Florida Atlantic University Employee Reviews

Company
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 25, 2017
Great company to work for but the pay scale is not that great. Great benefits and employee rewards. Fringe benefit and retirement package is good. Plus you can attend school
Pros
Attend school
Cons
Pay rate
positive work environment
Network Engineer / Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 3, 2017
friendly supportive environment. Very good benefits and health care. Flexible schedule to accommodate taking classes. After hour activities available for the staff.
Server and Bartender
Directed Independent Study (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 14, 2017
Previously discussed benefits of this employment as well as my role at this establishment. Pros of employment previously discussed.
Good benefits
Associate Director= (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 27, 2016
Long days, great team to work with Great benefits. No work life balance. There is great opportunity to advance especially if you are continuing your education.
Benefits
Cons
Work life balance
typical company with no extra benefit and job security
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 31, 2017
you work hard and earn your money thats it. they wont give you any bonus or increment. Just work hard and earn money. Dont expect anything. Job security is less.
Department of Housing and Residential Life
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 5, 2016
Working for housing at FAU was an overall great experience. I had the opportunity to meet people from all over the world and established connections with those people. That was honestly the best part about my job. Everyday was different. We had different goals we had to fulfill on a weekly and monthly basis. This includes, but not limited to, designing floor decorations and programs for students, enriching the students with abilities to push themselves to work harder in school and to learn how to be a better person. The management in the housing building I worked in was very professional but also enjoyed having fun with our staff. The management above was not so great. They did not keep their promises and continually made changes to our protocol and job contract without letting their employees know.
Coordinator ISSS (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 18, 2016
Florida Atlantic University is an excellent place to work. Great benefits and opportunities. I learned a great deal working for FAU and was involved with many departments. I loved my co-workers and the students were great to work with.
low moral
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 1, 2016
Department was torn apart over 1 year ago and all leadership was let go. Change management is a foreign term and everyone has been in limbo. Long term employees are grinning and bearing it.
Pros
state benefitsn and time off that rolls over
Cons
lower salary than private
Lead Challenge Course Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 6, 2017
FAU is a great place for students to work while pursuing their degrees. Management understands the constraints of school work and class scheduling. Also, employee development is at the core of all management goals.
Friendly workplace
Sales (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 12, 2017
Co workers, and managment is very friendly and fed us snacks every football home game, i just wish hours where better and there was more to do in office
Pros
free snacks
Cons
limited/no hours

Want to know more about Florida Atlantic University?

Ask a question
Great
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 13, 2017
• Performed audits of financial statements for clients, including reviews and compilation of quarterly financial reports
• Performed audits of internal control over financial reporting, including Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404
• Analyzed the industry/business risks of the engagement to develop appropriate audit plans for accurate reporting
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 23, 2016
There is a productive and fun work environment. The compensation is good and co-workers are good people. I would recommend working at this company.
Pros
Management, Co-workers, environment
Nice experience and great flexibility
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 29, 2016
Nice environment to work surrounded with a lot of students where you feel very energetic and encouraged to work and develop skills for the rest of your life while pursuing graduate studies towards a better career advancement.
This a very caring and compassionate place to work
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 23, 2017
I love working for this organization, they adhere to their philosophy. I love the flexibility of work and family life that working here provide me with. I love learning from and education future nurses, it is my pleasure to work here.
Pros
Free tuition
Friendly, cooperative and motivating atmospher
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 24, 2017
My work was related with working on various research projects on e learning, associating with students and professors. My supervisor was always helpful and provided clear instructions on how work was supposed to be done. I learned how to work with Banner.
Good working environment
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 14, 2017
Work is not that crucial. Pressure is not that heavy as I am a student worker here and work 20 hours a week.

Work atmosphere is quite good.
Pros
Less pressure
Cons
Time bound
Productive learning environment centered on student success
Writing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 4, 2016
My office facilitated the seeking of learning and sharing of knowledge that our alma mater is famous for. My fellow consultants and I were eager to work and share our knowledge and experience of the written word with students.
It is okay to work here.
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 6, 2016
The people who I work with are nice but the compensation is way too low. If compensation would have been fair it might be the plave you want to be at.
A tough place to enjoy work and life
Management Associate (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 17, 2017
They are understaffed and it makes it hard to do your job because you are never able to get ahead. You go day to day to try and stay a float. Fun people to work with.
Productive, Innovative and good place to learn and work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 28, 2017
It is a college, therefore, it was fun to teach students as well as learn there as a student myself. I would recommend FAU. It was nice being paid to go to school and having most of the tuition paid for as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Atlantic University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2