Florida Career College Employee Reviews

School filed for Bankruptcy
Admissions Representative/ College Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 16, 2016
I worked for this school and they were the most corrupt people. I wasnt getting paid and the people we rude and high pressure sales tactics to get people to enroll
Pros
met great people
Cons
bankruptcy
communications
student (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 10, 2016
learned alot, some teachers maybe hard but helps you learn by throwing different questions that makes you think, my current job is demanding and the hardest part would be the traffic because i go places that
Stressful
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMay 4, 2016
The stress levels are very high and projects are not well managed. One thing I was always against was the fact that the students were forced to make monthly payments to pay back the additional loan while enrolled, whether they were able to afford it or not.
Pros
Excellent medical benefits and 401k
Cons
Unethical, Politics, unstable, no job security etc...
Horrible Job
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLApril 21, 2016
I have always been successful in every job I have held.. worked here for 6 months , with very little training and expected to work miracles with non traditional students. If you can talk them into spending 4x the tuition for a mediocre education, and can work around several obstacles... and have them actually start school then you can stay there. But,many obstacles that come your way are out of your control, but they dont care. First job I have ever been fired from in 47 years! Dont get comfy... no job security!
Pros
helping others
Cons
no job security, horrible training
Quite an interactive staff
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lauderdale Lakes, FLApril 15, 2016
Can be stressful due to management. Very good multicultural staff with good interaction. All year school without breaks.
Pros
good fun times especially in the am prior to classs starting
Cons
never know when you will be laid off
Great Place To Work
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 3, 2016
Respectful managers, great opportunity. Since I started, I noticed it was going to be a great opportunity. I have learn a lot on how to be a manager if someday I get there.
Excellent work environment
Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Kendall, FLMarch 1, 2016
My typical day include teaching student, practicing skill in the clinical labs, enjoying the learning environment and having fun during lunch time with my co-workers.
Good work culture...
Student Service Representative/Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 7, 2016
Staff was always kind, courteous and professional to students. Students were the number one focus in all programs. Management was consistently supportive to administration and staff. Gave many job opportunities for students at our campus.
Learning environment
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 26, 2016
Lecturing
Hands on clinical skills
Make lesson plans and testing material
Tutoring
Assist with preparing for state certification examinations
Educational setting, fair learning environment.
Network Engineer/PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, FLJanuary 26, 2016
Such a great experience at Florida Career College, great people, loving instructors, understandable ED. Very fast learning pace, great teamwork, supportive administration, High goals for students, great resources. Awesome library.
Pros
Great Friends
Cons
Very cold environment
This was a school.
Medical Coding and Billing (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 18, 2016
The teachers were great but the promises that were made to me where lyes. The pay that we would be making after school was lyes.
Fcc
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lauderhill, FLDecember 10, 2015
The organization was a good place of employment. The managers assist students when they deemed necessary. There were a lot of students at the campus.
Great Job For College Student
College Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLDecember 9, 2015
Great Pay exciting location inside mall kiosk....I would recommend to anyone in school looking for employment. The managers are excellent work well with employees.
Pros
Great Pay, Good Location
breif summary
Work study, administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 7, 2015
working here while attending school was a great experience for me as well as getting an education i was able to utilize a lot of my front office administrative skills answering phone, faxing, filing , ect
Fcc
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLNovember 20, 2015
They expect you to do more than your job and treat you bad. They don't appreciate there employees, no employee loyalty. They take out there frustration out on there employees.
Cons
no compasion
Productivity
Senior Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 8, 2015
I was one of the top college admissions representatives at Florida Career College. My overall experience was great. I have a great passion for helping and changing students' lives, but there was a lack of motivation among among employees. •

A typical day at work was great
My co-workers were pleasant
The hardest part of the job is not able to help someone who is willing to go and start school.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting with new people
Pros
Great experience
Cons
No raise. Over two years. The company failed to compensate the admissions reps.
Loved it
Call Center Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lauderdale Lakes, FLNovember 8, 2015
This was one of the best jobs I have ever had. the supervisors were great and the pay rate was wonderful. I really wish they didn't close down
Working with students is wonderful
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLNovember 1, 2015
Management and Company to not care about there employees. Management is rude and disrespectful. There is no long term potential for employment here.
Admissions
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLOctober 23, 2015
I love working at FCC Hialeah because of the cultute. Out coworkers genuinely care about one another. Working in admissions is a tough job and you have to have a passion for helping others in order for you to work their. It's a numbers game but you just have to not let it get to you. There are emotional ups and downs that come with the position. But extremely rewarding.
There are constant changes that make it kind of hard to reach your goal but it's not impossible.
Cons
the hours.
Difficult
BUSINESS SOLUTIONS CONSULTANT / CAREER ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 16, 2015
It was extremely difficult to work at FCC Kendall due to the lack of opportunity for growth. Very little room and opportunity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Career College. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8