Flight Display Systems

Flight Display Systems Employee Reviews

Work was stable, management was not supportive
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 6, 2015
Manager expectations were high and stressful. Other departments were slack making my job impossible. Owners were very pleasant and generous when a good month occured. Received bonuses.
Pros
Good benefits, bonuses
Cons
Manager - poor people skills
Very Disorganized upper managment and Owners dictate life styles
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 28, 2014
Good hours
must wear many hats
managment doesnt listen to employees
poor product and all china cheap electronics
RMA CSR is low level support and nothing more availible
Crazy Town
Sales (Former Employee) –  in the buildingMay 29, 2014
The ownership has no qualms about lying to its employees, customers, vendors and FAA. Poor pay, sweat shop working conditions.

If you want to work for a guy who changes his mind, production schedule, employee duties, takes products and generally disrupts the day to day, you will be at home. Great people but the general consensus that they won't be there long. The highest turn over rate I have ever seen at a place. Most stay less than 2 years.

Further more If you BUY PRODUCTS FROM FLIGHT DISPLAY SYSTEMS, FDS: you will find out very quickly that they are complete JUNK. They buy end of life trash and through it together for less that 8% of the retail value.
Just Garbage. You have been warned.

If you read this Owner and Wife .... you might want to think about actually letting people do their jobs. Instead of Intimidating or firing people when they tell you that your ideas are crazy....

If you read this FAA personnel, you should really do a very thorough check on all of the documentation and procedures as they are not adhered to.
Pros
people all agree that the owner and operators are crazy
Cons
the management is unrealistic and the owner has no business running it.
Unorganized business
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 7, 2013
Collected mail, Sent out checks to vendors, create and fill out company expense reports, worked in shipping, filed paperwork
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
poor management, and no real training
I would compare the work environment to Google
Inbound Marketing/Web Team (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 28, 2012
In the marketing department a typical day is a stand up meeting to start the day off. If any of us have any issues or problems we all take time and help each other out before we move on to the next person. So, if you feel stuck, you know the next morning you will get help ASAP. Everyone is willing to chip in on a task and help their fellow team mate.

There are random taco parties, and occasional "Hack Days". Everyone makes you feel at home here, and welcome. The creative energy is rampant here. Just setting foot in this building will spark your creative juices.

I learned great project management here. My manager, is a very organized person, and is great at delegating, and helping out. He not only delegates, but he will also roll up his sleeves and get his hands dirty as well.

The hardest part would be the challenges everyday that I face in coming up with creative ways to market the company, but that is also the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
fun environment, great office culture
Cons
it is a long drive
Fast paced and fun place to work
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 27, 2012
This is a really fun place to work. I got to work on different stuff all the time which allowed me to learn a lot and kept me from getting bored! A lot of the employees are very knowledgeable, friendly, and don't mind sharing information. It is a smaller company so if you work hard and excel there is room for career growth.

Sometimes it got hectic trying to work on a lot of projects going on at the same time but that would be one of my few complaints.
Cool products, progressive management
Marketing Specialisst (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 27, 2012
Good people to work with. Very interesting products and new technologies. This company is growing and is experiencing the challenges that accompany fast growth. The right candidate, an experienced self-starter, can really make an impact within the organization. Management is open to great ideas.
Pros
great products. great people.
Cons
unrefined processes.
Over all good
Document Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 28, 2012
Many facet's of manufacturing and procedures, with FAA and other aspects, also working in purchasing for the production floor and expediting.
has potential for growing, weak management
Electronics Technician II (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 27, 2012
The job was truly interesting and kept you motivated. Assignments were given each week and you worked without supervision. The lack of professional supervision made it difficult to utilize your time efficiently. The lack of experienced managementcrippled the company from being successful in the marketing arena
A great place to work
Bench Technician (Former Employee) –  Alpharreta, GAApril 5, 2012
I built a variety of entertainment equipment for aircraft. Programmed CPU with moving map display and tested completed CPU using navigational simulator.
Pros
challenging, fast paced, room to grow as an individual within the company
Cons
long commute

Want to know more about Flight Display Systems?

Ask a question