Florida Atlantic University Employee Reviews in United States

Great to work as a student, not so great job culture
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 21, 2016
The work was not easy and required a lot of self motivation to set my own challenges as I was not challenged at all. I am happy to not work there anymore.
Great place to work!
Orientation leader (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 16, 2016
Florida Atlantic University creates the opportunity for full and part time students to work within its many departments!
We have good opportunity to learn more skills and its completely based on individual effort
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 26, 2016
I have worked under the guidance of the Professor and learnt a lot of things. Here we have to work individually and find the solutions for all the problems. Working here makes us more perfect in basics.
Graduate Assistant FAU
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 6, 2016
Currently, working as a graduate assistant for the health administration and department of management at Florida Atlantic University. Graduate assistant work usually includes updating powerpoint, grading exams, helping with publications and data tabulation, and facilitating in anything professors might need assistance with.
Wonderful Office environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 4, 2016
I enjoyed the interaction with the students and many departments within the University. The Colleges were helpful as was the supporting offices and Directors. I was promoted several times and always enjoyed interacting with my Director. He respected my opinion and sought my input for any changes coming our way. I always believed that my boss should not be "blindsided". I kept him in the "know" at all times.

I learned patience, improved my people skills and was respected by my immediate staff reports as well as by the other Managers.

Each Day at FAU was new. We never knew what was going to happen. Sometimes we spent half a day helping a distressed student. The best part of my job was when I had to deal with an upset student or parent and I was able to solve their problem and send them away with a smile on their face. That really made my day. It was my strong suit.
Pros
Good friends
Cons
Working extra hours
Wonderful place to work
Instructor in the Department of Theatre and Dance (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 1, 2016
They provide a great environment for professors to teach their students challenging material and encourage students to grow in their field of study.
Good for getting nice connections
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 23, 2016
You are give the opportunity to be flexible with your schedule and they truly will help you graduate. You are given an office as well as access to the programs as long as you are a student.
Very productive for both children and counselors.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMay 20, 2016
Must be very active to keep up with kids. Help out with social activities as well as schoolwork. Fun parts are when you can partake in the activities with the children.
Office Clerk
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 16, 2016
Keeping files on all the history majors at Florida Atlantic University. Aiding all the professors with daily schedules. Answering the phone for students wishing to speak with their professors and the chair of the department. Organizing the clubs and groups sponsored by the department.
Fastest Improving University in the State of Florida
Assoc Vice President, Div of Public Service (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 15, 2016
The staff and faculty at this University are very student-centered, innovative, and caring. They work relationally and are focused on continuous improvement of services and resources for student success, research, and community engagement.

Want to know more about Florida Atlantic University?

Ask a question
helping student and faculty
Lab Supervisor and Student Assistant/ Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 6, 2016
worked at computer lab as to help desk and solve problems and teach students to know about application and be able to use the computer lab
Senior Student Government Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 26, 2016
 Answering phone calls, maintaining a clean environment in the office
 Filling administrative documents and conducting interviews
 Data input for the department
 Organizing file cabinets and folders
 Mentoring and training new student assistants
 Involve in hiring process of student assistant employment selection
 Managing process for printing professional conference posters of graduate students
 Orienting student to many settings on the Boca Raton campus
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 25, 2016
I truly enjoy working at Florida Atlantic University. It is a great place to grow, learn and be around people who are committed to education. I have been at FAU in a professional role for over 3 years but have also worked at FAU while I was a student.
Florida Atlantic University is a great school!
Full Time Student (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 19, 2016
Florida Atlantic University is a great school!
I would recommend anyone to attend.
As a freshman , I have enjoyed most of my time here and I look forward to eventually graduating in 2019 with my bachelor's degree in exercise science and health promotion.
Pros
Free Scantrons
Cons
N/A
Coordinator ISSS (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 18, 2016
Florida Atlantic University is an excellent place to work. Great benefits and opportunities. I learned a great deal working for FAU and was involved with many departments. I loved my co-workers and the students were great to work with.
The work environment was good, The position I held allowed me room to learn.
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Office in Davie, FloridaApril 7, 2016
I was able to work in various departments and I was given great responsibility. I can say i really learned many skills.The management was good. All of my co-workers did what was expected and required of them.I had to drive to college campuses and the driving could be hard. The last time I went to a community college I was assigned to drive from Davie Florida to Orlando Florida in one day.
The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting and talking with students, and helping them to make life changing decisions.
Pros
Meeting professionals, event planning, motivating students.
Cons
Long drives
A Great launching pad for students
Broward Student Government (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMarch 16, 2016
These positions are a great launching pads for students to get experience before going into the work. A fine place to work at.
It is okay to work here.
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 6, 2016
The people who I work with are nice but the compensation is way too low. If compensation would have been fair it might be the plave you want to be at.
low moral
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 1, 2016
Department was torn apart over 1 year ago and all leadership was let go. Change management is a foreign term and everyone has been in limbo. Long term employees are grinning and bearing it.
Pros
state benefitsn and time off that rolls over
Cons
lower salary than private
Fun and productive
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLFebruary 29, 2016
Work includes home visits where I assess children under 11 years old in their development, in particular language skills.

4.2