Florida Cancer Specialists

Florida Cancer Specialists Employee Reviews

Growing Company, Good Benefits
Corporate Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 12, 2017
Located all over Florida, corporate office in Fort Myers.This company is growing quickly.
They are great in some areas, not so good in others.
good benefits. Long hours, high stress,
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No breaks, penalized for sick time
Great job, poor management, no team players
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLAugust 15, 2016
As the company gets bigger, employee benefits get worse. The insurance that they offer, non-managment employees, is not worth it. The out of pocket/deductibles are too high. In the case of the Port Charlotte office, patients are treated like a number. Co-workers talk bad about you taking time to really help the patients or to help each other. If you like drama, getting your nose in other peoples business, spending your time in between patients looking at social media, and being a slacker, than the Port Charlotte office is for you. I tried my best to work there and care for the patients. The patients are wonderful! The Doctors and Nurse Practitioners are great to work for and are wonderful to their patients. The job itself I loved! Unfortunately, nothing is done about poor teamwork in the individual departments or the office as a whole. Huge lack of teamwork, unless you don't want to work.
Pros
Wonderful doctors, wonderful patients
Cons
Weak supervisor, no team work, short breaks, weak benefits
great employees
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 16, 2016
loved the people who worked there. loved the patients and clean work environment, with great health benefits. Management was hard and no advancement. And low raise increases.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Poor Management
Needs a lot of work
Claims Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 27, 2017
The claims department needs a lot of work. Most of the supervisors don't know what they're doing and are very inconsistent. They pick and choose who gets certain privileges. New ideas and plans get thrown around almost daily but never get executed or get executed very poorly. Little to no recognition for a job well done. Lots and lots of broken and empty promises including promises of promotions and bonuses. Overall I would not recommend working here to anyone, at least not in the claims department. It's sad because this was a nice place to work at one point.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Everything else
Loved my job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLFebruary 16, 2017
I really felt like I was making a difference in patients lives. You definitely become close to them. My co-workers were for the most part pretty good teammates. The doctors are absolutely amazing. They talked to you like a person not someone beneath them.
Downside was poor management team all the way up to the top. Favoritism was apparent at the door. If you didn't brown nose then you were micromanaged under a microscope literally. Very difficult to advance as well.
I enjoyed my job though.
Pros
Free lunches/breakfast, fancy dinners
Cons
Management team
Enjoyed patient interaction
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 18, 2017
Their view on team word is not working as a team. Each person is out for themselfs. Inexperienced office management. New pollicies pushed out the best employees. You cant have a family life. Get sick or have more than 3 family issues your out. Big turnover rate. Unhappy employees
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks as lisyed in hand book. Only lunch
Rn
RN physician practice nurse (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLSeptember 28, 2016
Months before FCS took over the West Palm Beach practice the lies started. Promises of " any equipment you need" to vague job descriptions. The confusion continued and all job responsibilities are for all employees. I did not go to nursing school to scan and "index" documents into patients records. I can understand helping but this is everyone's responsibility. Job descriptions vary for the same clinic roles; depending on where you work. Micro-managing and favoritism runs rampant to the point of reverse discrimination. Survey monkey anonymous employee sureveys are not anonymous. I received a phone call from Human Resources after I honestly filled out a survey with a bad comment in it. I worked there for the patients, they made my day. I left there after I felt my purpose for being there was being abused and compromised. Co-workers constantly complaining and running to management and minimal teamwork.
Look at all the reviews...how can you honestly want to work somewhere where the pros are lunch daily from drug reps.
Pros
Cancer patients are amazing!!
Cons
Lack of teamwork, micro-managing, favoritism
Turn over..
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 18, 2016
The entire culture of this company is all about how much money you can collect from patients. Intimidation and constant write ups are one strategy supervisors use to keep everyone on edge. Full of drama. No appreciation for a job well done. No clean room or sterility handling. Never ever will I recommend this company. If I get cancer in the future they would be the last place I go, Your a number not a patient, Purchasing all companies with no clue how to run it. Over billing Medicaid/Medicare for services not performed. No ethics.
Pros
Some days drug reps bring food
Cons
Challenging clientele with unique interactions.
Lead RN (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 12, 2016
Working at FCS has been a blessing. Each day I find that the interactions with the patients are so rewarding. One must be prepared to juggle numerous tasks at one time and ensure that treatment is provided in a safe and efficient way. My coworkers provide support and are ready to lend a helping hand to meet our outcomes. The hardest part of the job is when the patient wants to discuss end of life measures. They reflect on their life and some are accepting and others are in denial and angry. However, with each of these emotions, as a nurse you learn when to comfort and when to allow the patient space. The most enjoyable part of the job would be when patients return for follow up visits and just come by the infusion center to give me a hug and a big smile. You know then that you have made a difference in the life of that person.
Pros
Monday - Friday; 8-5; Working with excellent caring Doctors!
Cons
Dealing with potential death on a daily basis.
Overall a great company to work for
LPN (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLSeptember 11, 2016
That being said, the company tries to make every office (out of it's 9 90 something offices statewide) uniform. That's never going to happen. Some managers are super micro managers and some are very easy to work with. My particular office is run by an office manager and head nurse that are very micro managers. I had the opportunity to work at others that are actually quite nice. Most of my co workers are very nice. Which says a lot considering it is a female dominated staff. Doctors are very nice to work with and very personable.
Pros
Daily lunches, learn a lot about hematology and oncology
Cons
only break you get really is a 30min lunch; not much other free time
good benefits and pay
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lady Lake, FLAugust 8, 2015
Work in a high volume office that is more concerned about patient volume. Chronically understaffed. Our employees are constantly sent to other offices will significantly less volume which leaves our office understaffed and overworked. The office manger has no clinical knowledge therefore does not understand patient flow. Patients wait time can be hours. Get yelled at by patients because of the wait times. The office manager directs patient scheduling so it is no help to the clinical side to direct patient flow. The doctors patients are scheduled at 3-4 patients every 15 minutes. Slow time of year at least 60 patients per doctor and busy time can be up to 90 patients per day. That is not proper patient care. Employees have to work long hours to take care of the load and company complains about overtime. More of a cattle run than anything else. All offices that were traveled to were the same way.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Poor management, understaffed, and too many patients scheduled per day
Close to home
Patient Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLJanuary 22, 2017
Busy office, liked meeting patients, enjoyed learning new computer software, friendly staff, pleasant working environment, learning how to schedule patients was a tad difficult.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Temp position
Great staff, awesome patients
Chemotherapy Infusion Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLJanuary 31, 2017
Challenging environment, fast paced, easy to maintain IV and infusion skills. downside was toward the end not as many patients due to multiple offices within 10 mile radius
Non=productive workplace, extremely stressful and such a lack of Managment support
Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FL 34102July 8, 2016
You walk into the unknown on a daily basis. it's a non-productive workplace. There is such a lack of professionalism and work ethic from upper Management and Physicians. The check-in desk is Non-HIPAA Compliant. The patient lobby is too small for the patient volume in the clinic and the patient restroom is non-patient accessible for wheelchair bound patients. Daily complaints from patients brought to upper Management and still nothing was done about it. I learned that it was a battle I was not going to win. Therefore, I had to walk away from it. I learned that although I was told Management would be there for support, she really wasn't! Most of my co-workers were good people, but tainted. A lot of favoritism goes on between Physicians and upper Management towards staff members. That it's very obvious. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the daily patient and staff complaints knowing there was nothing that I could do to fix the problems or address the issues due to the lack of support from upper Management. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of patients!
The workload is ridiculous
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLJune 30, 2016
Chronically understaffed. Your hard work will not be appreciated. They expect overtime each day. Management is poor. Under paid for the amount of responsibilities you have. Worst place ever.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Work load, management is poor, not good for a mom with kids.
Poor management
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLAugust 22, 2016
Poor management with no respect for staff or employees
Such a bad atmosphere
Tons of gossiping and back stabbing
Management is worst I've ever seen
Such a bad company to work for
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Horrible work morals
Bonita springs office horrible management
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bonita springsAugust 13, 2016
Everything gets burshed underneath the table ...feel horrible for patients ...doctor's are good with patients...staff great to work with....but they need new management...high employee turn over...
Pros
Lunch ...
Cons
You're a number not an employee. It's all about the bottom line!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 6, 2016
Quantity over quality is the name of the game in this organization. How many patients can we jam in a clinic before everything hits the ceiling? Too much going on for the little that does go on. Chaos theory and survivalism exists in this organization. No wonder upper level management has a hard time keeping the reigns on what seems to be a ridiculously high turnover.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Too Much OT / No Work-Family Life
Too much micro managing in corporate over um dept
UM DEPT/CORPORATE (Former Employee) –  FORT MYERS, FLJanuary 20, 2013
You are subject to "stupervisors" walking up and down the isles with clicker pens and steno pads peeking and staring in your cubicle all day long!! Very intimidating they are !!! Micro management at its worse!!!!!! They need to do away with all of the managers, my dept had 4 alone and let the people do their jobs. You are treated like a child with no brain and the managers under the upper managent are like puppets on a string. Could be a great place to work if you got rid of all of those micro managers, by the way that have no idea of how to do the actual job.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
too much micro managing
Short and sweet
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLOctober 4, 2016
My short few weeks were awesome and I learned so much from a busy place. I would not have asked for a better place to do my externship at. High spirted work place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Cancer Specialists. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8