Florida Atlantic University Employee Reviews

Nice school to work
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 14, 2017
I worked at the school on campus, a typical day would involve projects, home work, outside play, and lots of learning.
I learned alot working at the school, especially how to teach, and deal with children.
Management was ok, they did what they were suppose to do, sometimes i wished they did more.
Not much culture, but it was ok, everyone was family and got along.
The hardest part of the job was not receiving benefits, and good pay, and also dealing with rude parents.
The most enjoyable was teaching, encouraging, helping, watching their development, was the children. I looked forward to that everyday.
Overall great experience, but just more money, and benefits would of been great.
Pros
Free everything, you didnt have to pay for anything
Cons
No Benefits, and Low pay
Typical Day
Facilities Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 7, 2017
Some days at FAU are slow and during certain times of the year it becomes busy. Many people are wonderful to work with but, it gets competitive for job security.
Great people to work with. No day is the same, although oddly routine
Assistant Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 5, 2017
With my previous occupations, I learned to manage and work with people as well as learn what is like to be supervised. I value hard work and credible character.

I have a background in program management, facilities, as well as working alongside youth. In many of my work environments I was involved in improving the caliber of work produced or the working conditions.

In any job, I believe learning to love the people you work with as well as the work itself is the most integral part of any career. And of course skill itself.
Pros
Unpredictability
Cons
Unpredictability
fast paced and ever changing
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLOctober 22, 2017
A normal day at work is never normal ever changing and always testing you to think outside the box even on the simplest of tasks. Its an up beat environment, with everyone in good spirits.
Great place to be a Research Assistant
GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 17, 2017
Great place to be a Research Assistant. Good atmosphere, the lab was well equipped. The compensation was good and a bonus was given at the end of the year.
Grinspoon Morningstar Fellow (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 13, 2017
Supervisors are extremely supportive and helpful and the work is enjoyable. Daily assignments are clerical, and sometimes special projects. One of them is driving professors to class on a golf cart.
Work area
FAU Recreation Center Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 3, 2017
Relaxed work area, but with little amount of tasks. Had to do work that was not related to your job table pretty simple. It is extremely flexible hours with school.
positive
Professional Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 2, 2017
Working at Florida Atlantic University as a lifeguard was a relaxed and easy going atmosphere. Most of the patrons who attended the pool area were students of the university, therefore it was a comfortable environment.
Pros
Great weather and the pool was on campus, which I lived on
Cons
Hours were short.
Working it out
Undergraduate Student (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 29, 2017
I love doing what i love, working with digital media has always been my passion. I want to expand further by working with real clients and not just people i know. i want to experience and share my artwork with strangers along the way. what ever the case may be. You never know without trying.
Pros
well learning from someone experinced in the field would be a pro for me
Cons
Bad pay.
Very good place to work
Transportation Engineering Researcher (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 25, 2017
FAU and the transportation research group has state-of-the-art facilities like the Freight Mobility Research Institute and the Multimodal Intelligent Transportation Systems Laboratory that has an existing infrastructure in place that provides solutions to various transportation issues, focusing in the area of information technology, network modeling, intermodal logistics, etc
Great workplace and job security.
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 23, 2017
The university culture is a great environment to work in. The diversity of people and issues is amazing. Working with adjuncts, faculty and staff is very enlightening. Employees can get free education, build retirement funds,have a minimum of 6 vacation days and 6 sick days in the first year (rollover allowed), paid holiday time off and much more.
Great job for college students.
ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 2, 2017
The job is more freelance on your time. The only requirements is to attend regular class time to assist the students. The after hours work with your schedule while attending classes. The professors are professional and great to work with.
Cons
only for college students
Educational atmosphere
Undergraduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 29, 2017
high good rating responsive job
educational and growing company,
scholastic and stable job
little challening but effortless
outgoing and good standing school.
fun workplace
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 24, 2017
FAU is a great place to work with amazing coworkers, I have met many life ling friends there,even though working there was a great experience you don't get paid enough to pay bills.
Fun
STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 18, 2017
It served an internship with strength and conditioning. If you would like to work for free, earn credits and or experience this is a good place. Not really any con's.
Horrible
Chief of Staff (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLAugust 12, 2017
Not worth it at all. Don't waste your time there, I've learned nothing. The management is terrible, the rules and regulations are pointless, nothing can be accomplished on time ever.
Teaching assistant and student
Adjunct Professor and Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 5, 2017
I taught group and private piano while attending full-time as a student.
I also did a great deal of accompanying, mainly voice students.

I learned a great deal about classroom management.

Management was under change, which was stressful for the students.

The culture was not very diverse at that time, but the people made the job very enjoyable.

The hardest part of the job was the heavy schedule, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it.
Pros
teaching assistant position paid me well
Cons
parking was very far
Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 21, 2017
Nice work environment, professors and staff are nice to work with, advanced experimental facilities, the payment for graduate students is a little low
Learned to work well with different culture with students and staff.
Fort Lauderdale - Clerical Administrator (Former Employee) –  Davie, FloridaJuly 18, 2017
A daily routine of reviewing staff documents and determine where to facilitate those documents. My pleasant demeanor allowed me to work with everyone well.
Great academic environment.
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 18, 2017
Visiting Assistant Professor position which allowed freedom to publish as well as the development of critical thinking among students. Classroom participation and practical exercises greatly added to comprehension and development, especially with Research Methods.
Pros
Publications