Florence Crittenton Employee Reviews

Very stressful with very little appreciation or advancement opportunities
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 8, 2017
Management did not know or care to know about the employees. There was no appreciation shown or opportunities for advancement. Management was rude to employees and always acted like inquiries from employees was a bother. The environment was always very tense because of over worked employees. The floors were always short staffed which made it a very volatile situation because of the nature of the clients disorders.
Pros
Tried to encourage clients to continue education
Cons
Complete lack of involvement by management
rewarding and challanging work environment.
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Helena, MTAugust 1, 2017
Florence Crittenton has a way of pushing its employees and challenging them to learn things about themselves and others difficult to learn elsewhere. Here the drive is to provide a safe, caring, and encouraging environment for those struggling to find it else where. though this job can be emotionally challenging, the success of the clients can be a fulfilling reward.
Able to assist foster kids with personal issues
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMay 30, 2017
I would facilitate 3-4 daily groups for severely emotional disturbed adolescents who reside in a level 12 group home facility. Daily documentation was required.
Rewarding when a teenager improve their life.
Lead Behavior Health Technician (Former Employee) –  715 West Mariposa StreetMay 18, 2017
Pick clients up from school, attend DBT group. Assign chores and supervise outdoor activities. Essential Learning skills, Nonviolent Crisis Intervention. Culture is gender specific teen girls. Hardest part dealing with the disrespect of the teens. The most enjoyable is off site activities with clients.
Pros
When you help a teen through a difficult time.
Cons
The disrespect of teens when they do not want to comply with rules
Awesome
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 6, 2017
Great Place and Fair. Learned team building skills. Communication great. Difficult to leave clients when shift is over only difficult when passionate about position.

Seeing the girls overcome challenges and seeing their smiles, so rewarding priceless.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Seeing immediate gradification.
Every rewarding.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CANovember 25, 2016
My time at Crittenton Services for Children and Families, was spent in investing all that I can to be able to assist in a crisis. I spent some of my own resources to make activities for running my groups or to simply keep teaching and staying active with the clients. I learned to use my resources to be able to maintain a positive and safe unit.
Pros
Consistency, client and staff rapport, 10 hour shifts.
Cons
Crisis intervention may become very physical and you need to be open to getting hurt.
Productive focus driven workplace
Residential Ally (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 27, 2016
Great non profit for at-risk pregnant young women who come from various backgrounds. Florence Crittenton reaches out to help pregnant teens, ages 10-21, in South Carolina. Helping pregnant women with medical care, education, housing, parenting skills and counseling
Fun work place.
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 9, 2016
Don't really have any complaints about this job. A fun work environment. Also has great benefits and adequate staffing.
Excellent administrators, therapists and direct care staff.
Director of Residential Services (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 13, 2015
One of the best Level II Residential Treatment Centers in the State of Arizona.

Extremely qualified and dedicated staff.

Specific treatment for girls 12-18.
Pros
Comprehensive treatment and care.
Cons
Direct Care Staff turnover
Rewarding Job!
Youth Counselor (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 28, 2015
Florence Crittenton does amazing work with the youth of this generation. This job is very rewarding. Working with girls of all different types of background was challenging but well worth it!
Pros
Rewarding!
Cons
The hours were not compatible for a mother who has to get her kids to school or out of school.
Florence Crittenton - The Home of Putting Out Fires
Youth Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  PhoenixJune 24, 2015
While Florence Crittenton has an excellent mission statement and a potential for a really beneficial program for adolescent girls, it is currently under the management of individuals who specialize in putting out fires rather than creating solutions. Unfortunately, this beautiful campus is the home to a very negative culture. The staff on the campus are dedicated to the clients but are very rude and gossipy amongst each other, which at times creates a very negative and hostile environment. I believe that Florence Crittenton's intentions are well but they have not been executing well on all areas. There are giant staffing issues which seems to go continuously unresolved.

This is certainly an organization where you have to be willing to be flexible and constantly on the go. All positions on the residential side require significant interaction with the clients that they serve in addition to maintaining current and accurate documentation.

The most difficult part about working at Florence Crittenton is surviving the staff's gossip and rumors. If you are lucky enough to fly under the radar and not be a target, life for you at Flo Crit should be pleasant.

The best part about this job is knowing and seeing just how much you are assisting the clients that Flo Crit serves. Sure, there are challenging clients and days where you just want to clock out early and go home, but overall, the impact you make in these teenagers lives is by far the most rewarding and beneficial part of this job.
Pros
Free lunch for residential staff, assisting adolescent girls by teaching them new skills
Cons
No breaks, staff gossip, high turnover, having to put in more than 40 hours a week
The education of our young women in the community
Education/ Career Counselor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 26, 2015
I would start off by doing group sessions with the pregnant teens and facilitate how to not repeat previous behaviors. Explain how emotions can drive the behavior and cause havoc in their lives without control of the emotions. I learned there is a major disconnect because fathers are not actively involved in their children lives. I did not manage anyone just managed all group sessions. The hardest part of my job was being told by the Program Director not to give information to these young women on how to get assistance for child support; being the only male on a staff I was not allowed to interact with the girls without prior approval. The most enjoyable part was those young ladies became family to me. I was the closest thing to a father that most of them ever had. The talking and training them on new coping skills, gave me a sense of self gratification.
Pros
Educating young women on how to protect themselves
Cons
Being the only male on staff.
Volunteer at FloCritt
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 4, 2014
I loved helping teen moms by doing lots of paper works to send to the donors. I enjoyed helping FloCritt.
Pros
I loved everything.
Cons
It made me feel good inside to help teen moms.
Nice Maturnity Home for Pregnant and Parenting teenagers and adult women
Relief Worker (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 2, 2014
Nice and convenient, Maternity Home for Pregnant and Parenting teenagers and adult women.
Programming
Therapist/Clinical Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVDecember 26, 2013
Clinical Team Leader- Manage and supervise employees and departments
Facilitate individual, group and family therapy
Implement programming for therapy groups and employee and facility training
Facilitate employee training and mediation and mentoring
A good place to work!
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 19, 2013
A typical day at work consists of taking clients to various appointments as well as helping them stay focused on the activities of the day. Each client that is served in our house has their own specific needs that should be addressed. Each client has a service plan and my job is to help them reach those goals that have been outlined for them to learn while they are with us. I have learned a lot working at my job. I have learned a great deal in regards children who are in CPS, figuring out service plans and goals that are outlined for the clients, and making sure clients accomplish their goals that have been outlined in their service plans. I work with good people. We all have different levels of experience but it is a good balance. The hardest part of the job is when clients lash out when staff is trying to help them and they don't see that. The most enjoyable time is spending one on one time with clients and being able to get to know them better.
Florence Crittenton--Terrible place to work in Knoxville!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, tnJuly 15, 2013
The classroom size is overwhelming. There are no rules, guidelines, etc for these trouble young teens whom can curse and walk in and out of classrooms throughout the day. Principal will not be honest with you until they hire you on. If you can deal with a prison setting-witout the backup-this is your job. Beware!!
Level 2 needs to be like Level 3--behaviors out of control and Principal is aware of this and does nothing. This is a private company receiving state funding for this facility by the way.
Pros
Cons
No rules, guidelines, teacher safety, breaks, teens swearing & walking out of classrooms all day.
Making a Change in a Girls Life
Lead Behavior Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 25, 2013
Provide direct client care and supervision to adolescent girls, ages 10-18 (clients) in a residential group home setting as part of a treatment plan. Participate in therapeutic interaction,guidance, support and role modeling to residents while monitoring resident behavior according to program guidelines. Foster and create a positive relationships and communicate with team members, residents and resident families and visitors.
Pros
cafeteria prepared meals. not a group home. therapeutic residential setting
Cons
short breaks if any.
out of business
BHT (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 12, 2012
poorly ran and had to close doors. company is out of business
working with stafff and teenage girls in a theraputic setting
Lead Campus BHT (Behavioral Health Tech) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 11, 2012
Florence Crittenton is place that is willing to help troubled teenage girls to learn indepandant skills and to give them a second chance in life