Florida Atlantic University Employee Reviews

Overall great job experience
Program Board Marketing Chair (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 16, 2017
It's amazing to be able to work at the school you attend. I feel like it helps you meet people and take in the real college experience.
Friendly workplace
Sales (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 12, 2017
Co workers, and managment is very friendly and fed us snacks every football home game, i just wish hours where better and there was more to do in office
Pros
free snacks
Cons
limited/no hours
Professor of Trombone
Professor of Trombone (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 22, 2016
I teach nine private students trombone and euphonium lessons. Most of my students are undergraduate pursuing degrees in music education, performance, and various tracks in the commercial music fields
Productive learning environment centered on student success
Writing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 4, 2016
My office facilitated the seeking of learning and sharing of knowledge that our alma mater is famous for. My fellow consultants and I were eager to work and share our knowledge and experience of the written word with students.
Department of Housing and Residential Life
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 5, 2016
Working for housing at FAU was an overall great experience. I had the opportunity to meet people from all over the world and established connections with those people. That was honestly the best part about my job. Everyday was different. We had different goals we had to fulfill on a weekly and monthly basis. This includes, but not limited to, designing floor decorations and programs for students, enriching the students with abilities to push themselves to work harder in school and to learn how to be a better person. The management in the housing building I worked in was very professional but also enjoyed having fun with our staff. The management above was not so great. They did not keep their promises and continually made changes to our protocol and job contract without letting their employees know.
Nice experience and great flexibility
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 29, 2016
Nice environment to work surrounded with a lot of students where you feel very energetic and encouraged to work and develop skills for the rest of your life while pursuing graduate studies towards a better career advancement.
Good benefits
Associate Director= (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 27, 2016
Long days, great team to work with Great benefits. No work life balance. There is great opportunity to advance especially if you are continuing your education.
Benefits
Cons
Work life balance
Great Place
Business Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 22, 2016
I learned a lot about the details involved in working for a state run insitution. There is a lot of red tape that has to be approved before anything can be accomplished.
Great students and important mission.
Director, Student Health Services (Former Employee) –  Student Health ServicesSeptember 13, 2016
FAU serves many first generation college students from diverse backgrounds. It is an important mission and the students are great.
Great to work as a student, not so great job culture
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 21, 2016
The work was not easy and required a lot of self motivation to set my own challenges as I was not challenged at all. I am happy to not work there anymore.

Want to know more about Florida Atlantic University?

Ask a question
Great place to work!
Orientation leader (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 16, 2016
Florida Atlantic University creates the opportunity for full and part time students to work within its many departments!
We have good opportunity to learn more skills and its completely based on individual effort
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 26, 2016
I have worked under the guidance of the Professor and learnt a lot of things. Here we have to work individually and find the solutions for all the problems. Working here makes us more perfect in basics.
Graduate Assistant FAU
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 6, 2016
Currently, working as a graduate assistant for the health administration and department of management at Florida Atlantic University. Graduate assistant work usually includes updating powerpoint, grading exams, helping with publications and data tabulation, and facilitating in anything professors might need assistance with.
Wonderful Office environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 4, 2016
I enjoyed the interaction with the students and many departments within the University. The Colleges were helpful as was the supporting offices and Directors. I was promoted several times and always enjoyed interacting with my Director. He respected my opinion and sought my input for any changes coming our way. I always believed that my boss should not be "blindsided". I kept him in the "know" at all times.

I learned patience, improved my people skills and was respected by my immediate staff reports as well as by the other Managers.

Each Day at FAU was new. We never knew what was going to happen. Sometimes we spent half a day helping a distressed student. The best part of my job was when I had to deal with an upset student or parent and I was able to solve their problem and send them away with a smile on their face. That really made my day. It was my strong suit.
Pros
Good friends
Cons
Working extra hours
Wonderful place to work
Instructor in the Department of Theatre and Dance (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 1, 2016
They provide a great environment for professors to teach their students challenging material and encourage students to grow in their field of study.
Good for getting nice connections
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 23, 2016
You are give the opportunity to be flexible with your schedule and they truly will help you graduate. You are given an office as well as access to the programs as long as you are a student.
Very productive for both children and counselors.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMay 20, 2016
Must be very active to keep up with kids. Help out with social activities as well as schoolwork. Fun parts are when you can partake in the activities with the children.
Office Clerk
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 16, 2016
Keeping files on all the history majors at Florida Atlantic University. Aiding all the professors with daily schedules. Answering the phone for students wishing to speak with their professors and the chair of the department. Organizing the clubs and groups sponsored by the department.
Fastest Improving University in the State of Florida
Assoc Vice President, Div of Public Service (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 15, 2016
The staff and faculty at this University are very student-centered, innovative, and caring. They work relationally and are focused on continuous improvement of services and resources for student success, research, and community engagement.
helping student and faculty
Lab Supervisor and Student Assistant/ Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 6, 2016
worked at computer lab as to help desk and solve problems and teach students to know about application and be able to use the computer lab

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Atlantic University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2