Flex-N-Gate

Flex-N-Gate Employee Reviews

management suck
process technician (Former Employee), grand rapids gr5June 1, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: management hr and security
it's a family oriented company. the supervisors all the way to hr and upper management are good friends.they don't follow any of the rules or procedures in the employee hand book take a year to lose a point always mandated overtime don't get to use your vacation or mytime as needed have you on probation for a year and a half never on time with your review so your back pay always get messed up 5people have to approve before your granted a day off
denies you fmla if you are in a skilled trade position and have a sick family member supervisors sleep with employees in the parking lots and offices and get away with it seniority means nothing goto hr and they cant help you with anything because everything is up to supervisors discretion overall they need to do away with management and start over from scratch they do everything for a end of the year bonus security allowed cars to get burglarized for 2-3 months and even with security cameras never caught one person
Productive and great place to work at
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIMay 19, 2015
The company was a great place to work at, enjoyed the staff and management. Enjoyed every part of my job. Would recommend to everyone.
It was an okay place
Press Operator (Former Employee), Danville, ILFebruary 12, 2015
I did not like being in that factory setting. There was a lot of drama going on in there and instead of management putting an end to it, they actually encouraged it.
wow
Automatic Press Operator (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIFebruary 11, 2015
this was a great gift shop filled with knowledgeable employees and the environments as fun loving and carefree. A great place to work and shop.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Detroit, MINovember 26, 2014
Job advancement I went from production operator to quality controls great people I learned how to drive the hi-lo still talk to some coworkers
Productive and fun work place
General Labor/ Spot Welder (Former Employee), Warren, MINovember 20, 2014
Benefits were good, pay was good, co-workers was good. Everything was good wish i could go back. I learned Molding, Welding how to operate a Press machine and packing.
It is an ok place to work.
weld operator (Current Employee), Covington, INOctober 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: way too much overtime
They are not a bad place to work for. They do need better communication and they need to staff each shift appropriately and each department.
Great people to work with
A/P for TX and KC and also HR for TX (Former Employee), Ada, OKAugust 20, 2014
Pros: work area was fun, yet worked very hard
Cons: end of month required long hours
Learned many job functions and was able to travel and meet new people. Co-worker were great to work with. Entire work place was very fun.
Fun work place
Auditor/Quality Department (Current Employee), Ada, OKJune 18, 2014
Pros: 1/2 menu items, great coworkers
Cons: low pay
Not a bad place to work while going to college. I enjoyed the environment, and loved talking to/observing people.
Terrible Management, Union is non Existing
PMEA (Former Employee), Sandusky ohioMarch 20, 2014
Pros: 2 paid 25 min breaks
Cons: not enough room to list them all here.
The worst company I have unfortunately had the experience to work for. The pay is terrible. The union presence is non existing. Management makes up rules as they go. They favor certain employees and do not fire them for points when other employees are disciplined and or let go. Its full of lies, drugs and drama. They say the best quality....the quality is junk. I was embarrassed to say i worked for this company. .
Productive place
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Redford, MIMarch 13, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: only two day work weeks
This job was a temporary job. i gained expierence , but had no chance at advancement.
Enjoyable Place to work
Weld Operator (Former Employee), Covington, INFebruary 28, 2014
A typical day of usually consisted of a morning meeting followed by a day full of non stop production. I learned how to operate a robotic welder. The management there was easy to get along with as long as you did your job. I got along with my co-workers well. There was nothing hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to work with my friends.
the more you work hard, the more they need more parts , and you still not get promote or more money
Project Manager (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: guaranteed 40 hours a week if work hard til you bleed or almost die
Cons: unfair labors, bad managment, cheating on hard workers, greedy plant manager, attendance policy
I worked as production worker.no matter how work hard you are they never satisfied, and they always want more . for example, if you finish production goal for today ( like 1000 parts) the next day they want 1200 parts, if you cant finish they will mandatory overtime. you cant call in if you are temp. even after you get hire , you cant have vacation leave more than 2 days.some people get fire unless they work their butt off , getting cut with sharp part, work until bleeding,work hard until you cant feel your finger. if you slow down because of the risk of injury or cutting yourself with sharp parts , you get fire.its more like a slave labor for some hard workers.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Laser Programmer (Current Employee), Warren, MIJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: low commute times from my home
Cons: mandatory overtime
A typical day began with tasking with our supervisor, and would often be the last of the supervision we would receive unless major complications came up. I began my position as a helper in my department, I quickly learned the machine I operated; through reading manuals; hard work; and observation of experienced employees in my department. Our days would end with a rundown of our days with our supervisor and second shift employees. The most difficult part of my job was the mandatory overtime often resulting in working 7 days a week, but the more enjoyable aspects would have to be the company morale: picnics, pizza parties, and other fundraising incentives.
Nice Environment
Press Machine Operator (Former Employee), Urbana, ILJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: commendations
Cons: had to go to work even in severe weather
- I received a lot of commendations
- I learned many things such as: Press Machine, Crane, etc.
- I use to have good relation with my co-workers
- Sometimes there was electronic troubleshot
- Busy
Payed well and taught many lessons.
Factory Line Worker (Former Employee), Danville, ILOctober 27, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: management
A hard working assembly job. This job provided adequate money and helped teach me how to work hard and fast.
Performance Enterprise
Line Worker Assembler/Quality Control (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 25, 2013
Pros: free lunches, they encourage you
Cons: short breaks
Happy place to work will work there again if they were still in business.
Original company was Veltri Metal Products
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIJune 25, 2013
Pros: flexiblity
Cons: to bad company went bankrupt
The above job was great until Flex N Gate took over. A lot of people lost there jobs.
Enjoyable workplace
Security (Former Employee), Urbana, ILJune 16, 2013
Great co-workers and atmosphere. Tuition reimbursement was very beneficial.
Not too bad of a workplace
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Veedersburg, INMay 31, 2013
Alot of fast pace work and alot of it for little pay. When i started i was going to college and workin seven days a week.

About Flex-N-Gate

Flex-N-Gate makes metal and plastic automotive components and assemblies, such as bumpers, grilles, hinges, interior panels and – Read more

Flex-N-Gate Salaries