Floor and Decor Employee Reviews in United States

Underneath the surface...
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 10, 2016
Incredibly unethical management style. Why? Upper management's salaries and bonuses are based on maintaining low wages for the rest of the staff. Their products are mostly Chinese-made which has affected the local market; also "fake" porcelain and inferior stone products. In other words, US American companies have basically adopted Chinese-style economics: low-wages, substandard products and rich bosses.
Pros
Cons
Low wages, no life-work balance, management/employee "wall" exists
Worst place for advancement, part time work, and work life balance
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 11, 2016
The CEM of this company clearly has no clue what he's doing. All of the department managers are okay, but the CEM is untrained and arrogant. He threatens and harasses all of the staff when we don't do things his way, which are incorrect and technically against company policy. We have contacted corporate but they don't seem to want to do anything about it. We have been overworked, underpaid, had our hours cut to the point where the full time employees are getting no more than 25 hours a week and part timers work 3 hours a day. Many of the staff members have left, and the rest of us are considering going on strike. I've never hated a job so much.
Would not recommend
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 28, 2016
Although when i started at floor and decor i was very enthusiastic about the job. Two years later all i have is a 35 cent raise and am deeper in the hole. i would not recommend this job to anyone raising a family. if you are looking for a career keep looking Floor and Decor is a privately owned company who does not pay well. its only concern is the people on top. their job model is out dated as well as very oppressive i have never worked for a company who demands so much and gives so little. im sure within the next 10 to 15 years i may eat my words, but at this time am completely jaded by this company and all that it stands for.
Pros
there are none.
Cons
Management is a bunch of bullies.
different treatment with employees
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJuly 13, 2016
Typical day at the job consists of helping every customer with their needs. I've learned a lot of SKU's since mostly none scan! I also learned a lot about the material. The cons are that management don't take the correct action when there's a problem. They take forever to come when called, which makes customers really angry. CSA Supervisor is never up front seeing what's going on. Store manager curses a lot when there is huge returns. They also tend to let go of the good employees and keep the worse ones. If you're part time, they make you work full time without any benefits. Also, almost all employees call out and only some get away with it. Management treats everyone different, which makes this store unfair.
Pros
you get to interact with different people and learn about the material.
Cons
everyone gets treated differently
Horrible Job You Will Regret It
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJuly 12, 2016
Store Manager And Department Manager Are Not Truthful ...They Got Mind Games They Play...You Will Regret It.......Use You For There Benefit Trust Me I'm Smart And Intelligent. ...Karma Is Enjoying Thar Company. ..Most Evil Place You Can Work At...Try It For Month...
Pros
Use You For Your Intelligent
Cons
Horrible Evil Location
Bad store manager
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHAugust 21, 2016
The store used to be great until we got the current store manager. He's not a team player and doesn't care about the associates. All he cares about is his paycheck. He penalizes us when the store is not perfect and we have no staff to make sales and have a perfect store at the same time. The ratio is just not there. He needs to get out of the office and take control over his store and help us out every now and then when he knows we are in need of help. All the weight is falling on his department managers shoulders when they are already passed exaustion. They do their best to keep up store morale. By the way, rushing to get everything perfect before an executive walk is the worst. The store will never be perfect and corporate needs to see the problems we are facing every day. How can things be fixed when they don't see a problem? Overall a bad company to work for but hey, it is a job.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Bad store manager
Productive retail environment with room for growth.
Design Specialist (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILMay 11, 2016
Floor and Decor is a great retail store for tile, wood, and stone. Given my background in interior design and tile installation, I was able to assist customers in a way other employees could not. The company is ever expanding, and gives opportunity for employees to advance within, which is what I like about working for them.
Ok place to if you are certain age,gender.
warehouse specailist (Former Employee) –  Sugarland, TXApril 15, 2016
A typical day at work consist of consatant rebellion from co-workers who are not properly trainned in fast pace warehouse enviroment.The lack of experience and maturity makes the job difficult.Management do not properly support supervisors or leaders in the warehouse. I myself was pass over several times and outside personel were hire for positions that I quailified for without being givien appropiate reasons
I did learn a lot about how to give good and sound custmer service,and how to manage SOP's for the company.The most enjoyable part was seeing the smiles on the faces of satisfied customers and co-workers when task assigned comes out are done in a timely manor..
Pros
lots work, lots oppunity to learn retail
Cons
not enough people carryout assigned duties, low salary
Playing favorites
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 29, 2016
Worked at the Tucson location....loved my job when i first started ...but then higher up management started playing favorites...and letting employees milk the clock ...work thru lunch without clocking out ..giving out raises to employees that were lazy and didn't deserve them...but ignored employees that worked hard...wouldn't work here again..if I did it would have to have different management...sending letter to corporate ...
Pros
Loved the job and some coworkers...and all customers
Cons
They like to play favorites
Fun Workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 19, 2016
Loved working with the night crew at night and also the other employees there. Great atmosphere, positive energy. Management did not follow policies and fired people with out written paperwork for past mistakes. Let the females slide in disciplinary actions and fired the males on spot with or without write ups. Would not go back here for the management.

Want to know more about Floor and Decor?

Ask a question
Fast-paced, fun retail environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 9, 2016
Gained valuable management experience here and learned a great deal about leading a successful team. I handled all day-to-day store operations as well as providing excellent customer service. It did require some very long hours on occasion but all in all I enjoyed my time here.
High turnover, hidden agendas, everyone for themselves, cya
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2016
Unfair, overworked, under qualified mgmt teams ran the store I worked at. No work life balance, and very immature employees who do not deserve to continue working. Meanwhile hardworking employees get bashed on, questioned on integrity, and not paid to compensate the effort.
Horrible management
Interior Designer (Former Employee) –  Levittown, PAJanuary 11, 2016
I went to school for interior design and i would think that working at floor and decor would get me to the top as a designer with a bachelors degree. Its the worst place to work. Everytime i try to get design work done, management alway stop me to do something that a regular sells assocate can do. I don't get paid enough for someone who got a bachelors degree. Management don't treat their employees equally and i don't even feel like a designer no more. If you have your design degree and was considering working at this place, DON'T! Its not worth it and they dont appreciate your work. Its not a career. It's a regular pay job. Thats it
Pros
Same cool employee
Cons
Management and low pay
good job for someone starting A career
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 11, 2016
Working here was A good Life experience. I used all my warehouse skills nearly everyday. Shipping, receiving, order pulling, restocking, forklift operating, and inventory every day. Management was good, as well as the workers. I liked making the customers happy, but sometimes they were not by time they got to me.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
healthcare very high.
Great company
Management (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 11, 2016
Great company to work with, benefits and provides room for both personal and company growth and development. I have worked and grown with the company to management level.
Great job for hard workers
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 27, 2016
Loading and unloading trucks in a safe and secure manner, but also quick and efficiently. People are great, make work a great time!
Pros
Good hours, and good pay
Cons
hot in the summer
They dont care
Warehouse/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 15, 2016
I worked for floor and decor for 2 years and I learned they only care about them selves the pay sucks no raises no room for advancement not safe
Not bad, could be be better.
Certified Retail Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAJune 7, 2016
A typical day at work at Floor & Decor consists of helping customers pick tile, wood, and stone for their projects. It also consists of heavy lifting and heavy implementation of workplace politics to avoid being caught in a web of mess. However, I must say, I have learned a lot, considering that I knew nothing about wood, tile, stone, or installation prior to being hired here. There is a lot of useful information in this field, especially if you seek to be a future homeowner.

As far as co-workers go, I enjoy them. At times things can get a little catty, causing me to get a little distant, but they are good people generally. We also have friendly management there. They (most of them) know how to treat their employees and still get tasks done.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers and seeing new faces almost every day. The least enjoyable (and considerably the most difficult part) is flat-stacking and lifting heavy object consistently. On the bright side, it saves you a trip to the gym.
Pros
Nice people, good treatment from managers, rewards for good work, incentives
Cons
Occasional management slip ups, drama amongst employees
No management backbone
looking for employment (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXDecember 7, 2015
This company constantly advertises positions that the company manager can not fill. They led me on for over two months without a word on the status of the position. So, knowing that would you want to work in an environment that the leadership can not make moves without upper management pushing the button.
Productive, yet busy and hardworking.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLApril 4, 2016
This job is a hardworking job in which it requires giving it your all. Management and co-workers don't treat you like family.

2.8