Florida Atlantic University Employee Reviews

Fun
STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 18, 2017
It served an internship with strength and conditioning. If you would like to work for free, earn credits and or experience this is a good place. Not really any con's.
Horrible
Chief of Staff (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLAugust 12, 2017
Not worth it at all. Don't waste your time there, I've learned nothing. The management is terrible, the rules and regulations are pointless, nothing can be accomplished on time ever.
Teaching assistant and student
Adjunct Professor and Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 5, 2017
I taught group and private piano while attending full-time as a student.
I also did a great deal of accompanying, mainly voice students.

I learned a great deal about classroom management.

Management was under change, which was stressful for the students.

The culture was not very diverse at that time, but the people made the job very enjoyable.

The hardest part of the job was the heavy schedule, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it.
Pros
teaching assistant position paid me well
Cons
parking was very far
Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 21, 2017
Nice work environment, professors and staff are nice to work with, advanced experimental facilities, the payment for graduate students is a little low
Learned to work well with different culture with students and staff.
Fort Lauderdale - Clerical Administrator (Former Employee) –  Davie, FloridaJuly 18, 2017
A daily routine of reviewing staff documents and determine where to facilitate those documents. My pleasant demeanor allowed me to work with everyone well.
Great academic environment.
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 18, 2017
Visiting Assistant Professor position which allowed freedom to publish as well as the development of critical thinking among students. Classroom participation and practical exercises greatly added to comprehension and development, especially with Research Methods.
Pros
Publications
Great school, excellent professors
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 12, 2017
FAU is a great school, they offer lots of classes and help their students finish their degrees. Part of this is their TA'ing program, which allows students to pay for their classes by working within the university assisting professors in their classes.
beautiful college environment and facilities
Assistant Coach Men's Soccer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 11, 2017
-mid major division I university trying to make it in the group of nationally renown college athletic programs.

-decent working environment and culture for college athletics

-all programs pulling their own weight with the resources they're given
Pros
beautiful location and facilities
Cons
has not reached the level of support needed to compete at the highest national level
Relaxed
Instructor of Mathematics (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 10, 2017
Relaxed atmosphere. supportive faculty. Students motivated and it was fun to teach. Would like to teach there again.
Not only fun to teach but there is also opportunity to continue higher education
It's school
Resident Assistant/Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 28, 2017
I was a full time student at FAU and Some of the classes were difficult and some of them were easy. The best way for me to describe the school is just school. The school had it's highs and it's lows,

Want to know more about Florida Atlantic University?

Ask a question
Loved it...had some flaws but loved it!!
Office Assistant (OPS) (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 22, 2017
one of the greatest places to work as a college student. This was my first job to work at when I moved back to Florida. They always worked with you no matter what your personal life was looking like. The occasional run ins with others was normal like most jobs. There is nothing I can say negative about the place from my experience.
Pros
Cons
None.
Very great place to work at; everyone is encouraging each other to go beyong the expectations, especially in life.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 14, 2017
The environment is great. It was very enjoyable because it was student assisting other students. I was at ease on the first day of the job because everyone was welcoming and encouraging.
Pros
Free lunch at times during school event
Fau
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 14, 2017
Great place to work, fast pace. It's all about the students, great work environment. Employee benefits are exceptional and the campus is beautiful. You would love to work here.
Very rewarding for my career in Mental Health and Counseling.
Mentor for disabled students (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 13, 2017
I had an excellent 2 years working for the transitioning Owls program, it was very rewarding towards my career as I am applying for the program in Mental Health and Counseling at FAU for the Fall of 2018.
Pros
Got to work one on one with student mentee's
not fun
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 12, 2017
I was out in the hot sun which i very much disliked. It was a bit fun but some parents baby their adult child. We were the lowest paid student department but had the most strenuous work.
I was employed by Compass Group
Resident District Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 10, 2017
Compass Group was my employer. Contract food service agreement for over 30 years. The campus has significantly grown and Compass Group assisted with capital investment dollars to build and manage several food service destinations.
Pros
Great leadership on campus
Cons
7 day work weeks during semesters
Life changing and community focused
HEAD STUDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 29, 2017
Working in the Computer Science and Engineering Department was an amazing opportunity and the administration were amazing mentors. The staff and professors are also amazing and I it was like working with a family my entire 3 years there.
Productive and work friendly
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 26, 2017
I learnt a lot working here. Specially very supportive co-workers and boss. Learning friendly environment. You get to teach and learn both. Professors are quite helpful too.
College Life
Event Planner (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 14, 2017
This was only a quick college job that allowed me to stay close to my classes and earn money at the same time. The job wasn't to demanding but there were a ton of costumer service experiences that will help me in any job moving forward.
okay
Mailroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 10, 2017
Pay could have been a lot better. The environment was decent, and manageable. For an on campus job it was laid back and cool, able to get work done while there.