Florida Atlantic University

Florida Atlantic University Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working at florida atlantic univeristy
Office Assistant to the Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 31, 2016
I enjoyed interacting with students as well as professors on a day to day basis. A typical day would include sorting and distributing mail, as well as typing letters and answering questions, that a student may have.
Productive academic envrionment
Geological Technician Experience (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 29, 2016
Supportive staff members
Department of Science welcoming
Some Buildings need maintenance
Learned to work closely with colleagues
Allocations of funds questionable
A good Place to Work
Front End Developer UX/UI - (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 5, 2016
Everyone is really nice, but the bureaucracy may be daunting. The fact that one department doesn't communicate with other departments is also a bit of a let down. Overall, a nice place to be.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Paid Parking
Productive and Fun Work/Study Place
Governor's Chief of Staff (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 2, 2016
Florida Atlantic University is amazing place to get your degree and work. A typical day at FAU it relaxing, different and exciting.
Productive and Fun Environment
Student Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 18, 2015
Overall great environment, staff are very professional and supporting. I loved working there and attending classes as an undergraduate.
Good College
ASME Machine & Electrical Shop Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 12, 2015
Decent college. While some programs are better than others, it should said overall that the experience is what you make it. Work hard, and you wont have any problems.
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 14, 2015
Wonderful work environment. Friendly co-workers. Learned a lot. Very productive and fun environment. Good place to work.
Work Study
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 2, 2015
Sit at the desk and open the door for students and visitors coming in, transfer calls, bring mail to students when requested. Was able to do homework when not busy with guests.
Pros
Could do homework on the job
Cons
No cons
Great experience, great connections
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 11, 2015
Working closely with professors was a great experience.
Lots of flexibility in terms of work hours.
Worked on several interesting projects.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
very low pay/low hours per week
Okay
Service/Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Boca CampusSeptember 9, 2015
I have been enjoy to serve the school students because I was obtaining undergraduate degree there. However, the work environment and culture were not great as I expected.

Want to know more about Florida Atlantic University?

Ask a question
University working environment is the best!
Assistant Purchasing Director (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 26, 2015
I worked at FAU for over 20 years and loved it! Salary and promotions are better in some departments than others, but the benefits are great! Lots of sick and vacation time off, as well as great colleagues.
Pros
Benefits including healthcare, retirement and paid time off
Cons
Don't always promote from within
Great!
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 5, 2015
This job was very flexible and easygoing because they take into consideration that your are a student and they work with you. I love interacting with different people there.
Graduate Teaching Assistantship
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Department of Sociology, Boca Raton, FloridaJuly 7, 2015
I assisted in teaching several different classes from SociologicalTheory to a Seminar on Immigration where I gave lectures, answered student questions in and out of class. I also proctored exams and make-up exams.

Outside of teaching classes I held office hours for individual student consultations about grades and homework. I graded exams including essay questions and kept track of attendance.
Pros
Tuition paid for, living stipend
Cons
little time for myself
Enjoyable place to work where every day is different
Manager, Classification and Compensation (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 17, 2015
A great work environment that affords the chance to grow. Each day is different and you contribute so much to the college community. I learned different systems used on campus and was instrumental in introducing PeopleAdmin on campus.

My peers were very helpful and I enjoyed working with them. We all contributed to the common end.

Management was not always easy to read.
Pros
Electric atmosphere of a college campus
Cons
The salary was not the best
Great place
Learning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 15, 2015
FAU is a great place to work at for college students. It opens up career opportunities that most places do not. The hardest part of the job is the inflexible hours but everything is is perfect.
Great working atmosphere
Program Assistant Purchasing Department (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 8, 2015
Never one day did I have any issues. Everyone there is friendly, their benefits are the Bomb! and the pay was fair. Nice experience
Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 28, 2015
The compensation and benefits are great. The security of keeping a job is extremely tenuous. Management is sensitive.
Pros
Great Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Determining Expectations
Productive workplace where everyone is eager to learn
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 25, 2015
On a typical day at work, I will tutor several students in a certain math subject such as algebra or statistics. This includes helping them solve and understand homework problems, helping students prepare for quizzes or exams, and proctoring such quizzes or exams. Since communication is a vital skill for success in this job, I learned how to communicate clearly and effectively with the students. My co-workers are also very friendly and we are all willing to help each other out when necessary. My supervisor is also very supportive of me not only in the math lab, but in my career goals as well. The hardest part of the job is tutoring students who have very little math background or who struggle with math. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the look of satisfaction on the students' faces when they finally understand a new math concept.
Pros
Friendly environment, no travel necessary between work and class.
Cons
No breaks; hours on a first come, first served basis
Professional education facility with opportunity to learn laboratory protocol
Biology Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 19, 2015
Upkeep and care of animals, plants and microbes. Chemical reagent preparation. Laboratory prep work for all biology labs offered at FAU. Inventory and Ordering as well as organizing, maintenance and delivering lab equipment for student use during their course work. Biohazard protocol.
Pros
I loved all aspects of this employment
Nice work environment
Writing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 14, 2015
A friendly work environment with organized management. I became a CRLA certified writing tutor and learned how to work with a variety of students with different levels of writing capabilities.

4.2