Florida Atlantic University Employee Reviews

Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 21, 2017
Nice work environment, professors and staff are nice to work with, advanced experimental facilities, the payment for graduate students is a little low
Learned to work well with different culture with students and staff.
Fort Lauderdale - Clerical Administrator (Former Employee) –  Davie, FloridaJuly 18, 2017
A daily routine of reviewing staff documents and determine where to facilitate those documents. My pleasant demeanor allowed me to work with everyone well.
Great academic environment.
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 18, 2017
Visiting Assistant Professor position which allowed freedom to publish as well as the development of critical thinking among students. Classroom participation and practical exercises greatly added to comprehension and development, especially with Research Methods.
Pros
Publications
Great school, excellent professors
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 12, 2017
FAU is a great school, they offer lots of classes and help their students finish their degrees. Part of this is their TA'ing program, which allows students to pay for their classes by working within the university assisting professors in their classes.
beautiful college environment and facilities
Assistant Coach Men's Soccer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 11, 2017
-mid major division I university trying to make it in the group of nationally renown college athletic programs.

-decent working environment and culture for college athletics

-all programs pulling their own weight with the resources they're given
Pros
beautiful location and facilities
Cons
has not reached the level of support needed to compete at the highest national level
Relaxed
Instructor of Mathematics (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 10, 2017
Relaxed atmosphere. supportive faculty. Students motivated and it was fun to teach. Would like to teach there again.
Not only fun to teach but there is also opportunity to continue higher education
It's school
Resident Assistant/Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 28, 2017
I was a full time student at FAU and Some of the classes were difficult and some of them were easy. The best way for me to describe the school is just school. The school had it's highs and it's lows,
Loved it...had some flaws but loved it!!
Office Assistant (OPS) (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 22, 2017
one of the greatest places to work as a college student. This was my first job to work at when I moved back to Florida. They always worked with you no matter what your personal life was looking like. The occasional run ins with others was normal like most jobs. There is nothing I can say negative about the place from my experience.
Pros
Cons
None.
Very great place to work at; everyone is encouraging each other to go beyong the expectations, especially in life.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 14, 2017
The environment is great. It was very enjoyable because it was student assisting other students. I was at ease on the first day of the job because everyone was welcoming and encouraging.
Pros
Free lunch at times during school event
Fau
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 14, 2017
Great place to work, fast pace. It's all about the students, great work environment. Employee benefits are exceptional and the campus is beautiful. You would love to work here.
Very rewarding for my career in Mental Health and Counseling.
Mentor for disabled students (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 13, 2017
I had an excellent 2 years working for the transitioning Owls program, it was very rewarding towards my career as I am applying for the program in Mental Health and Counseling at FAU for the Fall of 2018.
Pros
Got to work one on one with student mentee's
not fun
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 12, 2017
I was out in the hot sun which i very much disliked. It was a bit fun but some parents baby their adult child. We were the lowest paid student department but had the most strenuous work.
I was employed by Compass Group
Resident District Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 10, 2017
Compass Group was my employer. Contract food service agreement for over 30 years. The campus has significantly grown and Compass Group assisted with capital investment dollars to build and manage several food service destinations.
Pros
Great leadership on campus
Cons
7 day work weeks during semesters
Life changing and community focused
HEAD STUDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 29, 2017
Working in the Computer Science and Engineering Department was an amazing opportunity and the administration were amazing mentors. The staff and professors are also amazing and I it was like working with a family my entire 3 years there.
Productive and work friendly
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 26, 2017
I learnt a lot working here. Specially very supportive co-workers and boss. Learning friendly environment. You get to teach and learn both. Professors are quite helpful too.
College Life
Event Planner (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 14, 2017
This was only a quick college job that allowed me to stay close to my classes and earn money at the same time. The job wasn't to demanding but there were a ton of costumer service experiences that will help me in any job moving forward.
okay
Mailroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 10, 2017
Pay could have been a lot better. The environment was decent, and manageable. For an on campus job it was laid back and cool, able to get work done while there.
great place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 10, 2017
Florida Atlantic University is a good school and a great place to work. the culture at Florida Atlantic university is a culture of strong work ethic which encourages each individual to strive to their full potential.
Pros
free tuition
Beautiful teaching experience
Graduate teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 10, 2017
I worked at FAU as a graduate teaching assistant while I completed my MA in Comparative Literature in Spanish and Italian.
I taught two Spanish courses-I & II- twice or three times a week; each semester I had a different schedule.

I truly enjoyed teaching, I looked forward to working with my students, guiding them as the went through the activities I prepared for each class. Seeing my students improve as the semester progressed was the best part of my job. I would have to say that the hardest part of the job was finding a balance between school and work.

The work environment was always pleasant, other instructors and professors were always keen to help and work together.

I had a wonderful experience teaching at FAU, it definitely helped me grow and develop new skills within my field.
Pros
surrounded by knowledgeable people
Cons
no benefits
Student
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 29, 2017
I was a student at Florida Atlantic University for two years and it quickly became apparent to me that the staff does not care about the overall well-being of their students.