FLEMING'S PRIME STEAKHOUSE AND WINE BAR Employee Reviews in United States

Good monetary potential
Fine Dining Restaurant Server (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 21, 2016
Fleming's has been caught up in doing constant promotions and almost giving away a 4 course prime rib meal for $30 multiple times a year. A fine dining establishment does not need to constantly offer "discounted" food items to get people to walk through the door. The competition in our area does not need to do that. People know who Fleming's is and they will come in regardless of the never ending discounted food items. I feel that the GM's who are actually working in the restaurants day in and day out should be able to determine what is good for their particular store. At the very least entice guests with something else besides the constant prime rib "deal". You can get prime rib pretty much anywhere these days. The "promotions" keep getting more frequent and more lengthy than ever before. It is business but this corporate mentality is hurting the livelihood of hourly employees when they think it is helping.
Pros
pay can be exceptional outside of food promos
Cons
corporate
Fine establishment with a great vision and product
Server/ Bartender (Current Employee) –  Edgewater, NJMay 28, 2015
Fleming's is a fantastic modern yet classic American Steakhouse. They have a variety of product with fails to disappoint. I take pride in discussing the product we deliver at that establishment as well as the atmosphere it is delivered in.

The hardest part of the job can be the busy days where you feel like you can not keep up with the pace of the work.

Life/Work balance is low because most jobs run at a 9 to 5 schedule. This job functions at reverse hours. It is very hard to keep up with life, friends, and family when you work while they are off.

However, compensation is great and the job itself is fun and all together not that difficult if you are honest to yourself and your guest. Just do Fleming's.
Pros
Family meal, good times
Cons
Little to no breaks, job hours.
Good experience
Head Host (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2015
Allowed me to increase my hospitality experience, management skills, and communication ability. It was a valuable experience
fine dining work environment with exceptional staff
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 24, 2014
oversee all that the executive chef needs and assist in any production of food or menu settings for private parties or large functions.
prepare food for the entire staff on a daily basis, which was a great way to express my passion for food everyday.
staff were like family and everyone worked together as one unit to accomplish a greta dining experience for the guests.
Pros
healthcare, 401k, meal benefits
Nice place... not much room to come up
Server (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 19, 2014
Fleming's is what anybody should expect of an upscale Steak house. Other than the constant marketing promotions, discounts, and couponing that drives poorer quality customers to seek out poorer quality dishes, this is a fine place to work.
Pros
solid in-house management
Cons
disconnect between corporate goals and and store image
fantastic place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 11, 2014
Great company/culture. Hours are reasonable, good benefits and opportunities for growth
Pros
incredible managemnt team
Cons
late nights
Fun and friendly workplace
Assistant Private Dining Director (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 7, 2014
• Coordinate the planning of fine dining events for individual and corporate clients
• Collaborate with clients in developing budgets
• Create menus, room layout diagrams, table assignments, reservation sheets and event scripts
• Secure and keep in good rapport with vendors for the rental of AV equipment and furniture
• Assist in all aspects of sales and marketing to include, but not limited to, representing Fleming’s at Chamber of Commerce events and developing and distributing marketing materials
• Direct private dining staff through motivating the team to meet critical hourly deadlines and intricate details to achieve client satisfaction
Great hours and awesome place to work.
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 3, 2012
At Fleming's Steakhouse in Chicago the management is more than fair. They are there to get their job done and ensure that their employees are making money. The food and ambience of the restaurant is amazing.
Pros
family meal every day before shift.
Great working environment
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJuly 8, 2013
I met many great people and leaned a lot from this job. Gained great sales skills, which would be useful in the future.
Pros
great management
Cons
working holidays
Corporate fine dining with excellent training
Server (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisJanuary 5, 2012
I learned a lot about food and wine here, and further developed my customer service skills. I enjoyed the clockwork management and precision training program.
Great Company Great Management Great Little Store
Server/ Head Trainer/ Dining Captain/ Key (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLOctober 29, 2014
Worked there for a great many years. Honed my skills and went from a server to head trainer and key associate. In all that time I enjoyed what I did and never felt job satisfaction like I did working here.
Pros
fun place to work
Fleming's Prime Steakhouse
Private Dining Director (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 13, 2013
Great environment and staff. Wonderful clientele, great work hours and upper scale area of city. Enjoyed the position. Hardest part of job was too much business and not enough room to put private dining parties, therefore affected my ability to maximize my earnings potential.
Pros
great restaurant and company
Cons
not enough private space to make anticipated commissions.

4.3