Florida Atlantic University

Florida Atlantic University United States Employee Reviews

Productive Place to work in Educational environment
Program Assistant (Current Employee), Davie, FLMay 3, 2015
Pros: Winter Break vacation
Cons: None
Stationed at front desk in a student health clinic for the university. Answer questions and schedule appointments to see provider on campus for students.
Great place to work overall
Email Marketing / Annual Giving Coordinator (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLApril 19, 2015
Wonderful university with a beautiful football stadium. Employees are outstanding. Work/life balance was not great in my position. Pay was significantly lower than similar jobs at other companies. Benefits were great, though.
Fun fast environment
Intern Director Operations and Football Operations (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLApril 8, 2015
While interning at Florida Atlantic University I learned about game day operations and all that goes into a college game day. I made the PSA list for game days, I set up the post meal for the players. I set up recruiting events during off season. the best part of my job was being able to work side by side with the Director of Operations and learn directly.
FAU sets the standard for high marks in professionalism for both students and staff alike.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FloridaApril 3, 2015
FAU is an excellent institution of higher learning that has significantly grown in stature and expertise in South Florida. A first rate faculty and staff makes this school a wonderful place for students and staff to grow and attain their objectives in expanding their horizons. A truly diverse student body makes teaching a most enjoyable experience!
Student turned Employee
Full Time Spanish Tutor (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLMarch 31, 2015
There are many jobs here but security at least for what I did was not guaranteed. But for students great place. They do not have many opportunities for students turned employees which hinders many students who want to work at the university.
Great Job
Operations Assistant (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLMarch 13, 2015
Great place to work, a lot of great people. Beautiful location. Management was really easy to get along with. Learned a lot about time management.
very productive, good place to work
Orientation Leader (Former Employee), Boca Raton FLMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches, free money for tuition
Enjoy to work with skilled people, help me to overcome my timorous.
My co workers always enjoy to help each other. The hardest part is working sometimes at the sun, but very good place to work as a student.
great job , poor managment
Budget development (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: athletic invovoment on a collegiate level
Cons: working for admin that have never coached a day in there lives
being a coach on the Division ! level is always exciting and fun. Unfortunately the environment can change quickly with the change over in administration.

In FAU case this was a disaster for the swimming program as the current admin is very unsupportive.
Great atmosphere
Graduate Research Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 17, 2015
Florida Atlantic University is a great place to learn and to work. The campus is beautiful and it is full of great people.
Good work for a student
Receptionist (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLFebruary 2, 2015
I was able to work there while attending school, which gave me flexibility with my classes and extracurricular activities.
Really great environment to learn
student (Former Employee), Boca Raton and DavieJanuary 31, 2015
Learning at Florida Atlantic University was very beneficial for me. It helped me to grow not only professionally, but personally as well. While attending there I learned from attentive teachers, gained great insight from energetic peers, and discovered many things about myself, including my strengths and weaknesses.
Fee Petition Manager/Fiscal Assistant (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJanuary 28, 2015
An environment of hard workers and willingness to achieve the tasks at hand.
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLDecember 16, 2014
• Prepared, administered and evaluated examinations, quizzes and assignments for over 280 students enrolled in “lecture capture” classes every semester.
• Recorded student grades in accordance with established deadlines.
• Organized and prepared course material displayed on Blackboard.
• Provided extra assistance to students with special needs including student athletes and students with physical and mental disabilities.
• Scheduled and maintained regular office hours to meet with students.
• Informed students of the procedures for completing and submitting course work.
• Met with supervisors to discuss students' grades and completed required grade-related paperwork.
• Initiated and monitored IT Help Desk tickets and Blackboard Help Desk Tickets.
Not a bad place
N/A (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLNovember 13, 2014
Management is a little distant from the lower people. raises are scarce. benefits aren't too bad.
Worked with children in a classroom setting.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLNovember 9, 2014
Helped children complete daily tasks and monitored them when teacher stepped out.
great place to work
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee), boca raton, fLOctober 30, 2014
Pros: excellent benefit
Cons: pay
work life balance was great. The Faculties and staff were exceptional to work with. It was rewarding helping student with course selection.
Great place to work with some of the nicest and most helpful people you will ever meet
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLOctober 30, 2014
friendly, passionate, funny and loyal employees with the most diverse student body in the state of Florida.
Supportive and productive environment
Administrative Assistant for UCEW and WAC Office (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLOctober 21, 2014
FAU is a great university to work at and with. Students are allowed to mold their work schedules around their classes, allowing them to concentrate on their studies as well as maintain the ability to work in an area typically affiliated with their field of study. Learning to work with peers under the guidance of well-educated mentors is a great opportunity.
Excellent company to work in, highly educated environment, good benefits.
Program Assistant, Admissions Office (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLOctober 11, 2014
Allows promotions, very good benefits. I must to left because I wanted get bak to college, and the work schedule doesn't allow to do it.
Motivational and Team work
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLSeptember 29, 2014
Guiding the students in performing the experiment and Organizing all the grades.

1 2 3 4 5

About Florida Atlantic University

Florida Atlantic University opened its doors in 1964 as the fifth public university in Florida. Today, the university serves 26,000 – Read more

Florida Atlantic University Salaries