Florida Blood Services

Florida Blood Services United States Employee Reviews

blood bank
Laboratory Tech Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 14, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
warehouse setup blood comes in and spin it down into different components. next day test all components and label if good and ship off to hospitals
Enjoyable and meaningful
Donor Service Specialist/Apheresis (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: meaningful
Cons: standing most of the day.
I enjoyed working here. Gave me a sense of accomplishment. Got to meet interesting people everyday. The days seemed long because we were standing. Breaks were few. Often worked through lunch to get the job done. Didn't really mind because of the nature of the job.
I loved working with a team
Bloodmobile Phlebotomist/Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 23, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: sometimes waking up very early
I truly enjoyed the team spirit of being on a bloodmobile. I also was great with teenagers when we went to do blood drives at High Schools.
By far, the best organization I have worked for.
Compatibility Lab Manager (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 30, 2013
Pros: exciting work atmosphere
Excellent management from the top on down. I supervised a transfusion service at a 1200 bed level 1 Trauma, Transplant, Teaching Medical Center. Very busy and exciting work. Hardest part of the job was keeping the physicians happy. Most of them had unrealistic expectations.
Great place to work.
Accountant, Second Level (Former Employee), St. Petersburg, FlAugust 15, 2013
My co-workers are great our benefits are good. My entire department was laid off and that is why I am looking for a new career.
No longer exhists
Technical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 29, 2013
It was decent in most ways, the job was easy and the managers were flexible. The company started merging with more and more blood banks however and is no longer the same place.
Enjoyed working at Florida Blood Services
TECHNICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 22, 2013
Learned a lot about what to eat and what not to eat from our technologiest. Also learned the the importance of donating blood and how it saves lives on a daily basis.
Part Time job where you are helping the community
Telerecruiter (Former Employee), St. Petersburg, FLJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: the satisfaction that i was helping people.
Cons: no medical insurance, had to eat at you desk, freezing cold work area
The manager was very rude and was known as one who would gossip so much that Human Resources held a meeting and informed her that what she was doing was wrong. The hours were from 3pm until 8:15 Mon. to Thurs.. and 1 Fr., Sat. and Sun from 10 until 2. Those hours were changed to Tues. and Thurs.until 9pm. The hardest part of the job was trying to talk to the donors while the manager was yelling or talking on her cellphone. The blood donors were very nice people that gave ''the gift of life''. Also the co-workers generally were easy to get along with. It was not a team, due to the fact that the manager had favorites which required different duties and less restrictions. I learned about the most needed blood components and the necessity of blood donations and platelets. There was no typical day because despite the hours that the center was scheduled for they can be changed whenever the manager wanted.
Great place to work for lazy people
Technical Assistant (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLDecember 10, 2012
Pros: total job security......
Cons: ......at the expense of coworkers!
Don't get me wrong, FBS is a great company to work for. They offer great pay, especially in the lower level positions. My biggest issue is with management. Basically, an employee can pretty much do whatever they want and not be reprimanded. There are some who consistently come in late, play around on the computer and generally be lazy when there's work to be done, leaving it their coworkers to pick up the slack. There are 2 people in my position (myself and a lab assistant), on my shift. I end up doing 80-90% of the work load. After MANY discussions with my manager from me and others on my shift she refuses to do anything about it.
enjoyed working at the Blood Bank
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 9, 2012
Pros: freedom of self directive position
Cons: sometimes no breaks or lunches.
1. A fast paced place to work
2. i learned how challenging it can be to purchase other blood banks and combine and work smoothly
3. Management was challenging
4. i enjoyed all of my coworkers
5. Delivering supplies and dealing with the traffic
6. Learning the processes of a blood bank, reorganizing the inventory.
HORRIBLE
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLOctober 8, 2012
Pros: great donors and great cause~
Cons: the donor services district manager
The management at FBS is HORRIBLE!!! I love phlebotomy, co-workers, donors.. but the management is a complete disgrace. I left this company after only 9 months. Management is all about quid pro quo. If you want a promotion, you better kiss someones you know what. There are underqualified and incompitant employees being promoted there because theyre drones and theyre the only ones kissing it and not leaving. You should really look into and consider the turn over rate this company has before you waste your time.
a very nice work place.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 26, 2012
Everybody there is very nice and reasonable. They make sure their employers do the right things.
Fun place to work, loved the people.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), st pete, FlJune 18, 2012
Pros: great money
Cons: very long hours and days, no time for family.
I loved my work at FBS, It was a great experience, the best part was the Donors, because you had all walks of life, I loved doing phlebotomy.