Fletcher Allen Health Care Employee Reviews

A long time ago
Psychiatric Resident (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTNovember 20, 2017
I worked as a resident. There was a struggle with the work/life balance. The old guard came from an expectation of >80 hours/week even though guidelines had changed to forbid this practice.
great department
Pre- Operative Nurse (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTAugust 27, 2017
I work in a great department. I do not go home stressed however I am aware that other floors are understaffed and overworked. trying to get everything done in a shift and to meet everyones needs. I wish there were more conferences we could attend. Otherwise my manager is helpful and I work with supportive collegues.
Trauma Center
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTAugust 17, 2017
Very busy and sometimes hectic days. Offered many learning experiences. pleasant workplace culture. Extended call shifts were difficult. Great surgeons, level one trauma center, adrenaline rush.
Pros
great hospital
Cons
Location was too far from whee I live.
Good place to learn
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTAugust 15, 2017
There are many opportunities to learn since this is a teaching hospital. The patients have multiple medical problems and can be challenging to care for. I learned many nursing skills, the management was supportive and there was a culturally diverse work force. The hours can be long and physically challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see the patients get better and go home.
Pros
various learning experiences
Cons
Lack of accountability for middle management
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTAugust 13, 2017
I found some other nurse managers to be cut-throat and very unprofessional and rude. The RNs are unionized and the relationship between the hospital and the union was adversarial. This made is very difficult to deal with low performer and carry out disciplinary action.
Pros
Large, tertiary care center where I learned a tremendous amount about running and ICU.
Cons
So large nothing ever seemed to get done.
Very productive place to work'lots of smiling faces
Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTApril 12, 2016
A very busy day at work bringing in heart patients,placing holter monitors on patients,doing ekg's and phone calling I enjoy patient contact all day long.We are a team,work great together.
Pros
I love my hours-Monday to friday, social person
Cons
sometimes we don't get breaks, people out so have to help out more
Always Learning
Project Manager/LPN/MAll (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTNovember 24, 2015
FAHC was an exciting environment to work in, as the ability to work and continue to learn was a daily activity. I truly enjoyed my career and my employer for the advancements and opportunities they offer their staff.
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTOctober 24, 2015
I worked in Patient Financial Services. The manager of that department is one of the kindest, sweetest people, I have ever worked for. She has a complete understanding of what is needed. She backs her employees up 100%. When you start your position, your training is thorough and complete. Loved the job.
Good benefits, good culture
Licensed Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTAugust 24, 2015
FAHC now University of Vermont Medical Center has for the most part been a great place to work. Great bunch of teammates and managers on average. The job of nurses aid comes with both physical and emotional challenges working very closely with the patient population. But is can be a very rewarding career.
Pros
job security, good cafeteria, role always in demand, great benefits
Cons
frequently missing breaks, teamwork culture challenges, staffing shortages.
Great job
A Senior Code Alert Operator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJune 14, 2015
I loved working with Fletcher Allen Healthcare and taking care of patients, hospitals, doctors needs. I am a people oriented person and take great pride in helping others. This job was fulfilling and challenging and I left work every day knowing that I had helped others.
Pros
Great benefits, great personnel
Cons
Management needed to address urgent issues rather than put them off till later
Very Productive
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VermontApril 22, 2015
I loved working at Fletcher Allen. The people were wonderful and I learnt so much. The best part of my job were the patients. If I could give a little hope, then I did my job.
Challenging but rewarding work in Mental Health.
Psychiatric Units, assisting patients (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTSeptember 16, 2014
Day to day a supported work environment from management to co-workers. Providing care, support and supervision for patients. I am constantly learning from the nursing staff, management and other staff members. Although days may be similar, each day has it's own set of dynamics and needs to constantly be evaluated. The hardest part of the job would be sitting at night for extended periods of time. The part that is most enjoyable is to understand more about mental health, and to know that we have a part in the daily care that helps each patient attain their baseline and be ready for discharge.
Emergency Dept is fast paced and fun
physician assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTSeptember 16, 2014
I loved my position at the Emergency Dept. Unfortunately, due to some life changes, I could not work shift work any longer and had to change to a more 8-5 work day position.
Love the job and my coworkeers.
Staff Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTSeptember 6, 2014
I love working with the oncology patients and end of life patients. We have a cohesive team among doctors and nurses. Management is where I wish things were better.
Fun place to work and meet the public.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTAugust 29, 2014
Typical day was going to my station and doing my duties.
I learned MOAB training, and lots of computer skills.
Management was great.
My co-workers were great to work with and I learned alot from them. They were very helpful.
The hardest part of the job was putting patients in 4-point restraints.
I most enjoyed meeting/talking with visitors, patients and co-workers.
Pros
Stability.
Cons
Breaks sometimes not available or late.
Great learning experience
Intern (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTJuly 22, 2014
My typical day was cutting or embedding surgicals, biopsies, and autopsies in the morning. In the afternoon I would study for my HT exam or I would work triage. This is where the slides are sent through the the automatic stainer then coverslipped, scanned into the system and sent out to the Pathologists. Everyone I worked with was very helpful and kind. The hardest part was trying to catch up to speed with everyone and learning a bunch of new things at once. The most enjoyable part was being able to experience the job field and improving my skills.
Pros
learned a lot of new things
Cons
the shuttle
Great
Cytology Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJuly 21, 2014
Great place to work. People were wonderful and environment very friendly.
Professional Hospital
Practice Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTMay 27, 2014
I enjoyed helping patients with many needs.
Working for the hospital is a very fulfilling job.
Senior Professional Coder
Senior Professional Coder (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTMay 2, 2014
Daily review of documentation for compliant coding.
E/M billing and injection procedures
Busy, Fast paced enviroment
medical assistant, clinical coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burlington vtFebruary 26, 2014
very busy, very fast paced work area. About 60 co-workers with many different clinics going on at once.