Florida Atlantic University Employee Reviews

Productive and work friendly
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 26, 2017
I learnt a lot working here. Specially very supportive co-workers and boss. Learning friendly environment. You get to teach and learn both. Professors are quite helpful too.
College Life
Event Planner (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 14, 2017
This was only a quick college job that allowed me to stay close to my classes and earn money at the same time. The job wasn't to demanding but there were a ton of costumer service experiences that will help me in any job moving forward.
okay
Mailroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 10, 2017
Pay could have been a lot better. The environment was decent, and manageable. For an on campus job it was laid back and cool, able to get work done while there.
great place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 10, 2017
Florida Atlantic University is a good school and a great place to work. the culture at Florida Atlantic university is a culture of strong work ethic which encourages each individual to strive to their full potential.
Pros
free tuition
Beautiful teaching experience
Graduate teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 10, 2017
I worked at FAU as a graduate teaching assistant while I completed my MA in Comparative Literature in Spanish and Italian.
I taught two Spanish courses-I & II- twice or three times a week; each semester I had a different schedule.

I truly enjoyed teaching, I looked forward to working with my students, guiding them as the went through the activities I prepared for each class. Seeing my students improve as the semester progressed was the best part of my job. I would have to say that the hardest part of the job was finding a balance between school and work.

The work environment was always pleasant, other instructors and professors were always keen to help and work together.

I had a wonderful experience teaching at FAU, it definitely helped me grow and develop new skills within my field.
Pros
surrounded by knowledgeable people
Cons
no benefits
Student
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 29, 2017
I was a student at Florida Atlantic University for two years and it quickly became apparent to me that the staff does not care about the overall well-being of their students.
Summary
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 26, 2017
I was only there 8 months before my boss was fired and our staff was let go. It was a difficult situation and in my opinion it wasn't handled in the correct manner.
Working on research projects in the university is fun
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 25, 2017
I am a student and worked at as a research assistant in CEECS department. However, the job was one of the best jobs I had. It was a great learning experience for me to grow professionally and got a lot more knowledge on my research.
Great leadership from President
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 24, 2017
President is vested and determined to increase profile of university. Some administrators tend to hope for other department's to fail but are supportive in front of President.
Great Job
Student Media Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 24, 2017
I worked at the School of Criminology and Criminal Justice under work study as an Office Assistant. However, the job was one of the best jobs I had. It was a great learning experience for me to grow professionally. I learned how to send out professional emails, perform clerical duties and etc.
Great Workplace
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  777 Glades Road, Boca Raton, Fl, 33431April 19, 2017
The people and faculty at FAU are extremely welcoming and help you grow as a person. I taught and assisted in the School of Communication and Multimedia studies, and if I could continue working there, I would.
Exquisite managerial skills
Accounting Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 29, 2017
Florida Atlantic University have great leaders and student that will improve the school. Typical day art work is making sure everything is organized, emails are being sent and documents are being signed. last but not least sending approval payments to account payable.
Pros
flexible
Cons
benefits/pay
A first rate learning environment.
Recreation Board Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 26, 2017
Excellent learning and training environment. I was taught how to learn in a college environment, and how to work alongside students and staff in classes ranging in a variety of subjects from math to American history. With hard work I was able to graduate with honors.
Pros
Excellent, helpful professors who are able to work with your strengths and weaknesses
Cons
Parking is a nightmare
Great
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 9, 2017
Easy TA position as long as you do all the work required and stay on top of all your tasks. Also worked as tutor for one of my TA assignments and that was usually not to busy.
Great university to study and work for!!!
Biology Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 4, 2017
I was an undergraduate teaching assistant during my time at FAU. I love this university and its atmosphere. The professors are friendly, knowledgable, and fair. Great place to work and study! Go Owls!
A brief experienced but very positive.
Co-director for original outreach piece (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 3, 2017
I was a guest artist so did not receive benefits or job advancement, thus the rating. This was a very positive experience and introduction to South Florida.
Pros
Open, easy exchange of ideas.
Great staff, environment an overall great place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 2, 2017
Great staff, environment an overall great place to work. Friendly and happy colleagues. The atmosphere and vibe is very casual and fun. Working with students was awesome!
Easy Job to handle, Easy to manage with school
WOODSHOP TECHNICIAN ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 1, 2017
Student jobs are quite easy at FAU. Able to balance school and work at the same time. The pay is also nice comparable to other jobs.
Great place to work and gain experiace, take specialized classes.
Commercial Plumber (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 28, 2017
I got 9 accommodations from different colleges. My priorities were Safty, emergency, ADA. Students and staff.
All was working out until they chose to hire 2 more supervisors and no help. 5 bosses tookaway from my priorities for their own benefit to impress their boss with time consuming unimportant task. I was overwhelmed and my popularity took a dive not being able to take care of the colleges and students anymore. I was released for a license infraction, but I was going to quit anyway.
Pros
the Univesity atmosphere.
Cons
Following unqualified leadership.
Its a standard place to work
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 28, 2017
The atmosphere is that of a college campus with prospective and current students entering for inquiries about events, documents and general information about the school.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Atlantic University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2