Florida Atlantic University

Florida Atlantic University Employer Reviews

LEARNING RESOURCES LAB ASSIST
LEARNING RESOURCES LAB ASSIST (Current Employee), Davie, FLApril 16, 2014
Pros: learning about new equipment
Cons: low pay no benefits or security
This is a student grant job.
o Install audio and video equipment for E-Classrooms
o Support E-Class, and teaching staff on E-Classrooms’ Computer systems
o Setup remote video classrooms
o Install electronic teaching stations in sciences Lab for the professors
o Install and configure Lab computer systems
o Computer imaging, software and drive install
o – more... Network setup
o Set up and provide audio and video support for V.I.P events on campus
o Provide Maintenance on projectors, audio system, and computer systems – less
Outstanding colleagues and Dean of Students
ASSOCIATE VICE PRESIDENT & DEAN OF STUDENTS OFFICE (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLMarch 2, 2014
Pros: devoted staff
A typical day involves handling calls from parents, students and /or directors from other departments requesting immediate help for their problems. I might be responding to a student's turmoil over an impending withdrawal from school, an angry, distraught parent, frantic about his/her child, arranging meetings, writing letters, managing students, maintaining – more... calendars; providing direction, counsel, or guidance to any number of visitors to the Dean of Students office. My co-workers are professional, committed and caring to our population. My boss is a charismatic, amazing dedicated Dean who works tirelessly in our department and manages a united team. The hardest part of my job is not being able to help a student because his need may be out of my purview and the most enjoyable part is when a student feels encouraged, motivated or simply acknowledged by my short interaction with him. – less
Productive and professional workplace.
Student Government Treasurer (Current Employee), Davie, FLFebruary 25, 2014
I have gained budget and fiscal knowledge in my time here at Florida Atlantic University.
Caring Theory College
Nursing Instructor (Current Employee), Boca Raton, Fl.February 12, 2014
Pros: caring collaborations among staff
Cons: using an adjunct model for employment practices
Florida Atlantic University and the Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing base their philosophy of nursing on caring theories. It is applied to staff and students.
Good job for a student
Student (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: flexible, great to be on campus
Cons: time drainer
This is a great place to be if you are a student at FAU. Working on campus was a plus and the professors are flexible.
Volunteer
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJanuary 23, 2014
I was a volunteer so cant speak much on jobs benefits and actual work environment
Manning the CUBE (study area at Engineering East building in FAU)
College of Engineering, Student Worker (Former Employee), Boca RatonJanuary 17, 2014
-front desk
-ensure to ask people to leave prior to closing time
-provided to the study group a room
A part time job preceptor for medical students about 6 hrs weekly
Assistant Affiliate Clinical Professor of Medicine (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: access to fau medical library
Cons: teaching slows me down, but it is worth it
I enjoy teaching and having med students around keeps me sharp
Difficult and challenging work environment
Coordinator, Housing (Current Employee), Jupiter, FLJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: lack strong management; lack supervision
difficult and challenging work
no room for advancement
a lot of experiences
lacks diversity
growing company with lots of opportunity to learn
Assistant Director Facilities, Operations, Events (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: ability to work with young people
Cons: long hours
all employees are ready and willing to help in any way possible. Everyone is willing to work together and do what is beneficial for all.
School Opportunity
Project Manager - Dine On A Dime Web Application (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLDecember 30, 2013
Worked on a team of 6. Was a good experience learned about software development process. Frustration from some of the team members not pulling there weight on the project.
Incredible professional learning experience
Head Women's Swimming & Diving Coach (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLDecember 18, 2013
Pros: starting a new program
Cons: starting a new program
I trained athletes up to 5 hours per day. I was responsible for managing and maintaining: budget, supplies, travel, equipment, recruiting, assistants.
I was responsible for the athletes on my teams. Hiring and firing assistant coaches. Recruiting, training and keeping the student/althes acountable for thier behavior, performance, and passing their classes.
I – more... enjoyed all aspects of the job; most notably the opportunites to network with coaches all over the country. The most challenging aspect was recruiting athletes to a brand new program. I was the first swimming coach. – less
Impressive Faculty and Staff
Spanish Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLDecember 16, 2013
My experience with the faculty and staff at FAU has been amazing. Not only are they all highly qualified, but they are genuinely passionate about academia and students.
Productive and efficient workplace
Eco Design and Development (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLOctober 3, 2013
Very productive work days that are filled with opportunities for me to explore different aspects of solar irrigation.
Productive and challenging research with rewarding experiences.
Chief Research Assistant (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLSeptember 29, 2013
Research analysis and development of biomedical devices. Supportive management with assistance from faculty created an environment with a passion for excellence and determination. During a scientific revolution, the joy of participating and helping to shape future advances and medical success, while challenging makes the work all the more worth it. – more... The diversity of sources at the early portions of the information age, created difficulties in accessing and obtaining accurate information. – less
Boca Raton is beautiful, gradschool is hard work but worth the effort
Research/Teaching Assistant, Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLAugust 26, 2013
Pros: study math, get paid
Cons: math is beautiful, but hard.
Gradschool at the math department was a great experience. You meet truly smart people there. At times dealing with advisors is challenging but it is expected.
Some nice people
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Boca Raton flaAugust 22, 2013
Pros: co-workers, parties, students
Cons: management
Input data enter the school website for the medical students.
Very Professional
Office Assistant - CCJ Dept (Former Employee), BOCA RATONAugust 19, 2013
Answer incoming phone calls and redirecting phone calls if needed, make copies, labels, envelopes, and contact cards. File, organize office and work area and assist the supervisor, professors, as well as the director of the department when need be.
Evaluation of Florida Atlantic University
Computer Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLAugust 6, 2013
Pros: work in non-pressure environment
Cons: basically stuck doing same job tasks for past several years
Florida Atlantic University has allowed me to self learn for the most part, Crystal Reports, used in reporting and in fine tuning skills with Visual Basic .NET and SQL. I am very independent worker, and my supervisor hardly ever requests any reports or other task. Each day, I go through a checklist of items I am following up on and try to get some programming – more... tasks completed. My co-workers in the office are nice and help support the complete operations of the department. I think the hardest part of the job is waiting for answers, (i.e. call backs) from support or others helping on an issue or question. The enjoyable part of the job is being able to write programs to accomplish a certain task or project. – less
Great Workplace.
Computer Support Specialist/IT (Former Employee), Jupiter, FLJuly 30, 2013
Pros: percentage of tuition paid
FAU values education before work. They will always tell you to put school first. If homework is due or exam is coming up, take time off.

1 2 3 4

About Florida Atlantic University

Florida Atlantic University opened its doors in 1964 as the fifth public university in Florida. Today, the university serves 26,000 – Read more