Florida Atlantic University

Florida Atlantic University Employee Reviews

Great place to work and gain experiace, take specialized classes.
Commercial Plumber (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 28, 2017
I got 9 accommodations from different colleges. My priorities were Safty, emergency, ADA. Students and staff.
All was working out until they chose to hire 2 more supervisors and no help. 5 bosses tookaway from my priorities for their own benefit to impress their boss with time consuming unimportant task. I was overwhelmed and my popularity took a dive not being able to take care of the colleges and students anymore. I was released for a license infraction, but I was going to quit anyway.
Pros
the Univesity atmosphere.
Cons
Following unqualified leadership.
Great
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 13, 2017
• Performed audits of financial statements for clients, including reviews and compilation of quarterly financial reports
• Performed audits of internal control over financial reporting, including Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404
• Analyzed the industry/business risks of the engagement to develop appropriate audit plans for accurate reporting
Friendly, cooperative and motivating atmospher
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 24, 2017
My work was related with working on various research projects on e learning, associating with students and professors. My supervisor was always helpful and provided clear instructions on how work was supposed to be done. I learned how to work with Banner.
This a very caring and compassionate place to work
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 23, 2017
I love working for this organization, they adhere to their philosophy. I love the flexibility of work and family life that working here provide me with. I love learning from and education future nurses, it is my pleasure to work here.
Pros
Free tuition
Department of Housing and Residential Life
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 5, 2016
Working for housing at FAU was an overall great experience. I had the opportunity to meet people from all over the world and established connections with those people. That was honestly the best part about my job. Everyday was different. We had different goals we had to fulfill on a weekly and monthly basis. This includes, but not limited to, designing floor decorations and programs for students, enriching the students with abilities to push themselves to work harder in school and to learn how to be a better person. The management in the housing building I worked in was very professional but also enjoyed having fun with our staff. The management above was not so great. They did not keep their promises and continually made changes to our protocol and job contract without letting their employees know.
Productive, Innovative and good place to learn and work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 28, 2017
It is a college, therefore, it was fun to teach students as well as learn there as a student myself. I would recommend FAU. It was nice being paid to go to school and having most of the tuition paid for as well.
Lead Challenge Course Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 6, 2017
FAU is a great place for students to work while pursuing their degrees. Management understands the constraints of school work and class scheduling. Also, employee development is at the core of all management goals.
Productive learning environment centered on student success
Writing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 4, 2016
My office facilitated the seeking of learning and sharing of knowledge that our alma mater is famous for. My fellow consultants and I were eager to work and share our knowledge and experience of the written word with students.
typical company with no extra benefit and job security
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 31, 2017
you work hard and earn your money thats it. they wont give you any bonus or increment. Just work hard and earn money. Dont expect anything. Job security is less.
positive work environment
Network Engineer / Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 3, 2017
friendly supportive environment. Very good benefits and health care. Flexible schedule to accommodate taking classes. After hour activities available for the staff.
Productive Learning Environment
Independent Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 4, 2017
The perfect balance of knowledge and application through lectures and Independent Research Studies. Lab training and collaboration was always encouraged.
Professor of Trombone
Professor of Trombone (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 22, 2016
I teach nine private students trombone and euphonium lessons. Most of my students are undergraduate pursuing degrees in music education, performance, and various tracks in the commercial music fields
Its a standard place to work
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 28, 2017
The atmosphere is that of a college campus with prospective and current students entering for inquiries about events, documents and general information about the school.
Company
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 25, 2017
Great company to work for but the pay scale is not that great. Great benefits and employee rewards. Fringe benefit and retirement package is good. Plus you can attend school
Pros
Attend school
Cons
Pay rate
Great workplace
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 21, 2017
Diverse campus and off-campus population.
Many opportunities to learn from finance office, athletics, academics. operations, facilities management, student affairs, research.
A tough place to enjoy work and life
Management Associate (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 17, 2017
They are understaffed and it makes it hard to do your job because you are never able to get ahead. You go day to day to try and stay a float. Fun people to work with.
Nice experience and great flexibility
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 29, 2016
Nice environment to work surrounded with a lot of students where you feel very energetic and encouraged to work and develop skills for the rest of your life while pursuing graduate studies towards a better career advancement.
Good working environment
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 14, 2017
Work is not that crucial. Pressure is not that heavy as I am a student worker here and work 20 hours a week.

Work atmosphere is quite good.
Pros
Less pressure
Cons
Time bound
Friendly workplace
Sales (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 12, 2017
Co workers, and managment is very friendly and fed us snacks every football home game, i just wish hours where better and there was more to do in office
Pros
free snacks
Cons
limited/no hours
Great Place for a college job
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  BocaFebruary 19, 2017
-Need to be motivated
-Co-workers are great
-On slow days you can study
-Need to have people skills
-Great Place for a college job
-Great hours
-College Job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Atlantic University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2