Florida Atlantic University

Florida Atlantic University Employer Reviews

Supportive of education
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLOctober 1, 2012
This was a wonderful introduction into school psychology and being a researcher. I opted for a slightly different route, however, am still using what I learned to this day.
A great place to work.
Visiting Professor (Former Employee), Port St. Lucie and Jupiter campusesSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: the professional atmosphere
Cons: none.
I loved working at FAU. The students, for the most part, wanted to learn. The administration was very supportive. I wish I could find another job like the job I had at FAU!
Administrative office at state university
Coordinator (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLAugust 5, 2012
Pros: great mentor in office head
Cons: small team
* Small office environment
* Managing and securing sensitive information
* Participated in investigations, gaining experience and knowledge
* Promoted after 2 years
productive and fun
Student Teacher (Former Employee), boca raton, flJuly 12, 2012
I loved the work I did for this company. I learned alot working with the high school students. the job is more about experience than it is pay.
Florida Atlantic University
Graduate Student Assistant (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJuly 4, 2012
Being an assistant to a graduate student was a learning experience. It can be quite enjoyable.
Great way to learn customer service skills
Secretary (Former Employee), Davie, FLJuly 3, 2012
I volunteered here for two months as a secretary for an associate professor. It was a great learning experience. I did the typical assistant work, filling papers, data entry, emailing, and answering and making phone calls.
good place to work
Fiscal Assistant (Current Employee), boca raton flJune 7, 2012
process tution payment customer service most enjoyable was christmas break
Great Place to Work But Low Salaries
Coordinator (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJune 6, 2012
Pros: university culture
Cons: low pay, bad management
Working at a university is great- you are encouraged to take part in university events on campus and interacting with young students keeps your mind fresh.
interesting research
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLMay 12, 2012
interesting projects but just to slow of a pace for me. also did not feed my competitive drive
Great place to work with great co workers
Senior Fiscal Assistant (Current Employee), Jupiter, FLMay 7, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: low salary
This is the ideal place to be if you do not want a challenging environment. The staff are very laid back and there is work as usually which is very productive.There is always a lot of work to keep you busy, but there was not enough compensation.
Friendly environment with friendly customers.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLApril 28, 2012
Pros: helping customers, entertaining the students.
Cons: unorganized management, unprofessional workers.
Nice friendly work environment with customers who enjoy relaxing here playing a little pool, board games, watching TV and/or using the computer lab for studying. What I've learned form this job is how to better my people skills, give out important and accurate information that's needed. The co-workers with whom i work with, only a hand full of them – more... are professional about what they do and are great and fantastic to work with. Others are not so professional at times and are never willing to work as a team which is something not just some of us should but every single one of us should do. The hardest part of this job is sometimes trying to keep angry and upset customers calm after they've been repeatedly given the wrong information. In other words, trying to fix what someone else on campus has messed up is the hardest part of my job. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the smiles on peoples faces after i'm done helping them, the smiles and laughter I share with the students here at my job is my top reason for showing up for work everyday. – less
Could be a fun place if management really cared about workers not just the business they bring in or retain.
Registration Officer (Former Employee), Davie, FLApril 28, 2012
Pros: benefits are excellent. paid holidays.
Cons: workspace not conducive to workplace security.
The University does not require equal accountability in all departments where workload issues are concerned especially when transitioning into new system databases which I might add here has been problematic. In the name of student retention the University has placed too much of a burden on specific departments while allowing others to seemingly "slack – more... off." Recent budget cuts in what is being termed, "The Great Recession", has placed an unfair burden on some departments to "carry the torch" and in some cases greater departmental and individual justification. The University was not doing enough to work out these issues and help improve/streamline cumbersome procedures, policies, and practices in order to ensure that specific departments that were viewed as having a greater impact and direct correlation to student retention were not being overworked thus creating low workplace morale. You were not even allowed to think about it much less speak about it. Specific departments and offices were given preferential treatment in respect to their workspace designs and working environments. – less
Clerical/Office
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FloridaApril 16, 2012
Greet patients and check them in for their scheduled appointment times. File, scan, and index patient medical records. Answer phones and forward calls and answer clinic related questions. Kept waiting room area clean and organized.
Great experience working in creative services
Video/After Effects Editor (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLApril 3, 2012
Working here I completed the biggest project I've ever undertaken as an editor. A great deal of organization and planning went into completing my responsibilities. A lot of editing and after effects work. Challenging but, great experience
Growing school and working community
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLMarch 10, 2012
FAU is still in it's growing stages but continues to improve each year as a school with community pride and a more organized work environment
A very nice university with diversification.
research assistant (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FloridaMarch 7, 2012
This university is specific. It is focus on engineering and application science. Faculty and staff are nice and friendly.
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee), Boca RatonJanuary 23, 2012
Pros: get classes paid, extended usage of library books, and free gym
Cons: low income. no room to grow
It is nice to work with educated people, and get the benefit of going to school and getting the classes paid for.
Classification & Compensation Manager (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FlJanuary 19, 2012
Pros: great benefits, univ pays for employess to attend college at fau
Cons: often low pay
Great place to work and attend school. FAU pays for college courses and this is such a great opportuity for employees to improve their life situation. Benefits are great also
Culturaly diverse work enviroment
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Boca Raton Univ.December 14, 2011
Pros: great health benifits
Cons: poor compensation. almost no room for advancement
an array different design jobs. small little to no room for advancement. Evaluation is based on time employed on the job and not skill a productivity.
Very Professional place to work
Exec. Secretary (Former Employee), Ft. Lauderdale, FLDecember 8, 2011
Pros: great community events, chance to meet local state representatives
Cons: pay was not comparable
I enjoyed working with the Assistant VP of University Advancement Dept. and other staff and enjoyed meeting many interesting and professional people.

About Florida Atlantic University

Florida Atlantic University opened its doors in 1964 as the fifth public university in Florida. Today, the university serves 26,000 – Read more