Floor and Decor

Floor and Decor Employee Reviews

Productive and constant working made the warehouse run smooth
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXMay 26, 2015
it was a good working environment and everybody got along which made things run smooth. a typical day would be a lot of load outs and a lot of hand loads, we would have to go and pull all the orders from the store to the back of the warehouse.
On the job training that you could make a career out of
Department Head / Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 16, 2015
A typical work day consisted of 6 to 8 hours. Customer service type of environment. The hardest part of the job was learning all the new type of materials used to install flooring *ie hardwood, ceramic tile & natural stone. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to become an interior decorator, tile installations and hardwood flooring.
Inconsistent
Employee (Current Employee), houstonMay 13, 2015
Management seems to change their minds too often, contradicting themselves on many policies. They tend to offer little to support for the staff, and are concerned with only their department, even if only one manager is on duty. Whats even worst, the hiring manager is a department manager, and somehow new employees are place in that department even though they didn't apply for a position there.
Floor and Decor
Pro Desk Sales (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 7, 2015
A good work environment with a chance for advancement . Able to work flexible hours . Management was very good. Almost all the workers were very friendly and helpful. The hardest part was the heavy lifting required with flooring material.
This place needs help
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee), Boynton Beach, FLMay 6, 2015
Pros: Good employees
Cons: Needs improvement
Its an okay job to have to pay the bills, but also not a place to consider a career. There is a ton of unappreciated employees solely based off of favoritism. If a change is done soon, that place wil be so much more profitable store along with be store morale.
Experience new things everyday
Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GaApril 27, 2015
A typical day of work consists of constant focus and multi-tasking, which aids me in learning more about our products we sell and how they work. The hardest part of my job is adapting to dealing with different personalities of the customers during a rush. The most enjoyable part of Floor & Decor is some of the people i've met and knowledge i've obtained.
Good working enviroment
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), Mesquite, TXApril 23, 2015
Pros: Opportunity for advancment
Cons: Volume of tasks with customers can be overwhelming
Requires attention to detail and physical ability. Ability to deal with multiple tasks and customers simultaneously is a must.
Floor and Decor is a good company
Assistant Department Manager (Current Employee), Woodbridge, VAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Good work load, balance schedules, good management, great CEO.
Cons: Special ordering is expensive, healthcare is okay
They are a good company to work for. They are rapidly growing and offer the best selection to customers. They're training is excellent and really grants employees the ability to grow and learn new things.
Fast Pace Job
CSA/Cashier (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLMarch 15, 2015
Pros: nice managers and some co-workers
Cons: horrible planning, stressful job, heavy lifting, angry customers and much more!!
Working at Floor & Decor is very tough! .. I have to be closed in box on registers dealing with many angry and grumpy customers in store and on the phone, have to lift many heavy boxes of tiles and wood to customers vehicles and deal with very unorganized schedules and lunch times.. if co-worker forgets their lunch i have to wait until they have their lunch even though it's my turn and iv'e been waiting brutal hours.. management are great people they are nice but they don't worry about they employees only the customers that have thousands of dollars in their pockets, i mean iv'e spoken many times about my schedule and they just don't put their minds into it ... i enjoy talking with some of my co-workers but sadly i'm gonna have to say Goodbye to this Job!
great place to work
sales (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 24, 2015
no 2 days ever the same. By far the best upper management I have ever dealt with. CEO is great. Very physical job but good place to work
fast paced job and everyone pretty awesome
Warehouse Worker/Driver (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: they are very flexible when it comes to scheduling
Cons: there are a few employees who are inadequate at performing their job duties
very fast-paced, I learned how to drive forklifts, the managers are very professional and still love to have fun, my co-workers are always ready to lend a helping hand, I do a lot of heavy lifting, I love working in flooring and my warehouse crew are really great people
Great associates, management needs work.
Assistant Deco Dept Manager (Current Employee), Aurora, ILFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere, love working here
Cons: no recognition for hard work and dedication
I give 110%, and am promised advancement and growth, Still only making lateral moves, low pay, and high premiums for benefits.
Fast pace and fun to work here
Department Manager (Current Employee), McDonough, GAFebruary 9, 2015
Being new to retail, the management team was great at focusing their time to ensure I learned my role as a manager. The most enjoyable part about the job was interaction with customers. I enjoyed informing customers of our products as well as learning from my residential customers and contractors.
Great Company to Work for especially if your in school
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Arlington, TXDecember 19, 2014
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: sub par management
When working at F&D it was an experience to say the least. I Enjoyed working with customers getting their product and designs if needed. Being my mother is an interior designer i know a lot about designing areas of the house. A Typical type of day for me was getting orders that come threw the printer in the back, pulling, picking, and properly staging them for pickup. I learned a lot about ceramic porcelain and wood flooring products and how they should be installed. I really enjoyed my co-workers there, Very Respectable and dependable. The hardest part about my job was when people on the floor slacked off on their work it made it harder for the warehouse associates being the last people(s) the customers come into contact with is us, Are management mostly were pretty lazy and a lot of them didn't know what they were doing and anyone underneath hem got blamed, Typically the warehouse staff. But the biggest thing i enjoyed were helping the customers to completion and seeing a smile on heir faces of knowing that i have done everything i could do to make their visit to F&D an great one. With hopes of seeing their faces again.
Work
Stone Specialist (Former Employee), arvada coloradoDecember 17, 2014
Pros: early hours done early
Cons: n/a
Fun daily job get to move around alot. Managment was very fun and laid back as long as everything was getting done.
Great Associates
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 10, 2014
Great Place to work if you have a supportive management team. Room for promotions and great learning experience. Training process needs improvement
Always stuck behind a small register counter even when store was empty, no room for advancement, very boring.
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Norco, CADecember 1, 2014
Pros: somewhat flexible schedule to accomodate kids school schedules
Cons: no room for advancement, no benefits.
On days I opened I would count in all four registers before the store opened. The remainder of the day was spent greeting customers, accurately ringing up customers for purchases/returns, placing special orders, and occasionally assisting other departments with "skewing" products needing to be shelved. On closing days it was different only in that I did not count the registers in but out, and did the proper count/change making for accurate deposit and deposit records. On occasion I was sent out to put fliers on peoples windshields.
I learned the computer programs for deposits and the procedure for accurately closing the store. The original management was kind and great with the employees, and the management who took his place was unfortunately very clicky with the female teenage employees.
The hardest part of the job was feeling so out of place with all the younger employees, but bringing in new customers because of how I handled their phone calls was a wonderful feeling. I had a lot of customer compliments and even one letter written to the company. Outstanding Customer Service is always my goal, and I really enjoyed so much positive feed back.
Ok workplace
Overnight Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 21, 2014
Management is horrible, the store manager doesn't know how to go about things. The supervisor for overnight is not up par
Productive and fun work place
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 3, 2014
Work place was fun and interactive. Management understands life outside of work and help to maintain the work life aspect. Advancement in the company is real easy and quick as long as your a good worker.
Was able to be free to help customers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Reno, NVSeptember 18, 2014
Customer service was a focus here the worst part of it was the lack of consistency from management

1 2 3

About Floor and Decor

Floor & Decor provides more choices than the big-box, retail mega-stores. And we offer it for less than what you would find – Read more

Floor and Decor Salaries