Florida Atlantic University

Florida Atlantic University Employee Reviews

Department of Housing and Residential Life
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 5, 2016
Working for housing at FAU was an overall great experience. I had the opportunity to meet people from all over the world and established connections with those people. That was honestly the best part about my job. Everyday was different. We had different goals we had to fulfill on a weekly and monthly basis. This includes, but not limited to, designing floor decorations and programs for students, enriching the students with abilities to push themselves to work harder in school and to learn how to be a better person. The management in the housing building I worked in was very professional but also enjoyed having fun with our staff. The management above was not so great. They did not keep their promises and continually made changes to our protocol and job contract without letting their employees know.
Good benefits
Associate Director= (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 27, 2016
Long days, great team to work with Great benefits. No work life balance. There is great opportunity to advance especially if you are continuing your education.
Benefits
Cons
Work life balance
Nice experience and great flexibility
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 29, 2016
Nice environment to work surrounded with a lot of students where you feel very energetic and encouraged to work and develop skills for the rest of your life while pursuing graduate studies towards a better career advancement.
Graduate Assistant FAU
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 6, 2016
Currently, working as a graduate assistant for the health administration and department of management at Florida Atlantic University. Graduate assistant work usually includes updating powerpoint, grading exams, helping with publications and data tabulation, and facilitating in anything professors might need assistance with.
The work environment was good, The position I held allowed me room to learn.
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Office in Davie, FloridaApril 7, 2016
I was able to work in various departments and I was given great responsibility. I can say i really learned many skills.The management was good. All of my co-workers did what was expected and required of them.I had to drive to college campuses and the driving could be hard. The last time I went to a community college I was assigned to drive from Davie Florida to Orlando Florida in one day.
The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting and talking with students, and helping them to make life changing decisions.
Pros
Meeting professionals, event planning, motivating students.
Cons
Long drives
Wonderful Office environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 4, 2016
I enjoyed the interaction with the students and many departments within the University. The Colleges were helpful as was the supporting offices and Directors. I was promoted several times and always enjoyed interacting with my Director. He respected my opinion and sought my input for any changes coming our way. I always believed that my boss should not be "blindsided". I kept him in the "know" at all times.

I learned patience, improved my people skills and was respected by my immediate staff reports as well as by the other Managers.

Each Day at FAU was new. We never knew what was going to happen. Sometimes we spent half a day helping a distressed student. The best part of my job was when I had to deal with an upset student or parent and I was able to solve their problem and send them away with a smile on their face. That really made my day. It was my strong suit.
Pros
Good friends
Cons
Working extra hours
low moral
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 1, 2016
Department was torn apart over 1 year ago and all leadership was let go. Change management is a foreign term and everyone has been in limbo. Long term employees are grinning and bearing it.
Pros
state benefitsn and time off that rolls over
Cons
lower salary than private
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 23, 2016
There is a productive and fun work environment. The compensation is good and co-workers are good people. I would recommend working at this company.
Pros
Management, Co-workers, environment
Productive learning environment centered on student success
Writing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 4, 2016
My office facilitated the seeking of learning and sharing of knowledge that our alma mater is famous for. My fellow consultants and I were eager to work and share our knowledge and experience of the written word with students.
Coordinator ISSS (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 18, 2016
Florida Atlantic University is an excellent place to work. Great benefits and opportunities. I learned a great deal working for FAU and was involved with many departments. I loved my co-workers and the students were great to work with.
Florida Atlantic University is a great school!
Full Time Student (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 19, 2016
Florida Atlantic University is a great school!
I would recommend anyone to attend.
As a freshman , I have enjoyed most of my time here and I look forward to eventually graduating in 2019 with my bachelor's degree in exercise science and health promotion.
Pros
Free Scantrons
Cons
N/A
Professor of Trombone
Professor of Trombone (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 22, 2016
I teach nine private students trombone and euphonium lessons. Most of my students are undergraduate pursuing degrees in music education, performance, and various tracks in the commercial music fields
We have good opportunity to learn more skills and its completely based on individual effort
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 26, 2016
I have worked under the guidance of the Professor and learnt a lot of things. Here we have to work individually and find the solutions for all the problems. Working here makes us more perfect in basics.
Great Place
Business Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 22, 2016
I learned a lot about the details involved in working for a state run insitution. There is a lot of red tape that has to be approved before anything can be accomplished.
Great students and important mission.
Director, Student Health Services (Former Employee) –  Student Health ServicesSeptember 13, 2016
FAU serves many first generation college students from diverse backgrounds. It is an important mission and the students are great.
Senior Student Government Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 26, 2016
 Answering phone calls, maintaining a clean environment in the office
 Filling administrative documents and conducting interviews
 Data input for the department
 Organizing file cabinets and folders
 Mentoring and training new student assistants
 Involve in hiring process of student assistant employment selection
 Managing process for printing professional conference posters of graduate students
 Orienting student to many settings on the Boca Raton campus
Great to work as a student, not so great job culture
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 21, 2016
The work was not easy and required a lot of self motivation to set my own challenges as I was not challenged at all. I am happy to not work there anymore.
Great place to work!
Orientation leader (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 16, 2016
Florida Atlantic University creates the opportunity for full and part time students to work within its many departments!
Wonderful place to work
Instructor in the Department of Theatre and Dance (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 1, 2016
They provide a great environment for professors to teach their students challenging material and encourage students to grow in their field of study.
Fastest Improving University in the State of Florida
Assoc Vice President, Div of Public Service (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 15, 2016
The staff and faculty at this University are very student-centered, innovative, and caring. They work relationally and are focused on continuous improvement of services and resources for student success, research, and community engagement.

4.2