Florida Atlantic University Employee Review

View all Florida Atlantic University reviews

Outstanding colleagues and Dean of Students
ASSOCIATE VICE PRESIDENT & DEAN OF STUDENTS OFFICE (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 2, 2014
A typical day involves handling calls from parents, students and /or directors from other departments requesting immediate help for their problems. I might be responding to a student's turmoil over an impending withdrawal from school, an angry, distraught parent, frantic about his/her child, arranging meetings, writing letters, managing students, maintaining calendars; providing direction, counsel, or guidance to any number of visitors to the Dean of Students office. My co-workers are professional, committed and caring to our population. My boss is a charismatic, amazing dedicated Dean who works tirelessly in our department and manages a united team. The hardest part of my job is not being able to help a student because his need may be out of my purview and the most enjoyable part is when a student feels encouraged, motivated or simply acknowledged by my short interaction with him.
Pros
Devoted staff

Other Florida Atlantic University Employee Reviews

It was fun working with some really talented and hard working people
Web Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 19, 2018
Worked on OmniUpdate , a Content Management System. Was working on a part-time job as a student , while completing MS in Computer Science. Got the opportunity to learn a new CMS tool.
I thoroughly enjoyed working here
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 17, 2018
The staff were always willing to help guide me in the right direction no matter how many times I needed assistance. As a group fitness instructor and personal trainer I had the opportunity to instruct multiple types of classes, train various clients, and continually learn more about fitness and health. The hardest part was the schedule as it can be a challenge to work you schedule around one or two hours that you must be there to teach or train. And also the salary is less than most places pay. However, the best part counteracts the challenges. The best part was the support from the managers. They clearly genuinely cared for all the employees and took time out of their days to help us advance. I am forever in debt to all that they have taught me and helped me to do.