Florida Blue Employee Reviews

okay place to work
Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 25, 2017
I enjoyed the training better than the actual job itself once we got on the floor. the team was cool but the management had an issue showing favoritism and didn't abide by the open door policy.
Nice place to work and learn a lot
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 24, 2017
fun place to work and stress relief activities on campus and good team coordination.
management was top notch and has freedom to do and learn new technologies,.
But follows old technologies, but heard they are adapting new technologies.
Good People, Good Culture, Poor advancement, Poor communication
WORKFORCE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 23, 2017
The typical work day is fast paced and interesting. I have attained many skills there and appreciate the ability to learn. Very inclusive workplace. When it comes to business, the environment can be far to employee-centered causing business failure. far to many "bad apples" allowed to remain in positions that hinder business units and individuals from being successful.
No work life balance
Business Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32246May 23, 2017
Depending on the time of year and boss, work life balance doesn't exist, job promotions don't exist, and you're expected to work 15 hrs worth of work in one day. Heaven help you if you're a salary employee.
Pros
Benefits first day you start
Cons
Everything else
n/a
Licensed insurance agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 18, 2017
I really enjoyed my time with the company. I would say they have a really good working environment and they really care about there employees and there health. They have awesome amenities for the emloyees like a gym, soccer field, basketball courts its great.
Great working environment, weak compensation program
Bilingual Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 8, 2017
It is a great organization to work for. However, the compensation plan is not competitive with the market. High turnover ratio and poor employee moral due to poor management.
Pros
Great environment.
Cons
Weak compensation plan and poor management.
Florida blue
Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 5, 2017
The Florida Blue company is appealing to work for from the outside looking in. However, the lack of integrity of the leaders that are in place compromise the promise of a long term career.
Pros
Cafeteria, spacious cubicle
Cons
Lack of culture, poor leadership, micro management
Limited Long-Term Positions
Data Coordinator - Contract (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 4, 2017
There are a lot of temporary positions available; however, there are very few permanent positions. The work environment is very clean and usually quiet.
Pros
Nice work environment.
Cons
No long term possibility.
Pleasant until the end
Concurrent Review Support Lead (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 28, 2017
Very family oriented company. Pay and benefits were great and the company looks out for employees. Some managers operate with ulterior motives which makes the workplace uncomfortable
Pros
Culture is great
Cons
Too much of who you know as opposed to what you know
Excellent opportunity to gain HEDIS review experience
HEDIS Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 28, 2017
I worked a 13 week contract at Florida Blue, through a staffing agency. As a HEDIS review nurse, I was able to abstract qualifying information from members medical records to assist Florida Blue to maintain good Star ratings with NCQA and CMS. I enjoyed my job, my co-workers were friendly, and management showed interest and concern with maintaining a friendly workplace.
Pros
Adequate cubicle space, up-to-date computers and software, onsite IT assistance
Cons
Frequent process changes
The Best Place to Work
Analyst II - Sales Administration (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 27, 2017
I worked here for 50% of my life. I learned so much about Healthcare Insurance. I obtain new skills and am now able to use them in my everyday life. This job provided me with great networking opportunity as well a lasting friendly relations. I enjoyed working with my internal and external clients. This was a great place to work and grow.
Pros
Benefits, Perks, Skill Building, Strong Relationship Building
Advocate Associate for Research
Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 25, 2017
First check all emails from the day before to pick up from where you left off. Make all necessary phone calls and return all email respond as its in your power to do. Go in the system to research your new assignments and make necessary request for check or send out inform new letter to the customers to let them know changes has been made.
Challenging ... And Rewarding
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 23, 2017
10+ years employee. I was able to take on as much accountability and responsibility as I wanted. It came with the requirement to deliver, though. Some may not agree or had the same experience, but I had control over my work-life balance. As long as I managed my work, my non-work life was never impacted. The pay is commensurate with the level of responsibility and contributions to success. Not at the high end but also well above the bottom end.
Pros
Challenging work; Rewards for accomplishments
Good Place to work
Insurance Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Clermont, FLApril 19, 2017
good place to work
Management does not really help out.
Also we do not have a lot of room to grow unless you are willing to relocate to jacksonville
no opportunity for growth
Licensed Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 9, 2017
It was a dead end job. I worked for this company as a top agent for almost three years perfect attendance and exceeded every goal. I watched people get promoted based on who they know not their credentials.
Con-Artist
Sales Agents (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 7, 2017
The main problem I have with FB is they selective choose which sales agents are successful, and which are not. They make sure those agents get the better calls so they can reach their goals. Everybody else has to suffer with non sales calls, while listening to their co-workers get sale after sale. Not only does this impact your income, but your morale, the shift you work, and whether or not you a have a job. Favoritism to say the least. Job security is a joke, unless you are one of the favorites. Also management doesn't have a clue, from the CEO to the sales floor, they all are clueless as to what it is going on. I've had customer after customer call me and tell me what a joke FB is, as they try to unravel a billing screw up, or try to cancel their plan etc. I was there four years and one of the best days of my life was when I left FB in my rear view mirror.
Pros
The air you are allowed to breathe while you are there.
Cons
Compensation constantly changing, Shift bids, managers, ridiculous sales goals, nit-picking on every call.
Call center
SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 5, 2017
Working call center was the hardest for me. I just didnt like sitting all day talking on the phone. I like to get up move around and work on hands on projects.
Pros
Beautiful campus
Cons
temp agency
postie work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 4, 2017
Very inserting i was able to learn a lot of new things. Management was good and always there when you needed them. Best part of the day was always being around my coworkers.
Flexible Hours and excellent skills in training
Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 1, 2017
The work space is very secluded allowing the job to be much easier when gaining great customer service. The company provides excellent flexible hours in which helped me for school and my child daycare hours.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Worked through a temp service
Challenging place to work. You will never get bored.
Service Advocate IV (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 31, 2017
Great Place to work, except for the past 6 months the overtime is a little much. The management team has been able to do what a lot of other Insurance Companies have been unable to do, figure a way to stay on the exchange and finally make a profit. The hardest part is never knowing what you will be asked to do next. Which can also be an enjoyable part, if you like a challenge.
Pros
Solid and Stable
Cons
A lot of changes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Blue. Our community is ready to answer.