Fletcher Allen Health Care

Fletcher Allen Health Care Employer Reviews

Senior Professional Coder
Senior Professional Coder (Current Employee), Burlington, VTMay 2, 2014
Daily review of documentation for compliant coding.
E/M billing and injection procedures
Busy, Fast paced enviroment
medical assistant, clinical coordinator (Current Employee), Burlington vtFebruary 26, 2014
very busy, very fast paced work area. About 60 co-workers with many different clinics going on at once.
Great coworkers and learning experience
Student Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee), Burlington, VTFebruary 25, 2014
I loved being here because of my fellow co-workers and how well they worked together as a team.
It was a rewarding place to work.
lead Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Burlington, VTFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: patients would always bring us in goodies
Cons: poor management
It could be very sad at times to work. Working with Cancer patients is difficult but we always tried to make it fun. They enjoyed that about us. I really enjoy working with them they are amazing people. The staff are great to. Trying to find fun things to do to break up the saddness.
I learned that life is short and you need to live everyday like it – more... is your last.
Management was great until about a year ago then we got a supervisor who truly did not understand the clinic part of what we do. The most enjoyable part is the patients of course they are why I would get out of bed every morning. – less
Excellent
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Burlington, VTDecember 30, 2013
I enjoyed my years at FAHC left as a the office manager of GMU was someone I had worked with at the walk in clinic and they called me to come work for them and offered more money.
Good working environment
Account Resolution Specialist (Current Employee), Burlington, VTDecember 3, 2013
This is a great company to work for. They care about their employees and about their patients.
The hardest part about this job is trying to work with patients that are upset and struggling to pay their medical bills, it also can be the most rewarding part when I am able to help a patient through difficult insurance issues or get assistance with their – more... balances. – less
LNA
LNA (Former Employee), Burlington, VTNovember 19, 2013
Pros: building relationships with coworkers and patients
Cons: being short staffed most of the time
It was a very fast paced environment. Working as a team was crucial for communication to be open between the LNAs and the RNs its the only way to we could provide excellent care to our patients, It was an inpatient rehab facility so our goal was to help our patients return to their home life as safely as possible.
Positive experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Burlington VTNovember 19, 2013
Have work at FAHC for 5 years as an RN. I love my job and feel supported within my nursing unit.
Flexible work environment
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, VTOctober 30, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: constantly evolving
Vermont Managed Care allows autonomy, flexibility and even a little fun!
Great vaule, fun people to work with, helping other
Practice Support Specialist (Current Employee), Burlington, VTJuly 30, 2013
Cons: advancement is challenging.
Flethcer Allen is a is centered around great patient care and being an enjoyable place to work. Great on the job education as well.
Workout area for employees to ulitize
LNA /Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Burlington, VTJuly 23, 2013
Greeting of patients, making sure that all personal information was accurate. Helping with any questions they may have to providing a comfortable setting.
Clinical skills to serve the unit better.
Co-Workers hard workers, detailed oriented
Scheduling patients for pre-op appointments.
Knowing that I provided care to patients that were in need.
Opportunity
UVM Medical Group Systems Educator (Current Employee), Burlington, VTJune 24, 2013
Really enjoyed the ability to have a voice in organizational change.
large hospital with room for growth
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Colchester, VTApril 18, 2013
Overall good experience, great management and coworkers, as with any hospital can be high stress but employees are given great guidance and resources.
Really great place to work!
Patient Placement Coordinator (Former Employee), Burlington, VermontMarch 9, 2013
Pros: discount on ferry passes to new york and free parking!
Cons: off site parking involved "school" buses for transportation.
Everyday was structured with your input. Learned to work with many demands and personalities. Management did an excellent job listening and improving issues as identified. The hardest part of the job was the weather - if it snowed 48-inches you could be stuck at work! The most enjoyable part of the job was co-workers positive outlook!
Poorly supported once needs were recognized
Provider (Former Employee), BurlingtonFebruary 28, 2013
I did not enjoy working here. Poorly supported once needs were identified. Salaried employees worked very long hours for little thanks.
Good place to work, good pay and benefits
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Burlington, VTFebruary 18, 2013
level 1 trauma center, that doesn't forget it's employees. I initiated interest and gained much knowledge on the development and tasks within the radiology department in which I assisted. My questions were embraced and entusiastically nutured and supported. It was a little community within the walls of the hospital.
Supportive job environment for learning and growing as a professional
Registered Nurse III (Current Employee), Burlington, VTFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: supportive and friendly staff
Cons: long work hours
FAHC is very supportive of its nursing staff. I performed all tasks with a patient-centered focus while seeking opportunities for improvement of processes and treatments through active involvement in a unit and a hospital wide Practice Council, as well as, founding and running a unit level evidence based practice Journal club with information dissemination – more... to staff.

•Achieved departmental goals and objectives by instituting new processes and standards for in-patient care. For example: initiation of HCAPS, head of bed report, and continued infection control standards

•Developed and maintained quality care systems and standards, including but not limited to, creating and improving unit based medical protocols/guidelines.

As Charge Nurse/ Staff Nurse III: Implemented new floor assignments based on evaluation of staffing requirements and patient acuity to maximize patient safety and staff productivity. I am providing patient care in a med-surg unit, adeptly handling many aspects of treatment from medication to wound care.

• Liaised between patients, physicians, management, and other members of the health care team to ensure patient comprehension of treatment plan and to achieve high patient satisfaction.

•Assisted patients with healing and recovery before and after cardio-thoracic and peripheral vascular surgery as well as an array of medical ailments. – less
Highly caring hospital
Revenue Accounts Specialist (Former Employee), Williston, VTFebruary 13, 2013
Cons: limited time off, management micro manages
Working for the hospital makes a person feel as though they are helping and caring for the human race.
Ortho Neuro Unit RN
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Burlington, VTJanuary 7, 2013
This was my first job out of nursing school
Typical day at work well FAHC had a great preceptor program i did on days then went to nights. normally the program lasts for 90 days and I only was onmine for 60 days. Typical night it was a 45 bed unit with a miss of ortho and nero patients. Il eraned time managemet how to hon my neuro assemetns and help – more... out my coworkers.
Hardest parts of the job it really wasn't the job it was my 45 minuets commute one way that made me give up the job. The bset pat of the job was that i was so busy that I learned alot and time flew by fast and the spirtis of these neuro patiens were amazing they made feel better about myself – less
Fletcher Allen Healthcare is the largest employer in Vermont and is always supportive of any career advancement and education that may be neededed to
Surgical Clinical Office Assistant (Current Employee), Burlington, VTDecember 28, 2012
Pros: fletcher allen offers great insurance benefits and retirement
Cons: employees have to park off site and take shuttles into work, it can be inconvenient sometimes relying on a ride into work and making it on time.
I absolutely love my job. I know, alot of people can't say that. I love the challenges I have to deal with everyday and the people that I work with. We all have a great chemistry and all of the Attendings are very respectful and understanding. Over the years I have learned many different aspects of the ENT field and have developed close relationships – more... with patients who are here on a regular basis. – less