Flint Employee Reviews

Friendly team, freedom to work from anywhere but really demanding
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoDecember 7, 2016
The job is pretty good in that it's remote. You have the freedom to work from anywhere you want. You do have to be available in the SF timezone regardless though.

There are times when the pressure is low and everyone's happy but sometimes you have to be up till 2 AM fixing something because the deadline for demo is tomorrow morning.
Pros
Remote, Friendly Team
Cons
No benefits, really demanding
Great People Work Here
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Annniston, ALOctober 24, 2016
I had some amazing experiences and made great friends with some talented people who work here.

The great amount of change that the company has gone through in a small amount of time has challenged many who work here.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
lacking organization
Declining industry
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 19, 2016
Cost cutting measures are being taken place across the board within Flint Group due to declining industry. Cost cutting measures the main reason the proper tools and supplies are not provided to do a job.
Pros
Decent Benefits
Cons
Longstressful hours
Inky with Flint
Honest (Current Employee) –  Erlanger, KYAugust 15, 2016
I never knew anything about ink prior to working at Flint. Everyday was a challenging day due to meeting requirements on time extreme weather conditions all while being safe. I am the only woman in the production area and I learned just as quickly as the men. My co-workers are easy to work with because we work as a team.
Pros
paid time to clean ink off your body
Cons
short breaks
Safety team worked great together, worked hard and had fun doing it.
EHS Supervisor of Administration (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 15, 2015
A typical day was often very busy, we strived to provide outstanding customer service to the districts within the company and clients outside the company. I learned that you can have some fun while getting your job done in a professional and timely manner. The reports that were generated from the safety team had to be accurate as well as timely. The management behind me was supportive and very approachable. The hardest part of the job was getting the same commitment from other departments within the company. The most enjoyable part of my job were the people that I work with on a daily basis.
Pros
Flex Time
great environment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 2, 2015
Flint is a great place to live and work and I enjoyed my experience there. I learned alot gained alot of skills while in school and in the workforce.
I experience problems in their hiring practices
Career Counselor (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 17, 2015
Job security was difficult to maintain due to poor hiring practices. The work environment was positive with students . Getting enough hours was also a problem.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Management hiring practices.
Good place to work if they were mor organized
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flint MiOctober 22, 2014
I liked my job but the one draw back was that they were not very organized.
Pros
...
Cons
...
The people at Flint- Dallas have created a good family enviroment.
Warehouse/Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 12, 2014
Flint- Dallas has many good people and are self motivated to ensure the customer gets the product needed and get it correctly
Fun Job
Independent Sales Representative / Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 31, 2013
Commission based, Fun job, hard to advance, great clients. Easy work loads.
Pros
Great Customers
Cons
Very hard to advance.
Data Entry Clerk
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2013
Great work environment team player experienced a lot of hands on experience input data in computer as we received and ship products.
maintenance and sewing machine operations
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Metter, GASeptember 18, 2013
sew fabric for environmental purposes. Maintained machines. management wasn't there much, coworkers were alright some more enjoyable than others. hardest part of the job unrolling fabric in the heat.
Great Experience
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  FlintJuly 10, 2013
Everyday was very different and hard for it to get old. I stayed very busy but I loved it because I love helping people.
Very Good.
Senior Graphic Technician 1/Manager  (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 15, 2013
Typical day with Flint- very busy, hands on with all depts. Stayed ahead with job's at hand with info from said depts. Management were knowledgable and willing to work out any fast and much needed strategic moves to complete all job's. The hardest part and the most enjoyable parts were the competition on finding information and the why's and how's of fixing problems at hand, and and doing so, we were able to have a consistent flow throughout the shop.
productively fun
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Low Mountain, AZApril 23, 2013
woke up early to get the job done by the end of the day. learned many things, such as maintaining workplaces, my body, and communication skills...management was friendly and kind, co-workers were nice and polite. the most enjoyable part of the job was the hardest part of the job, learning new exp.
I love shoes so I loved it there
Cashier - Payless Shoe (Former Employee) –  Flint,MIFebruary 19, 2013
Cashier,so the typical day was customer service and stocking merchandise for the next day.
Pros
shoes
Cons
not enough hours
Thay house was mine
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 16, 2012
I would go over to there house ask how are thay doing today we talk a little and thay tell me what thay would like for me too do on that day one day I might have to give one a bath and do thay hair or go shoping, cook ,wash the clothes ,pay bills and I would take them out with me and thay would love it. I would cook dinner at my house and have them over. there was no hard part about my job be couse I love what I was doing . I LEARNED HOW TO HAVE PATIENCE AND TIME .And me as a person took so much with me the love that was there understanding wisdom
Pros
i feel in love with the people i work with
Cons
ther was no cons about it
Flint/Genesee Job Corps
Computer Technology Trainee (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 1, 2012
This center is where i completed my first trade, computer technology. Again, the staff was awesome and all of my needs were taken care of since i was a residental student
the work place, where i have worked in the past was some times boring and fun.
Health Occupation (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 15, 2012
It was fun at times but then again very boring. we had a tone of work clients to put in. But other then that i enjoyed myself every day the i went to work, meeting new people was great. The co-workers where very nice and friendly. And the management was very good. The hardest part of the job was doing the clients next door and the book work. The most enjoyable day of the job was getting payed and going home at the end of a hard working day.
Pros
lunches where free.
Cons
health care was the best.