Florida Atlantic University Employee Reviews

Great
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 9, 2017
Easy TA position as long as you do all the work required and stay on top of all your tasks. Also worked as tutor for one of my TA assignments and that was usually not to busy.
Great university to study and work for!!!
Biology Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 4, 2017
I was an undergraduate teaching assistant during my time at FAU. I love this university and its atmosphere. The professors are friendly, knowledgable, and fair. Great place to work and study! Go Owls!
A brief experienced but very positive.
Co-director for original outreach piece (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 3, 2017
I was a guest artist so did not receive benefits or job advancement, thus the rating. This was a very positive experience and introduction to South Florida.
Pros
Open, easy exchange of ideas.
Great staff, environment an overall great place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 2, 2017
Great staff, environment an overall great place to work. Friendly and happy colleagues. The atmosphere and vibe is very casual and fun. Working with students was awesome!
Easy Job to handle, Easy to manage with school
WOODSHOP TECHNICIAN ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 1, 2017
Student jobs are quite easy at FAU. Able to balance school and work at the same time. The pay is also nice comparable to other jobs.
Great place to work and gain experiace, take specialized classes.
Commercial Plumber (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 28, 2017
I got 9 accommodations from different colleges. My priorities were Safty, emergency, ADA. Students and staff.
All was working out until they chose to hire 2 more supervisors and no help. 5 bosses tookaway from my priorities for their own benefit to impress their boss with time consuming unimportant task. I was overwhelmed and my popularity took a dive not being able to take care of the colleges and students anymore. I was released for a license infraction, but I was going to quit anyway.
Pros
the Univesity atmosphere.
Cons
Following unqualified leadership.
Its a standard place to work
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 28, 2017
The atmosphere is that of a college campus with prospective and current students entering for inquiries about events, documents and general information about the school.
Great workplace
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 21, 2017
Diverse campus and off-campus population.
Many opportunities to learn from finance office, athletics, academics. operations, facilities management, student affairs, research.
Great Place for a college job
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  BocaFebruary 19, 2017
-Need to be motivated
-Co-workers are great
-On slow days you can study
-Need to have people skills
-Great Place for a college job
-Great hours
-College Job
Server and Bartender
Directed Independent Study (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 14, 2017
Previously discussed benefits of this employment as well as my role at this establishment. Pros of employment previously discussed.
Good working environment
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 14, 2017
Work is not that crucial. Pressure is not that heavy as I am a student worker here and work 20 hours a week.

Work atmosphere is quite good.
Pros
Less pressure
Cons
Time bound
Great
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 13, 2017
• Performed audits of financial statements for clients, including reviews and compilation of quarterly financial reports
• Performed audits of internal control over financial reporting, including Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404
• Analyzed the industry/business risks of the engagement to develop appropriate audit plans for accurate reporting
Lead Challenge Course Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 6, 2017
FAU is a great place for students to work while pursuing their degrees. Management understands the constraints of school work and class scheduling. Also, employee development is at the core of all management goals.
Productive Learning Environment
Independent Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 4, 2017
The perfect balance of knowledge and application through lectures and Independent Research Studies. Lab training and collaboration was always encouraged.
positive work environment
Network Engineer / Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 3, 2017
friendly supportive environment. Very good benefits and health care. Flexible schedule to accommodate taking classes. After hour activities available for the staff.
typical company with no extra benefit and job security
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 31, 2017
you work hard and earn your money thats it. they wont give you any bonus or increment. Just work hard and earn money. Dont expect anything. Job security is less.
Productive, Innovative and good place to learn and work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 28, 2017
It is a college, therefore, it was fun to teach students as well as learn there as a student myself. I would recommend FAU. It was nice being paid to go to school and having most of the tuition paid for as well.
Company
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 25, 2017
Great company to work for but the pay scale is not that great. Great benefits and employee rewards. Fringe benefit and retirement package is good. Plus you can attend school
Pros
Attend school
Cons
Pay rate
Friendly, cooperative and motivating atmospher
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 24, 2017
My work was related with working on various research projects on e learning, associating with students and professors. My supervisor was always helpful and provided clear instructions on how work was supposed to be done. I learned how to work with Banner.
This a very caring and compassionate place to work
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 23, 2017
I love working for this organization, they adhere to their philosophy. I love the flexibility of work and family life that working here provide me with. I love learning from and education future nurses, it is my pleasure to work here.
Pros
Free tuition

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Atlantic University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2