Florida Atlantic University Employee Reviews

Grinspoon Morningstar Fellow (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 13, 2017
Supervisors are extremely supportive and helpful and the work is enjoyable. Daily assignments are clerical, and sometimes special projects. One of them is driving professors to class on a golf cart.
Work area
FAU Recreation Center Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 3, 2017
Relaxed work area, but with little amount of tasks. Had to do work that was not related to your job table pretty simple. It is extremely flexible hours with school.
positive
Professional Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 2, 2017
Working at Florida Atlantic University as a lifeguard was a relaxed and easy going atmosphere. Most of the patrons who attended the pool area were students of the university, therefore it was a comfortable environment.
Pros
Great weather and the pool was on campus, which I lived on
Cons
Hours were short.
Working it out
Undergraduate Student (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 29, 2017
I love doing what i love, working with digital media has always been my passion. I want to expand further by working with real clients and not just people i know. i want to experience and share my artwork with strangers along the way. what ever the case may be. You never know without trying.
Pros
well learning from someone experinced in the field would be a pro for me
Cons
Bad pay.
Very good place to work
Transportation Engineering Researcher (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 25, 2017
FAU and the transportation research group has state-of-the-art facilities like the Freight Mobility Research Institute and the Multimodal Intelligent Transportation Systems Laboratory that has an existing infrastructure in place that provides solutions to various transportation issues, focusing in the area of information technology, network modeling, intermodal logistics, etc
Great workplace and job security.
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 23, 2017
The university culture is a great environment to work in. The diversity of people and issues is amazing. Working with adjuncts, faculty and staff is very enlightening. Employees can get free education, build retirement funds,have a minimum of 6 vacation days and 6 sick days in the first year (rollover allowed), paid holiday time off and much more.
Great job for college students.
ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 2, 2017
The job is more freelance on your time. The only requirements is to attend regular class time to assist the students. The after hours work with your schedule while attending classes. The professors are professional and great to work with.
Cons
only for college students
Educational atmosphere
Undergraduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 29, 2017
high good rating responsive job
educational and growing company,
scholastic and stable job
little challening but effortless
outgoing and good standing school.
fun workplace
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 24, 2017
FAU is a great place to work with amazing coworkers, I have met many life ling friends there,even though working there was a great experience you don't get paid enough to pay bills.
Fun
STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 18, 2017
It served an internship with strength and conditioning. If you would like to work for free, earn credits and or experience this is a good place. Not really any con's.
Horrible
Chief of Staff (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLAugust 12, 2017
Not worth it at all. Don't waste your time there, I've learned nothing. The management is terrible, the rules and regulations are pointless, nothing can be accomplished on time ever.
Teaching assistant and student
Adjunct Professor and Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 5, 2017
I taught group and private piano while attending full-time as a student.
I also did a great deal of accompanying, mainly voice students.

I learned a great deal about classroom management.

Management was under change, which was stressful for the students.

The culture was not very diverse at that time, but the people made the job very enjoyable.

The hardest part of the job was the heavy schedule, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it.
Pros
teaching assistant position paid me well
Cons
parking was very far
Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 21, 2017
Nice work environment, professors and staff are nice to work with, advanced experimental facilities, the payment for graduate students is a little low
Learned to work well with different culture with students and staff.
Fort Lauderdale - Clerical Administrator (Former Employee) –  Davie, FloridaJuly 18, 2017
A daily routine of reviewing staff documents and determine where to facilitate those documents. My pleasant demeanor allowed me to work with everyone well.
Great academic environment.
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 18, 2017
Visiting Assistant Professor position which allowed freedom to publish as well as the development of critical thinking among students. Classroom participation and practical exercises greatly added to comprehension and development, especially with Research Methods.
Pros
Publications
Great school, excellent professors
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 12, 2017
FAU is a great school, they offer lots of classes and help their students finish their degrees. Part of this is their TA'ing program, which allows students to pay for their classes by working within the university assisting professors in their classes.
beautiful college environment and facilities
Assistant Coach Men's Soccer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 11, 2017
-mid major division I university trying to make it in the group of nationally renown college athletic programs.

-decent working environment and culture for college athletics

-all programs pulling their own weight with the resources they're given
Pros
beautiful location and facilities
Cons
has not reached the level of support needed to compete at the highest national level
Relaxed
Instructor of Mathematics (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 10, 2017
Relaxed atmosphere. supportive faculty. Students motivated and it was fun to teach. Would like to teach there again.
Not only fun to teach but there is also opportunity to continue higher education
It's school
Resident Assistant/Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 28, 2017
I was a full time student at FAU and Some of the classes were difficult and some of them were easy. The best way for me to describe the school is just school. The school had it's highs and it's lows,
Loved it...had some flaws but loved it!!
Office Assistant (OPS) (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 22, 2017
one of the greatest places to work as a college student. This was my first job to work at when I moved back to Florida. They always worked with you no matter what your personal life was looking like. The occasional run ins with others was normal like most jobs. There is nothing I can say negative about the place from my experience.
Pros
Cons
None.