Florida Career College Employee Reviews

Very caring school...care about their students very much!
Instructor for Health Services Administration (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 5, 2016
The Director of Education was very professional and great to work for. She always showed appreciation for her faculty and cared for her students. She knows them all by name and really pushes for their success. She is a genuine individual who puts her heart and soul into her position.
Pros
Great faculty to work with
Cons
Too late at night to finish
Horrible
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJuly 1, 2016
They do not care about the students. Management make you work overtime without paying you for it. The environment is hostile. They make you push for numbers even if it is not in the student's best interest. Management is abusive talking and treating their employees any type of way. This job deserves 0 stars.
Pros
It's a job
Horrible Job
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLApril 21, 2016
I have always been successful in every job I have held.. worked here for 6 months , with very little training and expected to work miracles with non traditional students. If you can talk them into spending 4x the tuition for a mediocre education, and can work around several obstacles... and have them actually start school then you can stay there. But,many obstacles that come your way are out of your control, but they dont care. First job I have ever been fired from in 47 years! Dont get comfy... no job security!
Pros
helping others
Cons
no job security, horrible training
Stressful
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMay 4, 2016
The stress levels are very high and projects are not well managed. One thing I was always against was the fact that the students were forced to make monthly payments to pay back the additional loan while enrolled, whether they were able to afford it or not.
Pros
Excellent medical benefits and 401k
Cons
Unethical, Politics, unstable, no job security etc...
Challengin Place To Work
College Recruiter/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 19, 2016
This company is selling education. As an instructor you are required to have passing grades to students who attend class, even if they don't grasp the concept of the class.
Pros
Work only Four Days Weekly
Cons
Fraudulant Company
School filed for Bankruptcy
Admissions Representative/ College Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 16, 2016
I worked for this school and they were the most corrupt people. I wasnt getting paid and the people we rude and high pressure sales tactics to get people to enroll
Pros
met great people
Cons
bankruptcy
Quite an interactive staff
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lauderdale Lakes, FLApril 15, 2016
Can be stressful due to management. Very good multicultural staff with good interaction. All year school without breaks.
Pros
good fun times especially in the am prior to classs starting
Cons
never know when you will be laid off
communications
student (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 10, 2016
learned alot, some teachers maybe hard but helps you learn by throwing different questions that makes you think, my current job is demanding and the hardest part would be the traffic because i go places that
downhill
IEC/UEI (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 19, 2016
used to be great now its not , very overworked and unappreciated the management does not care anymore and moral is way down in all departments.
Educational setting, fair learning environment.
Network Engineer/PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, FLJanuary 26, 2016
Such a great experience at Florida Career College, great people, loving instructors, understandable ED. Very fast learning pace, great teamwork, supportive administration, High goals for students, great resources. Awesome library.
Pros
Great Friends
Cons
Very cold environment
loved it
Current Student (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 19, 2016
Great place to go to school and a great place to learn. Teachers are well informed and wiling to work with you and give extra help after class if needed.
Good work culture...
Student Service Representative/Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 7, 2016
Staff was always kind, courteous and professional to students. Students were the number one focus in all programs. Management was consistently supportive to administration and staff. Gave many job opportunities for students at our campus.
Great Place To Work
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 3, 2016
Respectful managers, great opportunity. Since I started, I noticed it was going to be a great opportunity. I have learn a lot on how to be a manager if someday I get there.
Excellent work environment
Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Kendall, FLMarch 1, 2016
My typical day include teaching student, practicing skill in the clinical labs, enjoying the learning environment and having fun during lunch time with my co-workers.
Productivity
Senior Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 8, 2015
I was one of the top college admissions representatives at Florida Career College. My overall experience was great. I have a great passion for helping and changing students' lives, but there was a lack of motivation among among employees. •

A typical day at work was great
My co-workers were pleasant
The hardest part of the job is not able to help someone who is willing to go and start school.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting with new people
Pros
Great experience
Cons
No raise. Over two years. The company failed to compensate the admissions reps.
Admissions
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLOctober 23, 2015
I love working at FCC Hialeah because of the cultute. Out coworkers genuinely care about one another. Working in admissions is a tough job and you have to have a passion for helping others in order for you to work their. It's a numbers game but you just have to not let it get to you. There are emotional ups and downs that come with the position. But extremely rewarding.
There are constant changes that make it kind of hard to reach your goal but it's not impossible.
Cons
the hours.
Productive and Competitive
Telemarketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Lauderdale Lakes Fl 33319October 15, 2015
My typical day at work consist of dialing out to perspective student that maybe interested in education and making appointments for campus tours. I learned how to challenge myself to work to the best of my ability. my co workers where full of laughter and happiness it was a beautiful environment to work. Hardest part of the job is not making your number most enjoyable part of the job is when the bell rang and your name was called that you made and enrollment and change someones life.7
Learning environment
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 26, 2016
Lecturing
Hands on clinical skills
Make lesson plans and testing material
Tutoring
Assist with preparing for state certification examinations
breif summary
Work study, administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 7, 2015
working here while attending school was a great experience for me as well as getting an education i was able to utilize a lot of my front office administrative skills answering phone, faxing, filing , ect
Not a nice place to work
Business Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 16, 2015
The staff itself was amazing - loved working with them - however hours were awful and the amount of work the expected people to do was way more than your average job. Upper management was very very hard to deal with and talk to. No help whatsover
Pros
staff was great
Cons
I could go on and on

2.8