Florida Atlantic University

Florida Atlantic University Employee Reviews

It is okay to work here.
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 6, 2016
The people who I work with are nice but the compensation is way too low. If compensation would have been fair it might be the plave you want to be at.
low moral
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 1, 2016
Department was torn apart over 1 year ago and all leadership was let go. Change management is a foreign term and everyone has been in limbo. Long term employees are grinning and bearing it.
Pros
state benefitsn and time off that rolls over
Cons
lower salary than private
Fun and productive
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLFebruary 29, 2016
Work includes home visits where I assess children under 11 years old in their development, in particular language skills.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 23, 2016
There is a productive and fun work environment. The compensation is good and co-workers are good people. I would recommend working at this company.
Pros
Management, Co-workers, environment
I enjoyed working at florida atlantic univeristy
Office Assistant to the Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 31, 2016
I enjoyed interacting with students as well as professors on a day to day basis. A typical day would include sorting and distributing mail, as well as typing letters and answering questions, that a student may have.
Productive academic envrionment
Geological Technician Experience (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 29, 2016
Supportive staff members
Department of Science welcoming
Some Buildings need maintenance
Learned to work closely with colleagues
Allocations of funds questionable
A good Place to Work
Front End Developer UX/UI - (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 5, 2016
Everyone is really nice, but the bureaucracy may be daunting. The fact that one department doesn't communicate with other departments is also a bit of a let down. Overall, a nice place to be.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Paid Parking
Productive and Fun Work/Study Place
Governor's Chief of Staff (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 2, 2016
Florida Atlantic University is amazing place to get your degree and work. A typical day at FAU it relaxing, different and exciting.
Productive and Fun Environment
Student Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 18, 2015
Overall great environment, staff are very professional and supporting. I loved working there and attending classes as an undergraduate.
Good College
ASME Machine & Electrical Shop Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 12, 2015
Decent college. While some programs are better than others, it should said overall that the experience is what you make it. Work hard, and you wont have any problems.
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 14, 2015
Wonderful work environment. Friendly co-workers. Learned a lot. Very productive and fun environment. Good place to work.
Work Study
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 2, 2015
Sit at the desk and open the door for students and visitors coming in, transfer calls, bring mail to students when requested. Was able to do homework when not busy with guests.
Pros
Could do homework on the job
Cons
No cons
Great experience, great connections
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 11, 2015
Working closely with professors was a great experience.
Lots of flexibility in terms of work hours.
Worked on several interesting projects.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
very low pay/low hours per week
Okay
Service/Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Boca CampusSeptember 9, 2015
I have been enjoy to serve the school students because I was obtaining undergraduate degree there. However, the work environment and culture were not great as I expected.
University working environment is the best!
Assistant Purchasing Director (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 26, 2015
I worked at FAU for over 20 years and loved it! Salary and promotions are better in some departments than others, but the benefits are great! Lots of sick and vacation time off, as well as great colleagues.
Pros
Benefits including healthcare, retirement and paid time off
Cons
Don't always promote from within
Great!
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 5, 2015
This job was very flexible and easygoing because they take into consideration that your are a student and they work with you. I love interacting with different people there.
Graduate Teaching Assistantship
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Department of Sociology, Boca Raton, FloridaJuly 7, 2015
I assisted in teaching several different classes from SociologicalTheory to a Seminar on Immigration where I gave lectures, answered student questions in and out of class. I also proctored exams and make-up exams.

Outside of teaching classes I held office hours for individual student consultations about grades and homework. I graded exams including essay questions and kept track of attendance.
Pros
Tuition paid for, living stipend
Cons
little time for myself
Enjoyable place to work where every day is different
Manager, Classification and Compensation (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 17, 2015
A great work environment that affords the chance to grow. Each day is different and you contribute so much to the college community. I learned different systems used on campus and was instrumental in introducing PeopleAdmin on campus.

My peers were very helpful and I enjoyed working with them. We all contributed to the common end.

Management was not always easy to read.
Pros
Electric atmosphere of a college campus
Cons
The salary was not the best
Great place
Learning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 15, 2015
FAU is a great place to work at for college students. It opens up career opportunities that most places do not. The hardest part of the job is the inflexible hours but everything is is perfect.
Great working atmosphere
Program Assistant Purchasing Department (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 8, 2015
Never one day did I have any issues. Everyone there is friendly, their benefits are the Bomb! and the pay was fair. Nice experience

4.2