FlightSafety International Employee Reviews

Fast pace and great learning experience
Lead Flight Instructor, SAT (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLNovember 17, 2017
Good training for structure required for safe operations in flight and in aviation in general.
Pay is low but fair when weighed against the name recognition for Flight safety within the industry, The benefits offered are some of the best in the industry and counter the low hourly rate.
An Amazing work environment
Purchasing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKOctober 3, 2017
I worked at flightsafety for 8 years. I resigned from my position. it's my mistake I should have stayed but you live and you learn from your mistakes.
Pros
hours
Cons
pay
Night shift had little training
Technician I (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXSeptember 8, 2017
I was set up for failure by the co-worker whom knew I could surpass his skills with the equipment. I was trained in BROKEN ARROW, OK, and what they schooled was not what was enforced at the facility.
Pros
free flight time in simulator
Cons
long hours.
Wonderful Place to Work
Customer Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  KansasAugust 28, 2017
Great work culture, easy upward movement and managers that actively care about their employees. Free lunches twice a week with Roth 401k. Most employees need a pilots license to perform duties.
Professional
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2017
I had a very good experience working for this company. Everyone there was very nice to work with on a daily basis. In hindsight, I wish I had continued working there.
Pros
Solid company with some room for advancement
Cons
Not really
Fast pace professional place to work, could use improvement on employee retention
Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXJuly 30, 2017
Very, very fast paced high stress job. Lots to learn. Frequent change of management and employees.
Fun competitions and events from time to time. Lots of fun.
Pros
Nice cafeteria, Clean environment, Excellent training for clients
Cons
Very cold, Micro managed, Unvalued employees
Stable
Operation Duty Officer (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJuly 16, 2017
Stable company to be able to start your aviation career with. Knowledgeable aviation individuals that are willing to share and help develope a young aviation mind.
Great place to work!
Deskside Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 3, 2017
The Team is extremely professional. They respect each other's opinions and work very well together. In a typical day, I am working very closely with the team to ensure their computers and other technology are performing optimally. I've learned a great deal about how pilots are certified. The most enjoyable part of the job is collaborating with subject matter experts on the proprietary aspects of the company.

Overall, I feel this is a great place to work!
Pros
Autonomous environment
Cons
Limited support for proprietary software
Conservative but familial environment
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 23, 2017
Enjoy the aviation environment. Not many chances for advancement.
Long term workers there. Center Manager making an effort which is appreciated. Not everyone compensated fairly.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Low vacation day accural
Innovation Was the Key
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJune 6, 2017
I was privileged to help grow FlightSafety International's Simulation Division from a small, almost "garage shop" operation into a world class design and manufacturing facility.
Pros
Working with talented and creative people to create state of the art simulation equipment.
Cons
Managment "Fad of the Month" mentality.
Fun work place
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 13, 2017
Awsome place to start but not to move forward. I have enjoyed my time there but not sure if it's a good career move. To many uncertainties with management direction and company direction.
great family-type company to work for
Aviation Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 14, 2017
Work days are very busy, as policies are always changing. I have learned many things about aviation that I never knew before. Management was absolutely wonderful when I first started. the culture is very family-oriented. The most challenging part was understanding all the different policies for different aircrafts. I most enjoyed my co-workers. They made coming to work easy and fun.
A good company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 9, 2017
A good company to work for. Great technology and a focus on aviation safety by building equipment used in training pilots.
Pros
Company mission
Horrible place to work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Only as a stepping stone for a pilot who is between Jobs! If your work at Flight safety as a instructor you will work long hours, back side of clock, poor support to accomplish your job and low pay.
Pros
money is enough till you can find another job
Cons
see the review
No advancement within the company
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJanuary 10, 2017
Any tools you need you have to purchase/provide yourself.
There is no rush to complete task, a lot of not working going on.
Benefits include a lot of paid holidays, and good insurance.
Pros
Good Insurance
Cons
Low pay, must buy all your tools
A Unique Experience
Instructional Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 6, 2017
The work was not hard and there was the opportunity to learn something new about aviation every day, not always something you needed to learn but interesting. There was always work to be done and it seemed like everyone was truly nice and fun to work with, always willing to help out.
While not always particularly interesting work there is an element of necessity that helps the job feel like it makes a difference.
I noticed that there wasn't always great project management and tasks could get bogged down and bloated by constantly adding project stakeholders or not exercising scope control.
Pros
Amazing people, flexible hours, lots of free food, easy work if you have the skills, always something going on
Cons
Lack of orientation process, lots of red tape, hit or miss communication between departments and centers, very old school management
Get experience and run
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 18, 2016
A good company to get your foot in the door of the training industry. Climbing through the ranks can be difficult if not impossible. Learn as much as you can and look for opportunities outside the company.
Great environment
Software Engineer V (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 17, 2016
Management listens and cares about employees.
Good collaborative atmosphere, relaxed yet productive.
Smartest team I have worked with.
Good work/life balance.
Administration sucks!!
Administration (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach FloridaOctober 28, 2016
Great place to meet new people from across the world. Besides that they treat their employees with no compassion. All they care about is money. They are liars when it comes to graduation dates. They cut corners when contracts are almost up as to whereas they will start "passing" students just to meet deadlines. Poor students aren't even fully trained and are rushed through the courses.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Unprofessional Bias opinions, Over work and under paid, scheduling position is the worse at the Vero Beach flight safety, no one lasts more than a few weeks
Dull place to work with little pay and no advancement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  East Elmhurst, NYOctober 18, 2016
Great co-workers, everyone is very friendly and willing to contribute. Free pizza here and there,lots of candy, Pingpong table, full table of breakfast and coffee everyday. Everything is great minus the fact there aren't any windows, and the bathrooms looks like your great grandma's living room. Plus the pay sucks, there aren't too many raises and this is a multi-billion dollar company. Very hard to go up the social ladder unless you are patient and have the skills when opportunities open.
Pros
Free breakfast, lots of candy, Great people
Cons
No windows, Grey walls, Hard to advance, Low pay