Florida Atlantic University Employee Reviews in United States

low moral
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 1, 2016
Department was torn apart over 1 year ago and all leadership was let go. Change management is a foreign term and everyone has been in limbo. Long term employees are grinning and bearing it.
Pros
state benefitsn and time off that rolls over
Cons
lower salary than private
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 23, 2016
There is a productive and fun work environment. The compensation is good and co-workers are good people. I would recommend working at this company.
Pros
Management, Co-workers, environment
It is okay to work here.
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 6, 2016
The people who I work with are nice but the compensation is way too low. If compensation would have been fair it might be the plave you want to be at.
University working environment is the best!
Assistant Purchasing Director (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 26, 2015
I worked at FAU for over 20 years and loved it! Salary and promotions are better in some departments than others, but the benefits are great! Lots of sick and vacation time off, as well as great colleagues.
Pros
Benefits including healthcare, retirement and paid time off
Cons
Don't always promote from within
The work environment was good, The position I held allowed me room to learn.
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Office in Davie, FloridaApril 7, 2016
I was able to work in various departments and I was given great responsibility. I can say i really learned many skills.The management was good. All of my co-workers did what was expected and required of them.I had to drive to college campuses and the driving could be hard. The last time I went to a community college I was assigned to drive from Davie Florida to Orlando Florida in one day.
The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting and talking with students, and helping them to make life changing decisions.
Pros
Meeting professionals, event planning, motivating students.
Cons
Long drives
Enjoyable place to work where every day is different
Manager, Classification and Compensation (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 17, 2015
A great work environment that affords the chance to grow. Each day is different and you contribute so much to the college community. I learned different systems used on campus and was instrumental in introducing PeopleAdmin on campus.

My peers were very helpful and I enjoyed working with them. We all contributed to the common end.

Management was not always easy to read.
Pros
Electric atmosphere of a college campus
Cons
The salary was not the best
Senior Student Government Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 26, 2016
 Answering phone calls, maintaining a clean environment in the office
 Filling administrative documents and conducting interviews
 Data input for the department
 Organizing file cabinets and folders
 Mentoring and training new student assistants
 Involve in hiring process of student assistant employment selection
 Managing process for printing professional conference posters of graduate students
 Orienting student to many settings on the Boca Raton campus
Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 28, 2015
The compensation and benefits are great. The security of keeping a job is extremely tenuous. Management is sensitive.
Pros
Great Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Determining Expectations
Fastest Improving University in the State of Florida
Assoc Vice President, Div of Public Service (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 15, 2016
The staff and faculty at this University are very student-centered, innovative, and caring. They work relationally and are focused on continuous improvement of services and resources for student success, research, and community engagement.
Great place to work overall
Email Marketing / Annual Giving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 19, 2015
Wonderful university with a beautiful football stadium. Employees are outstanding. Work/life balance was not great in my position. Pay was significantly lower than similar jobs at other companies. Benefits were great, though.
Florida Atlantic University is a great school!
Full Time Student (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 19, 2016
Florida Atlantic University is a great school!
I would recommend anyone to attend.
As a freshman , I have enjoyed most of my time here and I look forward to eventually graduating in 2019 with my bachelor's degree in exercise science and health promotion.
Pros
Free Scantrons
Cons
N/A
Office Clerk
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 16, 2016
Keeping files on all the history majors at Florida Atlantic University. Aiding all the professors with daily schedules. Answering the phone for students wishing to speak with their professors and the chair of the department. Organizing the clubs and groups sponsored by the department.
Great working atmosphere
Program Assistant Purchasing Department (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 8, 2015
Never one day did I have any issues. Everyone there is friendly, their benefits are the Bomb! and the pay was fair. Nice experience
Good College
ASME Machine & Electrical Shop Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 12, 2015
Decent college. While some programs are better than others, it should said overall that the experience is what you make it. Work hard, and you wont have any problems.
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 25, 2016
I truly enjoy working at Florida Atlantic University. It is a great place to grow, learn and be around people who are committed to education. I have been at FAU in a professional role for over 3 years but have also worked at FAU while I was a student.
Coordinator ISSS (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 18, 2016
Florida Atlantic University is an excellent place to work. Great benefits and opportunities. I learned a great deal working for FAU and was involved with many departments. I loved my co-workers and the students were great to work with.
Good for getting nice connections
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 23, 2016
You are give the opportunity to be flexible with your schedule and they truly will help you graduate. You are given an office as well as access to the programs as long as you are a student.
Very productive for both children and counselors.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMay 20, 2016
Must be very active to keep up with kids. Help out with social activities as well as schoolwork. Fun parts are when you can partake in the activities with the children.
Exceptional place to work
Accountant- Fee Petition Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 12, 2015
Great location, benefits, and exceptional place to work. As long as you know your duties, no problems. I would recommend this location to anyone.
Benefits
Cons
Salary
I enjoyed working at florida atlantic univeristy
Office Assistant to the Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 31, 2016
I enjoyed interacting with students as well as professors on a day to day basis. A typical day would include sorting and distributing mail, as well as typing letters and answering questions, that a student may have.

4.2