Fletcher Allen Health Care Employee Reviews

Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTOctober 24, 2015
I worked in Patient Financial Services. The manager of that department is one of the kindest, sweetest people, I have ever worked for. She has a complete understanding of what is needed. She backs her employees up 100%. When you start your position, your training is thorough and complete. Loved the job.
Good benefits, good culture
Licensed Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTAugust 24, 2015
FAHC now University of Vermont Medical Center has for the most part been a great place to work. Great bunch of teammates and managers on average. The job of nurses aid comes with both physical and emotional challenges working very closely with the patient population. But is can be a very rewarding career.
Pros
job security, good cafeteria, role always in demand, great benefits
Cons
frequently missing breaks, teamwork culture challenges, staffing shortages.
Great job
A Senior Code Alert Operator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJune 14, 2015
I loved working with Fletcher Allen Healthcare and taking care of patients, hospitals, doctors needs. I am a people oriented person and take great pride in helping others. This job was fulfilling and challenging and I left work every day knowing that I had helped others.
Pros
Great benefits, great personnel
Cons
Management needed to address urgent issues rather than put them off till later
Very Productive
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VermontApril 22, 2015
I loved working at Fletcher Allen. The people were wonderful and I learnt so much. The best part of my job were the patients. If I could give a little hope, then I did my job.
Challenging but rewarding work in Mental Health.
Psychiatric Units, assisting patients (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTSeptember 16, 2014
Day to day a supported work environment from management to co-workers. Providing care, support and supervision for patients. I am constantly learning from the nursing staff, management and other staff members. Although days may be similar, each day has it's own set of dynamics and needs to constantly be evaluated. The hardest part of the job would be sitting at night for extended periods of time. The part that is most enjoyable is to understand more about mental health, and to know that we have a part in the daily care that helps each patient attain their baseline and be ready for discharge.
Emergency Dept is fast paced and fun
physician assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTSeptember 16, 2014
I loved my position at the Emergency Dept. Unfortunately, due to some life changes, I could not work shift work any longer and had to change to a more 8-5 work day position.
Love the job and my coworkeers.
Staff Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTSeptember 6, 2014
I love working with the oncology patients and end of life patients. We have a cohesive team among doctors and nurses. Management is where I wish things were better.
Fun place to work and meet the public.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTAugust 29, 2014
Typical day was going to my station and doing my duties.
I learned MOAB training, and lots of computer skills.
Management was great.
My co-workers were great to work with and I learned alot from them. They were very helpful.
The hardest part of the job was putting patients in 4-point restraints.
I most enjoyed meeting/talking with visitors, patients and co-workers.
Pros
stability.
Cons
breaks sometimes not available or late.
Great learning experience
Intern (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTJuly 22, 2014
My typical day was cutting or embedding surgicals, biopsies, and autopsies in the morning. In the afternoon I would study for my HT exam or I would work triage. This is where the slides are sent through the the automatic stainer then coverslipped, scanned into the system and sent out to the Pathologists. Everyone I worked with was very helpful and kind. The hardest part was trying to catch up to speed with everyone and learning a bunch of new things at once. The most enjoyable part was being able to experience the job field and improving my skills.
Pros
learned a lot of new things
Cons
the shuttle
Great
Cytology Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJuly 21, 2014
Great place to work. People were wonderful and environment very friendly.

Want to know more about Fletcher Allen Health Care?

Ask a question
Professional Hospital
Practice Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTMay 27, 2014
I enjoyed helping patients with many needs.
Working for the hospital is a very fulfilling job.
Senior Professional Coder
Senior Professional Coder (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTMay 2, 2014
Daily review of documentation for compliant coding.
E/M billing and injection procedures
Busy, Fast paced enviroment
medical assistant, clinical coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burlington vtFebruary 26, 2014
very busy, very fast paced work area. About 60 co-workers with many different clinics going on at once.
Great coworkers and learning experience
Student Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTFebruary 25, 2014
I loved being here because of my fellow co-workers and how well they worked together as a team.
It was a rewarding place to work.
lead Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTFebruary 10, 2014
It could be very sad at times to work. Working with Cancer patients is difficult but we always tried to make it fun. They enjoyed that about us. I really enjoy working with them they are amazing people. The staff are great to. Trying to find fun things to do to break up the saddness.
I learned that life is short and you need to live everyday like it is your last.
Management was great until about a year ago then we got a supervisor who truly did not understand the clinic part of what we do. The most enjoyable part is the patients of course they are why I would get out of bed every morning.
Pros
patients would always bring us in goodies
Cons
poor management
Excellent
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTDecember 30, 2013
I enjoyed my years at FAHC left as a the office manager of GMU was someone I had worked with at the walk in clinic and they called me to come work for them and offered more money.
Good working environment
Account Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTDecember 3, 2013
This is a great company to work for. They care about their employees and about their patients.
The hardest part about this job is trying to work with patients that are upset and struggling to pay their medical bills, it also can be the most rewarding part when I am able to help a patient through difficult insurance issues or get assistance with their balances.
LNA
LNA (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTNovember 19, 2013
It was a very fast paced environment. Working as a team was crucial for communication to be open between the LNAs and the RNs its the only way to we could provide excellent care to our patients, It was an inpatient rehab facility so our goal was to help our patients return to their home life as safely as possible.
Pros
building relationships with coworkers and patients
Cons
being short staffed most of the time
Positive experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Burlington VTNovember 19, 2013
Have work at FAHC for 5 years as an RN. I love my job and feel supported within my nursing unit.
Flexible work environment
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTOctober 30, 2013
Vermont Managed Care allows autonomy, flexibility and even a little fun!
Pros
flexibility
Cons
constantly evolving

4.5