Florida Cancer Specialists Employee Reviews

Fcs
Scheduler Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 2, 2018
Not a bad place to work at all - especially if you love helping people. Patients are mostly AMAZING, coworkers not so much. You’ll have friends, you’ll have people you’re not fond of. Typical work environment. Decent pay compared to opponents.
Wonderful place to work!!
PATIENT SERVICES SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Sebastian, FLDecember 29, 2017
The Vero Beach/Sebastian is a wonderful office, the doctors treat you with compassion, the managers expect the work to get done smoothly and quick paced but make sure you have the training and tools you need to succeed in your job. Great place to work!!
Pros
Free lunches, occasional free dinners
Working with Cancer patients in an Oncology centre
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLDecember 20, 2017
there was a lot to learn about Oncology medications and their side effects, understanding the different cancers we were treating, a lot of Phlebotomy which I enjoy doing. Job ended because of a misunderstanding with Human Resource Manager/
Pros
free lunches, lots to learn
Cons
corporate atmosphere
productive and fast paced
Patient Service Specialist-PSS (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLDecember 16, 2017
very fast paced, heavy phones, sometimes could be very clickish, heavy customer volume, some coworkers are very hard workers others like to tslk all day
Pros
free lunches
Great work place
Pharmacy Nurse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort. Myers, FloridaDecember 5, 2017
It is a fast paced and collaborative workplace. Everyone worked together in an amazing team effort. The benefits were excellent. Employees were treated with core values by management and set an example for other employees to treat each other.
Pros
Free lunches, sporting events, fundraisers
Cons
Medical insurance
Good place, fast paced
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 28, 2017
I've worked three different front desk positions. Whenever one was available, I would go for it. I would check-in/check-out patients, schedule their STAT and ASAP appointments, schedule blood transfusions, go over rx details to be sure the patients left with everything they needed, and collect payments. In my last front desk position there, I prepared new patient files and retrieve all necessary documents required for their first visit with our physician. I learned how to organize my time in a fast paced environment. The hardest part of the job was scheduling STAT and ASAP orders back to back which resulted on a line at times. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with great staff and meeting patients and helping get through chemotherapy treatments.
Pros
Free lunches, great staff
Cons
Short breaks, stressful environment
Fast-paced infusion clinic/doctor's office
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 28, 2017
A typical day as an infusion nurse:
Prepare for the day by stocking and cleaning anything that was not already done the night before. Stock the nursing station,IV carts, IV supplies,blankets,snack station,etc. Spike and tube bags. Review the list of incoming patients and prepare paperwork (pt teaching materials,consent,etc) for new patients or new regimens for existing pts. Each nurse takes a chart as they come in- he/she will assess the pt and review the orders, get permission from the Doctor to proceed. He or she will then gain peripheral or mid-line access. Prepare the pre-meds (anti-nausea,Benedryl,etc). Have orders double checked and turn them in to the on-site chemo pharmacy. Take another chart. Each nurse will take a total of 7-12 pts each day; depending on the census. Pts are monitored closely during infusion. Switch bags as needed until the treatment is done. Pt teaching is provided as needed. Refer to needed resources such as nutritionist or social services. End of day- clean all chairs and work surfaces with appropriate cleansers. Plug in the pumps. Clear any obvious debris and make sure area is safe. Restock supplies. The day is VERY fast paced and you will be on your feet 90% of the time. Team work is ESSENTIAL. Patient safety is always a priority. The nurses do get close to the patients, and feel a great deal of sadness when a pt is deceased, but he/she must hold it together and be strong for the next patient. You have to find a way to deal with the sadness and not let it overwhelm you. It is an amazing job and I would highly recommend it to any nurse that has
  more... a true love for their patients, and a strong desire to help them get through a very difficulty time in their lives.  less
Pros
free lunches, team work atmosphere, friendly staff, rewarding
Cons
stressful
Poor management
Senior Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 9, 2017
Great place to work if you love a fast paced environment which I do. Management had a lot of infighting and made it a bit dog eat dog. Not all managers were that way I just ended up with "the one". Otherwise, I would have been a lifer there.
great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 8, 2017
Great company. Dedicated to providing the best treatment for patients. Locations through out the state of Florida. Growing and expanding locations very quickly.
Love this place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 7, 2017
Love everything about this place. Great place to work, great people, awesome employee perks. They really appreciate their employees and patients. The only thing I would say is that it takes a little getting used to at first, because of the busy days during the week. You really need to pay attention to detail while not wasting time.
Pros
Cons
Stressful, fast paced
My favorite job ever.
Managed Care / Financial Counselor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 23, 2017
We were a family. Co-worker worked together for the same cause. We aimed for greatness together. We were able to learned so much because our Doctors were willing to take the time for their staff. The hardest part of this job was when a patient did not come in for their chemo and later knowing they had pass the night before. Holidays were so enjoyable. We made it fun for so many patients who were suffering from a terminal illness, Just to see them laugh and live for at least that moment meant the world the us.
Pros
meeting so many amazing people
Cons
watching them pass
Fun place
Director - Infrastructure Development (Former Employee) –  Fort meyers, FLSeptember 6, 2017
Involved in improving the infrastructure of the company. The working hours were crazy and it was difficult to balance life and work. The management is close loop.
Productive and relaxed
CphT / REMS Benefits Verification (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL 33916September 2, 2017
A very relaxed environment, open door policy is very true. I enjoy going to work daily. They offer fun things to do as a company to help us get to know each other.
Pros
Company lunches
Cons
Rules Change alot
Excellent exposure to busy schedule
Radiation Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLAugust 28, 2017
This was a very fast-paced environment. They stayed on schedule and it was an excellent learning experience. The therapists work very well together, are professional and treat patients with compassion.
Best place I ever worked
Patient Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 22, 2017
FCS is honestly like one big happy family, and a great team. You can always depend on your coworkers. My position however didn't grant me the benefits the part-time or full-time positions had. I am a PRN (as needed) but I was treated equally and always given hours when they needed a staff member. This position works best with my current college schedule. And I may be applying for FCS once I graduate.
Pros
Free Lunches and Breakfast; insurance; 15 minute breaks;
Cons
Can be very busy
Corporation Managed
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 3, 2017
I enjoyed FCS it was just dealing with the multiple physician personalities that was stressful, they were very disrespectful to management. Staff is always great and benefits are decent.
Pros
Great company and environment
Cons
Physicians
Busy
Medical (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLJuly 23, 2017
A fast paced environment. Staff willing to teach and explain processes. Patients received the care and compassion needed during difficult situations.
Florida Cancer
BCBS Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 16, 2017
Florida Cancer of Fort Myers, Florida is a quickly growing corporation whose dedicated physicians provide excellent oncology/radiation to their patients.
summary
Financial Counselor Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 10, 2017
the departments are very segregated and the management can be very closed off despite the "open door" policy they claim to have. The training could be better.
Cons
insufficient training, salary
Rewarding Job
RN (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJuly 3, 2017
I love my patients, that is the reason that I go to work everyday. I enjoy my co-workers and we all work together for the greater good of the patient. although sad at times, it has given me a greater appreciation for my own life.
Pros
catered lunches, great doctors
Cons
understaffed at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Cancer Specialists. Our community is ready to answer.