Florida Blue

Florida Blue Employer Reviews

Fun workplace
Service Advocate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 8, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Florida Blue. The managers made sure there was some type of team building exercises done. There were also many outside work activities such as sports, that we could participate in.
They have SDLC down to a Science.
Programmer Analyst III (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 8, 2014
Pros: followed sdlc and was structured to support it.
Cons: tight deadlines for most work.
Company structured to effectively accomplish the SDLC life cycle. I really enjoyed the work and my co-workers.
I learned XML for COBOL programs and used MQ Series extensively.
Develope and Maintain System Requirements for CRM Application.
System Analyst II (Former Employee), IT CRMJune 20, 2014
Pros: always something new and exciting to learn and various areas and people you work with.
Cons: some business partners are unfamiliar with the system and process flows are not well documented.
Setup and Attend JAR/JAD sessions for project(s) assigned. Document meeting notes from Sessions. Develop/maintain System Use Case/Supplementary specifications based on requirements gathering during sessions. Review design requirements with Architect, developers and tester to ensure completeness. Finalize review of requirements with Business, Developers – more... and Tester. Update Management on status and maintain status upgrades on system for Project Management team.

Review code when necessary to perform analysis on current system functionality. Extract data reports for Business Partners as needed and perform analysis for production issues.

Meet with architects and developers to determine best practices and solutions for system enhancements. – less
INCEPTURE/FLORIDA BLUE
Medical Review Nurse / Hedis Project (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 18, 2014
Pros: the department provided free coffee.
The work environment is very friendly and warm.
Management was great. Learned more about the Hedis Project 2014 this year.
Enterprise transforming
IT Business Analyst V (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 11, 2014
Florida Blue is a in a state of transformation due to changes in the global marketplace and competitive landscape for insurance products and services.
Ok Place to work.
Service Advocate II (Bi-lingual) (Former Employee), jacksonville flJune 9, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: not enough benefit
Definitely a good learning experience, built new relationship with the Hispanic community good teamwork .
Nice people to work with, are not helpful with family emergencies
credentialing specialist (Current Employee), jacksonville, flMay 27, 2014
Great people to work with in a team environment, i unfortunately had 2 family deaths back to back and management was not helpful with giving me a day off for the funeral. The job overall was a easy job to accomplish.
Very political workplace
Business Analyst (Current Employee), jacksonville FloridaMay 22, 2014
I have loved working as a business analyst with Florida blue but was not pleased with how hiring is done in the company . You need to know people to get hired and stay in the job
Employee focused culture
Licensed Sales Agent (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 19, 2014
Industry Leader in the Health Insurance industry. Innovative company focused on being a trendsetter.
Productive and exciting career
Service Advocate (Former Employee), Jacksonville flMay 6, 2014
I loved being employed with Florida Blue because I love working with people.
Great place to work.
Sr. QA Testing Specialist - Lead (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 29, 2014
I have been at Florida Blue for 3 years. It is a great place to work. Currently it is going through some restructuring and have to see where the company is headed.
gossip, drama, and very unprofessional.
Service Advocate (Former Employee), Tampa, FloridaApril 28, 2014
Cons: everything
Unable to assist members when they call for assistance, they have to be connected to so many different vendors that Florida Blue paid to do an unprofessional job, that made the job more challenging to provide the FIVE STAR SERVICE. Training lady is none knowledgeable about the position you are being hired for. Just get the experience and move on to – more... a better company. – less
cooperative and productive workplace but very little job security
Software Testing Specialist/QA Analyst (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 23, 2014
The management was good while any release at the door but always have to be very much aware of the security of the job as they dont prefer to give notices to the employees before laying them off.
productive and fun workplace
Displaced (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 15, 2014
Pros: beautiful campus, gym on-site, medical clinic on-site, 3 cafeterias, several community volunteer opportunities
Cons: some negative publicicy
I loved working for Florida Blue. No day was the same in spite of common tasks. Everyone I worked with was friendly, even strangers in the elevators always smiled and spoke up. I learned to be independent while also being a team player. I learned to voice my opinions and ideas. Nothing about my job was too hard; maybe just getting others to follow-thru – more... on deadlines so I could follow-thru on my own. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. I loved going to our weekly meetings and working with the team in one place. I loved that I had certain assignments which allowed me to work with individuals. In a short time, I developed not only good working relationships, but also friends. Florida Blue is an awesome place to work! – less
florida blue does NOT pay their sales agent!
sales agent (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 9, 2014
Pros: on campus cafeteria
Cons: dont pay sales agents their commissions
Florida blue doesn't pay their sales agents and they don't care about their customers...sad place to work...not long before Florida blue starts laying off and goes under!
Innovative and Great Work Life Balance Company with Organization Reorg
Marketing Integration and Business Support (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FlApril 6, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: organizational reorg
Great work life management and innovative ideas encouraged. Room for growth with reorganization and industry shifts.
PEGA System Architect
PEGA System Architect (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 4, 2014
Certified PEGA PRPC System Architect having 7 years of experience in IT Industry with 4+ years of experience in design and development of large scale Business Process Management (BPM) and Business Rules Engines (BRE) applications using PEGA Systems PEGA Rules Process Commander (PRPC).
Helping Members understand and solve their issues was the best part.
Member Svc Advocate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 2, 2014
Pros: i got a free umbrella :)
Cons: they made us feel to expendible
The pressure was high and people would disappear all around you so it made it a very stressful environment. So you have fun getting to know your co-workers building working relationships. You take joy and pride in helping your members out to solve everything they need in one call. Even the hard calls are rewarding. On a daily basis I would answer benefit – more... questions, explain claims, help them make adjustments or corrections with providers. I would help the members locate new providers in their area for what ever type assistance they needed. Help them navigate through their website or just help them set it up. – less
Full workday of production activity
Provider Enrollment Operations Analyst II (Former Employee), Jacksonville FloridaMarch 28, 2014
My day started with reviewing of the Medicare Part A/Part B Change Request (CR) and Technical Direction Letter (TDL) and the implements of CR and TDL's that are issued by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). This consist of researching Federal and State Medical Policies, such as the Federal Regulation, State of California, Florida, – more... Hawaii, Nevada.

I also develop work instruction for new/revised CMS processing requirements and communicate changes to staff, develop training materials for training staff and/or management staff.

The management staff was very helpful with any issues that were encountered during researching for specific information from other Medicare Carriers. The relationship between my co-workers and myself was very respectful.

The hardest part of the job was very rare, I get satisfaction from my job when I received a "good job done" from my peers. – less
Great Benefits
Service Advocate II (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 26, 2014
Great company to work for. Amazing training curriculum.
Great lunchroom.

1 2 3

About Florida Blue

Your Health Solutions Company We’re here for the people of Florida with every aspect of their health and wellness—from – Read more

Florida Blue Photos