FLORIDA'S BLOOD CENTERS Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible
Team Leader for Mobile Blood Units (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 23, 2014
Worst place I was ever employed. No team work, management worked against you. No one listened to new ideas and thoughts on how to better serve donors. Training was terrible, no patience and expected you to just learn everything in a short time.
Terrible.
Productive company to work for
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJuly 28, 2014
Typical day, you come in clock in retrieve your trip report, obtain all your supplies that you need for that day for your assigned bus. Check your mobile to see if everything was available and everything was in working condition assigning each member on my team a task to carry throughout the day. I've learned that everyone is different in they're own way and you have to accept it and learn to work around it. Management was great but needed consistency. I am a people person so I got along with all my co-workers. The hardest part about my job was leaving, me being laid off. Most enjoyable part of my job is making a difference and making people smile.
Pros
growth within the company
Cons
tuition reinbursement
Love this job
Apheresis Technologist (Phlebotomist) (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 27, 2014
This was my most favorite place to work, although long hours you learn alot and there is so many things to do.
Diversity
Donor Services/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lake Park, FLJuly 17, 2014
This particular branch i worked in was very segregated, even though i loved my job management should treat all the employees as equals.
Loved the donors
Donor Advocacy Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 17, 2014
Self satisfying job, doing good for the community.
It is very rewarding to know that my job saves lives!
benefits
Cons
management
Professional office environment. Diversity of job funcitons day-to-day & even hour-to-hour.
Incentives Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 10, 2014
Stimulating job with many functions from telephone customer service to data entry to investigating donor (customer) accounts using many databases & even paperwork. Also, required multi-tasking for mass donor mail-outs including letters & incentives (i.e. gift cards).
a professional work environment with a serious purpose to save lifes
Components Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 30, 2013
excellent atmosphere and smooth interactions with all staff members. The daily activities challenge continuing improvements and education.
Pros
opportunity to advance
Cons
exposure to low temperatures in certain clinical areas
Proud to work for a company that saves lives. Wonderful co-workers and donors.
Donor Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 24, 2013
I loved meeting new donors and seeing all our regular donors.

All my co-workers were very hard working people.

It was great to get out and travel around to different places to collect blood on the blood mobile.

My branch manager was the best.

The hardest part of the job was the hours we sometimes had to put in.

I learned a lot about dealing with people and how to be a better Phlebotomist.

A typical day at work would start with getting supplies and loading them on the blood mobile, driving to the drive site, setting up the bus to except donors, greeting donors, registering donors, screening donors for eligibility, drawing blood from donors and inputting all their information into the computer after the donation is done.
Pros
being out in the community.
Cons
the work hours sometimes.
Fun and educational
Donor Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLApril 25, 2013
I enjoyed working on the mobile unit. Typical day was loading the bus, setting up for donors and engaging in good conversations with the donors. Center management was very good. Most co-workers were fun, professional and dependable. There really was no hard part to the job. Irregular schedules could sometimes be hard. The most enjoyable part was going to different places everyday and always meeting new people.
Pros
good benefits, sometimes free lunches.
Cons
schedule constantly changed.
Extremely great place to work at.
Senior Medical Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 11, 2012
In all the years I worked for this company, I have been afforded many oportunities for advancement. Good atmosphere.
Pros
good managment
Cons
needs better payscale
Rewarding!
Donor Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 2, 2012
The donors are the best part of this job! Without them we wouldn't have a safe and healthy blood supply to save lives. They make the difference daily!
Pros
excellent 401k plan and matching.