FLORIDA CANCER SPECIALISTS Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent Employer
Assist physicians (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMarch 17, 2016
An excellent employer that allows you to make a great living while helping others. This company has great leadership and provide support in all areas.
Great Place to work.
PRN Radiation Therapist, Current (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 3, 2016
Amazing staff, the patient's always come first and everyone is treated with dignity and respect. All smiles, all the time!
Pros
Free breakfast and lunches at certain locations
very caring company
SR Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 27, 2016
great company, cares about employees; progressive; senior leadership is focused on taking care of staff; patient care is the top priority
Pros
dedicated staff
Cons
healthcare costs
Productive an a great place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 27, 2016
It's a very busy place to work but very rewarding, Great staff an Co-Workers, The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you give the best of care to the patients, Management is good, the day goes by fast because you are busy through out the day, The hardest part of the job to me is seeing the patients leave
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
None at this time
Loved Working at Fl Cancer specialists and Research
Management of all (Former Employee) –  Lakewood Ranch, FLJanuary 15, 2016
The hardest part of my job was to see a patient failing on chemo therapy; however on the other hand the best days were when a patient went into remission. Coworkers were all very loving and kind.
horrible work enviroment-horrible patient care
Office manager (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLDecember 9, 2015
I worked for this company for 6 months after working for a competitor for 6 yrs. FCS has no moral or ethical boundaries. The entire culture of this company is all about how much money you can collect from patients. Intimidation and constant write ups are one strategy supervisors use to keep employee's on edge at all times.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
horrible work experience
Very disorganized management
rn (Former Employee) –  Sarasota- DowntownNovember 2, 2015
A constantly changing environment that allows for improper patient care. The flow and care of patients is changed on a daily basis.
Professional and well ran office
CPhT & Chemotherapy I.V. Technician specialists (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLOctober 31, 2015
Overall, FCS was a great company to work for, many of the employees were fair, well educated and compassionate to the patients/staff.
I loved being a part of helping to "heal" patients or help them obtain their drugs for free through the many patient assistance programs that were available. I utilised and helped patients financially, sometimes making their treatment and anxiety level much easier for them to deal with.
Pros
became close to patients and shared many hopes/dreams and tears
Cons
became close to patients and shared many hopes/dreams and tears...double edged sword
Promotes autonomy ; a place where you can excel
RN (Current Employee) –  Bonita SpringsSeptember 15, 2015
Provides a challenging and rewarding work environment. There are multiple complicated cases and opportunities to expand your skills and knowledge. Physicians are easy to work with. Great team of coworkers.
Pros
patients are amazing, pay scale
Cons
very busy office, at times safety is compromised
Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLSeptember 4, 2015
work your butt lifting boxes. No appreciation for a job well done. Do over 200 chemos a day. Repetitive and destructive to hands and body. No clean room or sterility handling. Impossible to get a day off because your the one and only technician. Never ever will I recommend this company. If I get cancer in the future they would be the last place I go, Your a number not a patient, Purchasing all companies with no clue how to run it. Over billing Medicaid/Medicare for services not performed!!! Awful, awful company
Pros
free lunches most days
Cons
no breaks, heavy lifting management was the worst! No clean room or sterility when compounding
Avoid this franchise
Medical (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 3, 2015
From both having had a family member managed by them and as a professional, I have been to two separate cities.Even called Corporate, with no response. Our family member was not informed of a great deal and management clinical was more than once rude and insensitive.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Unprofessional, insensitive, corporate conveyor belt medicine.
A challenging place of employment- a great learning experience
Trainer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 29, 2015
I enjoyed working along side with colleagues and learned a lot from them. Sharing knowledge of medical billing procedures is a difficult task.
Pros
Met wonderful people and was able to share medical billing knowledge
Cons
Healthcare
very stressful, busy clinic.
Head Nurse (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLAugust 27, 2015
Patients very demanding, not a lot of support from upper management. Felt like it was all about money and not getting enough staff.
Pros
I enjoyed being head nurse
Cons
not enough staff, pay was below what I was used to.
I love my job and what I do.
Senior Corporate Accountant (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 26, 2015
The benefits are good. I have learned to use other software. I have moved up in the company after a year of working there. I have excelled in my positions. My co-workers are very pleasantful to work with. over all I love my job and what I do.
Compassionate care for cancer patients
RN, OCN (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 19, 2015
Florida Cancer Specialists fostered a caring atmosphere for patients and family members dealing with life threatening diagnoses. The staff worked very hard to make each patient feel as if they were the most important person. Relationships were built with the patients and their families which made the process more personal for them.
Pros
Building relationships with the patients, good pay and benefits
Cons
short staffed
good benefits and pay
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lady Lake, FLAugust 8, 2015
Work in a high volume office that is more concerned about patient volume. Chronically understaffed. Our employees are constantly sent to other offices will significantly less volume which leaves our office understaffed and overworked. The office manger has no clinical knowledge therefore does not understand patient flow. Patients wait time can be hours. Get yelled at by patients because of the wait times. The office manager directs patient scheduling so it is no help to the clinical side to direct patient flow. The doctors patients are scheduled at 3-4 patients every 15 minutes. Slow time of year at least 60 patients per doctor and busy time can be up to 90 patients per day. That is not proper patient care. Employees have to work long hours to take care of the load and company complains about overtime. More of a cattle run than anything else. All offices that were traveled to were the same way.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Poor management, understaffed, and too many patients scheduled per day
this is a very warm, fun incrediable place to work, a place where you always have perspectiveand no matter how bad a day you think it could be worse,,
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLJuly 27, 2015
Work is very enjoyable, working here is like being part of a family we laugh together and we cry together,..this is all included with the staff,management and of course the patients
I have never worked for Onconlogy it is very interesting and you learn something new everyday.
The hardest part of my job is when I find out we have lost one of our patients to Cancer..
The best part of my job is finding out one of them has beaten Cancer!!
Pros
Good people and free lunches
Cons
the realities
Good people to work with
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 25, 2015
It is a clean, safe and fun environment to work and they are willing to help you learn new skills.
Management is good and the co-workers work well together
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Chances for advancement are not too good
heart felt place to work
Medical Assistant-Dr (Current Employee) –  Atlantis, FLJune 17, 2015
From patient check in to check out the medical assistant is there to provide services. Start with vital signs, reviewing medical information, lab work, putting patient in exam rooms, filling out medical paperwork, phone lines, voice mail, e-mails and assisting the doctor in the office.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
sometimes no lunch break
Great company to work for.
Global A/P Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 18, 2015
They do a really good job at caring for the patients and for their employees. They are not afraid of change & are always seeking to further the company's interests for the benefit of the patients that they serve.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits, company get-togethers, good work-ethics