for an introduction to fine dining, I think this is a great start. You can make a career out of this job. If you're trying to work your way through college, this is a fantastic choice. Daytime hours are nonexistent except for Sunday.
Pros
Minimal hours, great earning potential, work/life balance
Cons
Benefits are hard to attain, Corporate can be overbearing
Great place to work!
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 14, 2017
Fine dining establishment that only served dinner. This was a great schedule for someone needing to go to school during the day. Great pay and great management!
Total lack of management and chef
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 5, 2017
Terrible place to work. Very unprofessional and bordering hostile. No rhyme or reason to decisions being made by management. Coasting and not in any particular direction. Management barely would address guest dissatisfaction and left it to the point where guests would become venomous with staff. This was to the point of letters or emails to corporate leading to terminations of line employees. Very unprofessional.
Pros
Other staff
Cons
Everything about BBI and management
Wonderful Company to work for
Corporate Trainer / Key Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Fun culture. Great training and room to move up in the company. Has a lot of great team members and great food. I was really honored to work for them for as long as I did.
productive and fun
Server/Server Assistant/Host (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 30, 2016
great place to work and establish meaningful connections with guests. was able to further my wine knowledge through information provided by the company.
Good monetary potential
Fine Dining Restaurant Server (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 21, 2016
Fleming's has been caught up in doing constant promotions and almost giving away a 4 course prime rib meal for $30 multiple times a year. A fine dining establishment does not need to constantly offer "discounted" food items to get people to walk through the door. The competition in our area does not need to do that. People know who Fleming's is and they will come in regardless of the never ending discounted food items. I feel that the GM's who are actually working in the restaurants day in and day out should be able to determine what is good for their particular store. At the very least entice guests with something else besides the constant prime rib "deal". You can get prime rib pretty much anywhere these days. The "promotions" keep getting more frequent and more lengthy than ever before. It is business but this corporate mentality is hurting the livelihood of hourly employees when they think it is helping.
Pros
pay can be exceptional outside of food promos
Cons
corporate
Fantastic Steakhouse with amazing wine selection
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 25, 2015
USDA Prime Steakhouse offering over a hundred wines by the glass and bottle. Fine dining, great service, and beautiful ambiance. Best part of the job is offering a splendid array of top notch dishes and steaks, with an award-winning wine list, along fine bourbons and scotches. Unfortunately over-staffing has led to not enough shifts, and money is very erratic.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement, great staff and kitchen.
Cons
Money isn't that great outside the holiday season.
Good experience
Head Host (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2015
Allowed me to increase my hospitality experience, management skills, and communication ability. It was a valuable experience
Fine establishment with a great vision and product
Server/ Bartender (Current Employee) –  Edgewater, NJMay 28, 2015
Fleming's is a fantastic modern yet classic American Steakhouse. They have a variety of product with fails to disappoint. I take pride in discussing the product we deliver at that establishment as well as the atmosphere it is delivered in.

The hardest part of the job can be the busy days where you feel like you can not keep up with the pace of the work.

Life/Work balance is low because most jobs run at a 9 to 5 schedule. This job functions at reverse hours. It is very hard to keep up with life, friends, and family when you work while they are off.

However, compensation is great and the job itself is fun and all together not that difficult if you are honest to yourself and your guest. Just do Fleming's.
Pros
Family meal, good times
Cons
Little to no breaks, job hours.
Great Company Great Management Great Little Store
Server/ Head Trainer/ Dining Captain/ Key (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLOctober 29, 2014
Worked there for a great many years. Honed my skills and went from a server to head trainer and key associate. In all that time I enjoyed what I did and never felt job satisfaction like I did working here.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
fine dining work environment with exceptional staff
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 24, 2014
oversee all that the executive chef needs and assist in any production of food or menu settings for private parties or large functions.
prepare food for the entire staff on a daily basis, which was a great way to express my passion for food everyday.
staff were like family and everyone worked together as one unit to accomplish a greta dining experience for the guests.
Pros
healthcare, 401k, meal benefits
Fun and friendly workplace
Assistant Private Dining Director (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 7, 2014
• Coordinate the planning of fine dining events for individual and corporate clients
• Collaborate with clients in developing budgets
• Create menus, room layout diagrams, table assignments, reservation sheets and event scripts
• Secure and keep in good rapport with vendors for the rental of AV equipment and furniture
• Assist in all aspects of sales and marketing to include, but not limited to, representing Fleming’s at Chamber of Commerce events and developing and distributing marketing materials
• Direct private dining staff through motivating the team to meet critical hourly deadlines and intricate details to achieve client satisfaction
fantastic place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 11, 2014
Great company/culture. Hours are reasonable, good benefits and opportunities for growth
Pros
Incredible managemnt team
Cons
late nights
Nice place... not much room to come up
Server (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 19, 2014
Fleming's is what anybody should expect of an upscale Steak house. Other than the constant marketing promotions, discounts, and couponing that drives poorer quality customers to seek out poorer quality dishes, this is a fine place to work.
Pros
Solid in-house Management
Cons
Disconnect between corporate goals and and store image

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FLEMING'S PRIME STEAKHOUSE AND WINE BAR. Our community is ready to answer.

FLEMING'S PRIME STEAKHOUSE AND WINE BAR Reviews by Job Title