Florida Atlantic University

Florida Atlantic University Employee Reviews

Boca Raton is beautiful, gradschool is hard work but worth the effort
Research/Teaching Assistant, Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLAugust 26, 2013
Pros: study math, get paid
Cons: math is beautiful, but hard.
Gradschool at the math department was a great experience. You meet truly smart people there. At times dealing with advisors is challenging but it is expected.
Some nice people
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Boca Raton flaAugust 22, 2013
Pros: co-workers, parties, students
Cons: management
Input data enter the school website for the medical students.
Very Professional
Office Assistant - CCJ Dept (Former Employee), BOCA RATONAugust 19, 2013
Answer incoming phone calls and redirecting phone calls if needed, make copies, labels, envelopes, and contact cards. File, organize office and work area and assist the supervisor, professors, as well as the director of the department when need be.
Evaluation of Florida Atlantic University
Computer Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLAugust 6, 2013
Pros: work in non-pressure environment
Cons: basically stuck doing same job tasks for past several years
Florida Atlantic University has allowed me to self learn for the most part, Crystal Reports, used in reporting and in fine tuning skills with Visual Basic .NET and SQL. I am very independent worker, and my supervisor hardly ever requests any reports or other task. Each day, I go through a checklist of items I am following up on and try to get some programming tasks completed. My co-workers in the office are nice and help support the complete operations of the department. I think the hardest part of the job is waiting for answers, (i.e. call backs) from support or others helping on an issue or question. The enjoyable part of the job is being able to write programs to accomplish a certain task or project.
Great Workplace.
Computer Support Specialist/IT (Former Employee), Jupiter, FLJuly 30, 2013
Pros: percentage of tuition paid
FAU values education before work. They will always tell you to put school first. If homework is due or exam is coming up, take time off.
Library (former employee)
Senior Library Technical Assistant (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJuly 28, 2013
Pros: good medical benefits
Cons: supervision, discrimination
It was a good place to work until I had a black co-worker that decided to use her race to get what she wants. She would yell at me saying that I disrespected her. I didn't even have to be interacting with her. I believe she was offended because I could do my job extremely well, the student employees liked me, I learned other positions within my department and was a hard worker. Several times when she was yelling at me, I would notified our supervisor. It ended up that I was moved from my department to reference but still"performed" my duties. However, the work dwindled as time passed. I ended up spending my days searching for other jobs. From what I hear it has gotten worse. I am glad I am out of there and sympathize with my former co-workers that are still there.
Program Assistant at FAU
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLJuly 22, 2013
This position at FAU involved a little bit of everything. I assisted with student registration, student health records, financial aid, student id cards, etc. I found it very exciting to work with the students and seeing them achieve their goals.

Unfortunately, this campus location closed down.
Tutor for difficult courses
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJuly 17, 2013
Supplemental instructor. Helped students with hard to learn topics. Held tutoring sessions three times a week.
Great University
Student (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJune 21, 2013
I thoroughly enjoy what I study and am very happy with my decision to study at FAU.
FAU
Teaching Assistant- General Chemistry Lab (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJune 18, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: travel costs
The school was very good about working with your schedule and my co-workers were pleasant and helpful.
I gained a lot of experience in teaching and lab management as well as student management.
The hardest part of the job was the large amount of paperwork.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the students.
Learned a lot!
Full Research Assistantship (Former Employee), Dania Beach, FLMay 28, 2013
Pros: funding available for research.
Cons: zero help for job placement after graduation
Great professors for Ocean Engineering program. Good place to work.
It's FAU.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLMay 28, 2013
In order to work there, you need a good sense of humor. If you don't have one, the bureaucracy can drive you crazy.
Productive workplace
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLMay 24, 2013
Activities and task varied depending on the conferences. Different projects were assigned according to time constraints. Regular work day was fun. I had the opportunity to interact with proffesionals from other instutions in Latin America and Europe. I was able to organize and prepare three conferences in Latin America. The team was small so everyone had to be committed.
Very good job for a graduate student
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLMay 5, 2013
Rewarding teaching experience, with great tuition benefits.
Computer Applications Specialist (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLApril 29, 2013
If I was not relocating, there would be no reason to leave. Hard working and friendly co-workers.
Overall great learning experience
Graduate Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FloridaMarch 17, 2013
Researched restrictive cardiomyopathy (RCM) using a mouse model containing the arginine to histidine missense mutation at position 193 of cardiac troponin I (cTnI). The mouse model cTnI193His has impaired relaxation which can be analyzed via echocardiography through pulse wave Doppler imaging.

Objectives included:
*Determining the mechanism behind disease progression and sudden death as well as investigating some therapeutic options for the treatment of that disease.
*Using PCR to identify the transgenic mice and analyzed their cardiac function via echocardiography.
Great University.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Boca RatonMarch 1, 2013
Graduate teaching assistant program, fantastic experience.
very productive
Student Health Services (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FloridaJanuary 23, 2013
I have learned a lot about be a student health assistant. It has a very friendly environment.
Family Feeling
Veterans' Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Bosa Raton, FLJanuary 16, 2013
Worked there as a Student great place to work. Co workers were great.
I miss it
Senior Secretary (Former Employee), Davie, FLJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: i cannot get back in
I loved working here and reluctantly left due to mandatory student teaching to complete my degree. The staff was excellent, the benefits were great, the hours were great, and working with college students was great. I have searched for another opening since I left. There is very little turn around in my job experience because it is such a great employment opportunity. They pay could be better, but the perks make up for it.

About Florida Atlantic University

Florida Atlantic University opened its doors in 1964 as the fifth public university in Florida. Today, the university serves 26,000 – Read more

Florida Atlantic University Salaries