Flix Brewhouse Employee Reviews

low paid for hard work
Runner (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 6, 2017
Was a very good experience, very fast pace. Was a lot of work for not much money. Runners only got $4.50 plus part of the tips from severs which for the amount of work runners did wasn't much.
Great Environment with amazing culture!
Server Trainer/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXNovember 29, 2017
Flix Brewhouse is a very fun environment that can be incredibly fast paced (star wars season) but that lends to a strong team environment. I have never worked for a company where I felt such a loyalty to the team and essentially the family that we have. We take care of each other and support each other in the good and easy times and the challenging moments. I have had the opportunity to come in and learn a vast amount about customer service, operations, beer and culture. We engage in many activities that keep us functioning well as a team, including company gatherings and volunteer opportunities. Our management team is pretty open to hearing the ideas of the team and then looking to support us. Some days can be slow, but this really gives you the opportunity to fine tune some of your skills. I would say that serving for flix brewhouse is different that other serving jobs but it is also very fast paced!
Pros
Free Shift Beer, Free Movies, Discount on Food, Heathcare, Great Family Friendly Culture
Cons
Long Shifts, Erratic Break Schedules, Sometimes High Stress
Fun Place to Work
Server (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 10, 2017
Flix definitely is the most fun place I've ever worked. I have lots of friends at work, and it's fun that we all get to see free movies together. Busy times are busier than any other place I've ever been, and it isn't for everyone, but it does make for a close knit work environment. Everyone can sign up for 401K matching and insurance, but the part-time insurance isn't as good as the full-time insurance. Slow times when there aren't any good movies out can be painfully so, and you have to budget or have a second job.
Next year they are basically doubling in size as a company so lots of people are getting promoted or have the opportunity to be promoted to managers and trainers.
Pros
Free Movies. Free food. Discounts. Early Showings. Good money when it's busy.
Cons
Long hours. Slow times you don't make much money.
Ambiente de trabajo divertido
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 10, 2017
Un dia de trabajo comun seria preparar las rectas, mantener la cocina limpia.
La parte mas dificil del trabajo muchas veces era lidiar con personas que no sabian nada acerca de la preparacion y nos hacian retrasar en el trabajo
Pros
seguro medico
Flix
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 25, 2017
I love my job, however i can maintain more than one so im searching for one more! I am a single mother of two children needing more income due to the upcoming holidays! I enjoy workimg as a server. Its easy and pretty much what i do on the daily. I clean and take care of my loving people everyday, its actual what i want to invest my life in!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Could be fun , management doesnt allow
Kitchen Supervisor/Cook (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 15, 2017
Poor management, short hours , favoritism, racists, little to no praise for a great job done.no Proper rotation in product ,overstocking of refrigerators ,produce in the refrigerator's too long, no organization, cleanliness at a bare minimum.
Pros
Free movies, and one free shift beer, after shift
Cons
No chance to advance and if so thwn only to use you and let you go, no individualism allowed.
I loved this job
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 26, 2017
I thought working here was a great experience for me as a young professional. They taught me a lot about working in a kitchen and they were very good at training me. When I got there I knew very little about working in a kitchen, but they very patiently taught me everything from chopping herbs to using a deli slicer. My coworkers are awesome and this place had an amazing kitchen team. The hardest part of this job was the rushes of hundreds of people non stop, but I had plenty of help always and it was never that bad. It actually gave me a sense of accomplishment afterwards. The most enjoyable part was how nice everyone was. The management is respectable and they do an amazing job. A typical day here meant doing prep, then usually going through the rushes, then finally at the end of the night we do a very thorough cleaning of the kitchen.
Pros
shift meal, shift beer, free movies, employee pre-screenings, employee events, flix bucks, collectable pins, beer mugs
Fun work environment
server/runner (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJuly 24, 2017
I would come in during the morning and get the movie theaters prepared for action. Then, I would go into the kitchen and help the cooks get everything prepared. I really enjoyed learning about the brewing process.
Stressful and Management treats employees like garbage
Trainer/Server (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 29, 2017
You will work more than 12 hrs a day. There is room for advancement but you might be waiting a few years for it to happen. The pay is great for a temporary job but if you are in school or have a family I highly advise looking elsewhere.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Horrible Lifestyle and care for employees
Flix Fam
Box Office Cashier (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 25, 2017
Very tight-knit, family feel between Team Members. Management is generally compassionate and understanding. Guests truly enjoy the experience, and are a delight to work for.
Pros
Free movies, food discount, free shift beer, wonderful insurance.
Cons
Business is VERY up and down.
fun environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 17, 2017
Flix is a very fast paced environment. Company expects way more out of employees then they pay. Fun environment to work in. Gain multitasking skills if you lack in that area
Pros
free movies
Cons
low pay ratee
Productive and hard work place
Runner/Server (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 23, 2017
The idea of flix brew house is great. It was a fun experience, meeting new people learning new things. This company still has some important but overall it's a great place to work.
Stressful and not always worth it
Server (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 21, 2017
This job was VERY stressful. It goes from fast-paced to doing absolutely nothing. It's worse than regular serving jobs because there's no way for you to just pick up a few extra tables when they come in- you have to pick up an entire theater or someone's rows and just hope you get some people or don't get screwed over with too many people at once. The hours are also awful. You typically work 8 hours minimum and if you don't put in that you want some days off, you will be working every single day until you say something. The management is also very back and forth. There's a few good ones but some definitely play favorites and it's very political. If the manager in charge of your theater for the day doesn't like you, you're not going to get good rows. You just have to hope they're in a good mood and you're on their good side. The favorites get away with anything and everything. You also rarely get a break, and if you do, it's not 30 minutes. The technology is horrible- the tablets are buggy and always freezing and there's a million ways for the system to crash. The runners are also overworked, the bar doesn't make enough money a lot of the time. Servers also make server wage, which is 2.15 on the Westside. There's chances to move up and make 5.15 but you really have to be a favorite to have that chance, and once you are, expect to close literally every single night (closing in anywhere from 12-2 AM). The benefits are awesome and the money is good when it's there, but I feel like you can work in plenty of other serving jobs that pay 5.15 server wage and you make more in a shorter  more... amount of time.  less
Pros
50% discount, health insurance plans, overtime availability, hours, free beer, free movies, 20% discount when you come in
Cons
short or no breaks, management, hours, wage
Tarible
Drink/ food runner (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 27, 2017
This place was so bad. they gave you a clear start time but didn't give you a clear off time. they cut people and sent them home when they had only been there 20min, but kept people that had been there for hours. they didnt always tell you they were letting you go they just didnt scedual you.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
fun
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMarch 13, 2017
A very fun workplace with lots of great coworkers. It is very fasted paced and very busy on the weekends. They do a lot of employee get together and movie showings
Productive work environment, always on the go.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 22, 2017
There is always something to do at this job, set up the theater. Greet guest, get food and drinks, follow up with the customer to see if they recievec everything that they ordered. Clean up the theatre when the movie is over, the reset the theatre and do all over again.
Former Employee
Host/Runner (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 9, 2016
as a former employee i can say that my general manager is no longer there & neither is the most of the managers i worked with but the company keeps changing policies everyday there is no handbooks because it changes day to day. Work life and home life probably has gotten better but still you couldn't have a home life because you'd get off work for 8 hrs or so and have to go right back to work,breaks there was hardly anytime you'd get a break even a short 15 min break or anything but the most worst manager is tiarra who is the most rudest,nastiest person alive. i wouldn't recommend a dead corpse to work there.
Pros
Free movies once a week
Cons
Bad Management & Owner
Fun place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INOctober 25, 2016
The job is fun, but there isn't really any room for advancement. Management doesn't keep their word on the position you will be in.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
low pay for the work
Fun Place To Work
Line Cook / Lead /Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 24, 2016
It's a fun place to work if you love movies beer and food what I have learn is a little management skills, coworkers are great
Fun environment, great staff- like a family to me
Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 9, 2016
A typical day at Flix Brewhouse would entail, walking in, first going into the managers office, printing out a labor card to find out what movies are playing and at what times, who is working and where they are going to be put for the day (like at a normal restaurant, servers would have sections, however at Flix, servers have theaters and rows in the theaters for their sections).
After this, we have a quick manager meeting to discuss how things will play out, where managers will be, a quick game plan, if you will, then we will have pre-shift with our servers in our "set theaters".
What I learned in my time there was that I was better than I always thought I was and that I gave myself credit for. In the short amount of time I was there, I was promoted 4 times. I started off as a runner, and within weeks was promoted to server, then to trainer, traveling trainer, then finally to the management team. I also learned how to become a better leader for others during my time at Flix Brewhouse. Which was one of the most enjoyable parts of my experiences there, aside from my team, I absolutely adored the people I worked with. I was able to mentor and watch people grow and be a leader for so many, It was truly a new an amazing experience for me, and it is something I would really love to do again.
Pros
Fun environment, free food
Cons
Very little downtime, long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flix Brewhouse. Our community is ready to answer.