Flight Systems Electronics Group Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Engaging workplace with opportunities to grow
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lewisberry, PASeptember 17, 2016
Multi level work environment where projects developed through the engineering team are implemented on the shop floor. Instant feedback provides important insights on effect of engineering design and allows for optimization. Freedom to develop innovative solutions is given to the engineering team.
No job Security
Bench Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewisberry, PAFebruary 19, 2016
Overall a good place to work and grow. But very unorganized and bad management. the business lost a order and I got laid off with in a year of working at flight.
Very driven company with promise.
Operations New Build Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Lewisberry, PANovember 11, 2015
Company that is very driven to create re manufactured and new parts for vehicles. There can be management issues at times but overall the company has the right idea they just need to make sure to stick to the plan.
Pros
Friendly environment, Green company
Cons
Short breaks, Low pay-rate for job type
Not a Bad Place
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Lewisberry, PAApril 11, 2015
The pay is sad and the physical environment is grungy. However, most people on the floor are friendly, care about their work, and do a fantastic job. I could unfortunately never imagine retiring from this place (especially because layoffs are so frequent that the very idea of job security is a joke). If you're just looking for an introduction to manufacturing and production to build your electronics skills, this is a decent place to do so.
Pros
health programs, retirement benefits, hours
Cons
low pay, job security, cleanliness
People are friendly and supportive
Electronics technician (Current Employee) –  Lewisberry, PAMarch 20, 2015
I walk into work with a positive attitude.
Get to my assigned bench, continue troubleshooting the unit I was working on the previous day . I am focusing on the task at had trying to repair a forklift unit . I learn something new everyday, weather it's getting trained on a different product or finding different ways to troubleshoot common problems. My co workers are very supportive, if there is an issue that I can't troubleshoot on my own, we tend to brainstorm together to improve production as well as quality....
Pros
friendly envirnment
Cons
compensation
A good place to learn and opportunities to advance
QA Tech / Supplier Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewisberry, PAMarch 10, 2014
FSEG is a good place to work and learn. I met many good people there and have become friends with a few outside of the workplace.
Pros
Opportunity to learn, improve and grow
Cons
Unexpected slow downs and layoffs
Flight Systems is a great starter company for entry level technicians
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Lewisberry, PAJuly 17, 2013
A typical day at Flight Systems starts with me arriving at 3:30pm and going straight to my desk to put on my safety glasses and ESD straps. I usually report to my supervisor immediately to get a report on anything out of the ordinary for the work day. My supervisor is very good and makes sure I have all of the tools I need to complete my job. I then sit at my bench for most of the day fixing various golf cart controllers that we have orders for, or that need done to fill up inventory. The hardest part of my job is working on extremely "hard fixes" that we have limited schematics and layouts to refer to. The most enjoyable part of my day is communicating with my supervisor and co-workers regarding ways to improve out newly added department. I am also on an Orientation team due to my ability to be extremely flexible and communicate well with others.
Pros
holiday pay, cheap benefits, 401k
Cons
salary, work environment, layoffs
Re-manufacturing automotive parts provides a secure business
Network/Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lewisberry, PAFebruary 12, 2012
Re-manufacturing automotive parts is a reliable business because its demand will always be there. Typically the big 3 auto manufactures are their major customers which could influence sales.

Want to know more about Flight Systems Electronics Group?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flight Systems Electronics Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Flight Systems Electronics Group Reviews by Location