Florida Atlantic University

Florida Atlantic University Employee Reviews

Graduate Teaching Assistantship
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Department of Sociology, Boca Raton, FloridaJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Tuition paid for, living stipend
Cons: little time for myself
I assisted in teaching several different classes from SociologicalTheory to a Seminar on Immigration where I gave lectures, answered student questions in and out of class. I also proctored exams and make-up exams.

Outside of teaching classes I held office hours for individual student consultations about grades and homework. I graded exams including essay questions and kept track of attendance.
Enjoyable place to work where every day is different
Manager, Classification and Compensation (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJune 17, 2015
Pros: Electric atmosphere of a college campus
Cons: The salary was not the best
A great work environment that affords the chance to grow. Each day is different and you contribute so much to the college community. I learned different systems used on campus and was instrumental in introducing PeopleAdmin on campus.

My peers were very helpful and I enjoyed working with them. We all contributed to the common end.

Management was not always easy to read.
Great place
Learning Assistant (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJune 15, 2015
FAU is a great place to work at for college students. It opens up career opportunities that most places do not. The hardest part of the job is the inflexible hours but everything is is perfect.
Great working atmosphere
Program Assistant Purchasing Department (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJune 8, 2015
Never one day did I have any issues. Everyone there is friendly, their benefits are the Bomb! and the pay was fair. Nice experience
Assistant Controller (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLMay 28, 2015
Pros: Great Compensation and Benefits
Cons: Determining Expectations
The compensation and benefits are great. The security of keeping a job is extremely tenuous. Management is sensitive.
Productive workplace where everyone is eager to learn
Math Tutor (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLMay 25, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment, no travel necessary between work and class.
Cons: No breaks; hours on a first come, first served basis
On a typical day at work, I will tutor several students in a certain math subject such as algebra or statistics. This includes helping them solve and understand homework problems, helping students prepare for quizzes or exams, and proctoring such quizzes or exams. Since communication is a vital skill for success in this job, I learned how to communicate clearly and effectively with the students. My co-workers are also very friendly and we are all willing to help each other out when necessary. My supervisor is also very supportive of me not only in the math lab, but in my career goals as well. The hardest part of the job is tutoring students who have very little math background or who struggle with math. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the look of satisfaction on the students' faces when they finally understand a new math concept.
Professional education facility with opportunity to learn laboratory protocol
Biology Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLMay 19, 2015
Pros: I loved all aspects of this employment
Cons: none
Upkeep and care of animals, plants and microbes. Chemical reagent preparation. Laboratory prep work for all biology labs offered at FAU. Inventory and Ordering as well as organizing, maintenance and delivering lab equipment for student use during their course work. Biohazard protocol.
Nice work environment
Writing Consultant (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLMay 14, 2015
A friendly work environment with organized management. I became a CRLA certified writing tutor and learned how to work with a variety of students with different levels of writing capabilities.
Exceptional place to work
Accountant- Fee Petition Manager (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLMay 12, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Salary
Great location, benefits, and exceptional place to work. As long as you know your duties, no problems. I would recommend this location to anyone.
Productive and fun
Assistant Director, Technology & Student Affairs (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLMay 7, 2015
Great working here. Everyone is very nice. It is a very friendly environment and it is also growing. Great working here. Everyone is very nice. It is a very friendly environment and it is also growing.
Productive Place to work in Educational environment
Program Assistant (Current Employee), Davie, FLMay 3, 2015
Pros: Winter Break vacation
Cons: None
Stationed at front desk in a student health clinic for the university. Answer questions and schedule appointments to see provider on campus for students.
Great place to work overall
Email Marketing / Annual Giving Coordinator (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLApril 19, 2015
Wonderful university with a beautiful football stadium. Employees are outstanding. Work/life balance was not great in my position. Pay was significantly lower than similar jobs at other companies. Benefits were great, though.
Fun fast environment
Intern Director Operations and Football Operations (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLApril 8, 2015
While interning at Florida Atlantic University I learned about game day operations and all that goes into a college game day. I made the PSA list for game days, I set up the post meal for the players. I set up recruiting events during off season. the best part of my job was being able to work side by side with the Director of Operations and learn directly.
FAU sets the standard for high marks in professionalism for both students and staff alike.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FloridaApril 3, 2015
FAU is an excellent institution of higher learning that has significantly grown in stature and expertise in South Florida. A first rate faculty and staff makes this school a wonderful place for students and staff to grow and attain their objectives in expanding their horizons. A truly diverse student body makes teaching a most enjoyable experience!
Student turned Employee
Full Time Spanish Tutor (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLMarch 31, 2015
There are many jobs here but security at least for what I did was not guaranteed. But for students great place. They do not have many opportunities for students turned employees which hinders many students who want to work at the university.
Great Job
Operations Assistant (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLMarch 13, 2015
Great place to work, a lot of great people. Beautiful location. Management was really easy to get along with. Learned a lot about time management.
very productive, good place to work
Orientation Leader (Former Employee), Boca Raton FLMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches, free money for tuition
Enjoy to work with skilled people, help me to overcome my timorous.
My co workers always enjoy to help each other. The hardest part is working sometimes at the sun, but very good place to work as a student.
great job , poor managment
Budget development (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: athletic invovoment on a collegiate level
Cons: working for admin that have never coached a day in there lives
being a coach on the Division ! level is always exciting and fun. Unfortunately the environment can change quickly with the change over in administration.

In FAU case this was a disaster for the swimming program as the current admin is very unsupportive.
Great atmosphere
Graduate Research Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 17, 2015
Florida Atlantic University is a great place to learn and to work. The campus is beautiful and it is full of great people.
Good work for a student
Receptionist (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLFebruary 2, 2015
I was able to work there while attending school, which gave me flexibility with my classes and extracurricular activities.