Flint Group

Flint Group Employer Reviews

Student Intern
Student Intern (Former Employee), Huntington, WVApril 8, 2014
Worked alone under some supervision on a project intended to create a new ink product for Flint Group
Performed complex nitrations.
Great secure job. close family type enviroment
Production Worker (Former Employee), North Kansas City MoApril 5, 2014
Was a great job wish I still worked there. management was great.co-workers were like family.
Working as a tri-lingual desktop specialist
TRI-LINGUAL DESKTOP SUPPORT SPECIALIST (L1 & L2) (Current Employee), Plymouth, MIMarch 5, 2014
Pros: learning new things every day, being constantly busy and not bored, good salary
Cons: micro managing to the point where you don't feel appreciated
A typical day at work involves supporting at least 3 different countries in Latin America with problem tickets and work requests (examples are computer re-images and new user set up)
I learned that in order to perform this job well I need to have lots of patience, because not every single user has the same knowledge when it comes to computers.
My supervisor – more... and I have a very close working relationship and he is always available to guide me in the right direction when needed. He also knows I go above and beyond my way to help him and users.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with micro management from upper management and sometimes taking me for granted.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to learn a new thing every day. – less
Great Organization in a Tough Competing Market
Quality Manager & Environmental Manager (Current Employee), Three Rivers, MIMarch 3, 2014
Pros: compensation and benefits
Great Organization with world-wide focus in a market that is tough to compete.
Flint Group was a better company to work for when it was owned by the Flint Family
Director of Operations/ Operations Mgr. (Former Employee), Plymouth, MIJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: too many to list.
The Executive management team at Flint Group does not care about the Employees, they only care about themselves.
a productive place to work.
Commercial Printing Department (Spreader) (Former Employee), Arden, NCDecember 9, 2013
Pros: good pay and benifits.
Cons: unsafe breathing enviroment, bad saftey record.
A typical day a flint was the exact same every single day. I would load a blanket spreading machine and proceed to spread liquefied plastics on a fabric. When finished I would inspect for quality and remove blanket from machine and start the process over. Usually I could finish two blankets a day.

I learned responsibility for my work, and the importance – more... to always strive for improvement. I also learned how to schedule work for the rest of the crew and the importance of the environment for safety.

Management were very stressed and constantly under pressure to do more and more.

Most co-worker were hard workers and very friendly and approachable.

Hardest part of the job was the danger involved. We worked with machine with quite a few pinch points and the air was dangerous in my opinion. Also we were told on many occasions that working there was and should be more important that anything.

Enjoyable part was we always stayed busy. – less
Challenging work environmen
Shipping and receiving (Current Employee), Three Rivers, MichiganSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: challenging work environment
Cons: occasional slow days
A normal day begins with getting orders to pull for shipping and determining whether the product was to go by truck line or UPS. We would complete the truck orders first, because there is more involved then if shipping by UPS. We learned how to manage our time by doing it his way and became more productive and efficient.

There are three people working – more... in my department and we would always help one another if the need arose. There was no downside to the job, because there was always something different being shipped and the quantities never the same from day to day. – less
Horrible
Shipping (Current Employee), Batavia, ILAugust 4, 2013
Everyone is miserable
They keep shutting down plants and piling more work on us with no extra help
Very good experience for being a good leader and safe and productive person.
Ink Mixer / forklift operator (Former Employee), Lebanon, OHJuly 1, 2013
I got to work plenty of overtime and got experience leading others,multitasking while solving problems and finding ways to make things safer and more productive.
Pretty nice place to work.
Manufacturing Process Operator (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 10, 2013
Small but friendly place to work. If you want me to type more then you should give me an exact number of letters to type and not force me to guess what you want from me.
It's just an awesome place to work
batch weigher (Former Employee), Erlanger, KYMay 28, 2013
Pros: everything!
Cons: none!
I love this place! I get goosebumps every time I walk through the door. There's a wonderful group of people who work there. It's just like one big family.
Only if you need a job
Professional (Former Employee), AmericaMarch 12, 2013
Pros: you don't have to deal with headquarters in germany every day, because they really don't want to deal with you.
Cons: when you do deal with hq, you ask yourself, can i quit yet?
A company that does their best to make professionals feel un-professional and unempowered. A company run from German headquarters,giving little support to U.S. operations, yet having such a controlling attitude that they cannot bear the thought of U.S. operations implementing an independent idea. No performance evaluations. No reward for independent – more... thinking. Go along to get along. Suffocating and demeaning culture, unless you are from Germany. – less
good company,poor management
Lab Manager (Current Employee), houstonMarch 10, 2013
Pros: hour lunch, good health care
Cons: management
busy, must multi- task,supervisor very political,some workers feel entitled,learned alot about colors and printing,lab work
Slow industry, but friendly co-workers.
Cad Operator (Current Employee), Rockland, MAFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: close to home. can be flexible to personal situations.
Cons: with declining business, little or no compensation or advancement.
This organization is in the printing industry, thus business has been declining steadily over the past few years. Usually a friendly atmosphere, can be somewhat hectic when busy due to lack of personel. Yet, headquarters refuses to hire, to stay within budget.
great place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: good company to work for
Cons: hours at night away from family
great place to work, safety first, management very considerate of workers needs, hardest part of job was being away from family at night.
Became a work place where you have to be friend with management to advance
Wastewater Operator (Former Employee), Anniston, ALDecember 18, 2012
Pros: benifits
Cons: management
treating waste water. learn about different chemicals used in the process. Co workers was great. Keeping the press going was the hardest part.
To many hours
Batch weigher (Former Employee), Erlanger, KYOctober 1, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: to many hr
Good Pay
package
ship
Flint Group
Office Manager - Mother Plant (Former Employee), Lebanon, OHAugust 20, 2012
Never a boring day working here always some crisis to handle some customer wanting something different, I learned a lot about thinking outside the box and being able to express my concerns or ideas without any backlash. Loved working with the people however some can get in the way.
Not a good company to work for.
Director Employee Training and Development (Former Employee), Plymouth, MIJune 6, 2012
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: can't be trusted
Not a company I would recommend for employment.
Management more interested in their well being.
work
doubler flintgroup (Former Employee), dundeeDecember 19, 2012
Pros: good workmates
Cons: long hours
have to learn new things and skills in work place co workers were good to work with in team and also liked to work alone. i enjoyed my job at the company