FLEXSTEEL Employee Reviews in United States

Safety
Hydro Lead Operator (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXNovember 7, 2015
The company is always aware of the safety of all employers and the quality of the production. Also the company is always trying its best to improve the quality of the product and make the customers happy.
Pros
Safety comes first
Cons
no overtime
productive place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  houston, txOctober 10, 2015
arrived at 6 am, dump hoppers, unloaded trucks, pull orders, keep inventory. I learned how to keep inventory, and how to run a shipping and receiving department
Good Pay, Decent Benefits
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJune 17, 2015
Enjoyed working at Flexsteel, Hate that they shut down the Panama City Branch. Would have been a good company to have a permanent career with.
Fast-paced work environment
COM Fabric/ Fabric Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSJune 2, 2015
A typical day included receiving fabric from customers and locating the COM number assigned. The COM number is associated with orders and then compared to default yardage to ensure proper amount has been ordered to manufacture the piece of furniture. Enter the information needed into the computer system to release production of such orders.

The steps above are followed with purchasing fabric for the company's own orders. Using the system and measurements, calculations were done to order the correct amount of yardage for each order.

Other spreadsheets were created in Excel and used to maintain inventory of samples and information of stock on hand. This information was then relayed to supervisor on a monthly basis to order necessary samples and stock.
Pros
Good Benefits, long lunch
Cons
Communication barriers
Wiper (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSApril 16, 2015
A typical day at work in flexsteel, wiping gloss off chairs, couch legs, an other. Also sweeping the floor, cleaning my session that I work in, an sanding chairs. I learned how to sand chairs, and I also learned the correct way to wipe gloss off chairs. My co-workers were very nice, easy to get alone with, an very encouraging. The hardest part of the job was wiping the chairs, because you had to go at a certain pace to keep up with the lines. The most enjoyable part was sweeping the floor because it kinda felt as a break.
This was a fun job with catered meals ocassionally.
fabricator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 2, 2015
A regular day was getting your work assignment and material for that job. Setting the machine up to run that particular job and producing quality parts. The management and coworkers was very helpful if you needed advice or help. Some of the dies on the presses needed repaired and the parts would get hung and had to be knocked out with a mallet. They took good care of the employees and had catered meals usually every couple months that was nice.
Pros
Catered meals and running the automated tubing benders.
Cons
This plant eventually closed and moved to Georgia and i was layed off.
great place like family
sewer/groupleader (Former Employee) –  New Paris, INAugust 27, 2013
great place to work had safty pay ,carry ins lunches,great picnics and made lots of friends
Cons
union got in
Never a set schedule costantly changing
Steel Strip Operator (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 24, 2013
Typical workday is work your butt off. Dont give breaks until lead is ready. Go home and thats all
Pros
no pros
Cons
everything
This was a good starter job for me
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARApril 3, 2013
I ran a band saw and a radial arm saw. I learned to read blue prints and use various messsuring devices
Pros
good starter job
Cons
could have paid better
I enjoyed what i did there being able to work with my hands
Receiving clerk (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAJune 12, 2012
Overall it was a good company to work for. You had keep up with production demands and make sure everything was just right. My superviser was a very nice guy and could joke around with you but at the same time be professional. I enjoyed working with my hands but you are always worn out at the end of the day.
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
very strict policies
Pudctive environment with good friendly people.
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Dublin, GAMarch 25, 2012
10 hour work days friendly co workers. manufacturing settings steady work. long days and having to produce at a high level constantly gets exhausting. good people friendly conversation make the day go by fast.
Working as a factory worker
Hand Fill (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GA 31201February 29, 2012
When working for this Company you have to be alert and fast this Company take fone stuff them into leather that later go down the line to the women that do the sowing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FLEXSTEEL. Our community is ready to answer.