Flex Employee Reviews

Highly productive assembly warehouse
Assembly Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVApril 27, 2017
Gave the incite on how Solar Mega Modules functioned and performed. Able to advance with in and Supervise a team of 5. Learned how to communicate with fellow Supervisors and Higher management. Lead my team to fully fill quotas as well as meet deadlines by being thorough, attentive, and open to learn more.
Good place for jobs
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Youngsville, NCApril 26, 2017
Love to work with people and learning day after day at work to improve my skill and help company grow to meet the demands of the technology and technical required .
been a while
Tech Manager (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDApril 23, 2017
this company lost the working relationship that was built with verizon wireless. Contracted to provide tech support on the front lines for retail locations. Not sure how things are now but then there was a lot of bending to appease verizon wireless execs. Putting quite a bit of pressure on front lines.
Pros
environment
Cons
pay, job security
Good compant to work for
Director of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAApril 19, 2017
great place to work very fast paced good work life balance. Very well run management. Good benefits and salary. Good people who are dedicated to the job
To Many layoffs.
Product Engineer Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin TexasApril 16, 2017
Big company with not long enough contracts. Management does not recognize good talent. Management changes occur to much. There is room for advancement when applying internally, and HR is run very well. Benefits are good.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Management lacks stability
Flex
Cost Accountant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 15, 2017
Expectation to work 24/7
Absolute disregard for people (no light bulbs in the bathrooms)
Extremely noisy work environment
they do provide 2 ply toilet paper
Cons
No advancement
Great Place to learn
Manager (Former Employee) –  Arecibo, PRApril 13, 2017
Great place to work, lots of opportunity to grow profecionaly and also great benefits since day number one. Great training, have a great open policy
Pros
Great pay, training and place to grow profesionaly
Cons
Only cons that I thinks is that they have to many changes on instructionas.
When I was there in 2000, their was great optimism at first then it crumbled.
Senior Engineer Tech/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 13, 2017
I am sure Flex is a good company now but back then in 2000, they really needed a new manager that knew what he was doing. He had no clear direction but bring us down. Upper management was great. Kind of ironic.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Worked alot of hours into the night.
I like to learn new things every day
Level IV Quality Final Inspector (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAApril 11, 2017
I like to learn new things every day , By utilizing the services of a great electronic contract manufacturing company, Ihave access to the latest equipment and technology, allowing you to produce your product more quickly than doing it in-house.
The culture is that they need to work with each other
SMT Set Up Operator (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAApril 10, 2017
Typical day at work would be getting your materials prepared and start your daily work right away. Be productive !!! You may have a long day to do the work but you must complete a number of works done at the end of the day.
Pros
Company holidays
Cons
It's very hard to get a permanent status to earn medical, dental benefits
productive
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 7, 2017
Very calm relax shifts (overnight) hardly ever seen the manager but the shift and work still moved smoothly. Could get busy at points but it makes the day go by fast.
cool
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAApril 6, 2017
no complaints from me, this company provided oppertunity and allowed officers to grow and develop with the business on a day to day basis. no room for failure only room for improvement
very organized and productie work environment
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 6, 2017
A typical day would have been an 8 hour shift on a well organized line shipping product. Great management, work environment, learned a lot about a production line.
Pros
well organized, well managed, and pay
Cons
breaks
Best job I've had
Senior DSC Manager, Certified MOPS trainer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 5, 2017
I couldn't be more disappointed that our division was shut down and all were laid off. (Not to the fault of Flex, but from our client). From the Manager's to the team members there was the utmost focus on the customers and their experiences. Great work environment and work/life balance.
Pros
Work/Life balance, Competitive Pay, Benefits, Management team that truly cared about your success.
Cons
Working as a contractor for a major wireless carrier, kept our jobs/careers in jeopardy, We were always wondering if we were going to be laid off, and then finally it happened.
A good place to work
Operations Supervisor II (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 5, 2017
“I make sure to be ready and out the door so I can get to work at least 30 minutes before ‘start time.’ That way if there are delays such as traffic I’m still on time for any meetings or important tasks. I check voice mail and the calendar, then plan my sit down work time around other things like meetings. Sometimes it’s hard to balance between being friendly and keeping on task, but people understand that I don’t like to chit chat during the day – I like to work.”
Great People
Sr. Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 4, 2017
The group of Engineers that I worked with were great. Talented, and easy to get along with. I developed some life long friendships during my time here.
CNC Machine Programmer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILApril 3, 2017
the work environment was clean and organized and the work-flow was well-maintained, so I usually knew what job needed to get done and had all the tools to do it.
Productive workplace that requires, profession, concentration and speed
Quality Auditor/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 2, 2017
Working at Flex was a professional workplace that required me to interact with other employees. The job, itself, taught me about balance, cooperation, customer satisfaction, and teamwork. The hardest part of working at Flex was trying not to make mistakes but you learn that mistakes are normal and everyone makes them. You just have to realize that you have other employees beside you to help you along the way. Nothing is wrong with asking for help. The managers are always open-armed and welcoming. They interact with everyone and will teach you anything that they can and help you with what they can help you with in the most professional way. The most enjoyable part about Flex was the people and the non-judging hearts. Everyone welcomed me with a smile and made me feel confident about my work.
Best Team Ever
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COMarch 30, 2017
World class electronics manufacturing team. Dovatron was bought by Flextronics and did great things as a manufacturer, who's main customer was Hewlett Packard. Unfortunately, when HP bought Compaq Computer Company and no longer an OEM manufacturer in Colorado. Facility was closed.
Productive work place.
Associate Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 29, 2017
Flex is a good place to work, provided you find yourself under the right manager. There are, of course, some managers that are terrible, but there are also managers that make working at Flex bearable. Don't plan to have much in the way of work/life balance. While a place like Flex may claim that family comes first, that mentality is definitely not conveyed in the wah they make people work so much overtime that they get burnt out.
Pros
Cafeteria on site, advancement opportunity
Cons
Work/life balance, entrenched management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flex. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval