Florida Career College Employee Reviews

Cosmetology Instructor (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 8, 2017
Nothing to review. this is a place where you would have to find out if it works for you or against you. Relaxed working environment but cut-throat....
culture is poor
Xray/MA Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 1, 2017
no leadership, no room for advancement poor employee training no motivation to do your job daily meetings that donot fix the problems at hand. cant wait to change
Adjunct Nursing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJuly 29, 2017
not the best or the worst college to work for
people are generally nice
Poor staffing at times
Needs to pay it s staff for what they do
not enough compensation
College Experience
Federal Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 12, 2017
This College had a lot of Management problems. College are not famous for representing the students interests even when they say that they are all about that, this one is not different.
worst place to work at
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2017
Some people are great but management is horrible. And dont let me get started with the students. Some are decent but the majority are a lost cause. If you're wanting to work for a dictating, micro-managing, unappreciative company then this is the place for you.
A place you can become the CEO of your department!
HVAC Program Chair (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FL 33024July 5, 2017
The college that cares and the college that works with their students so they may obtain a Career the students can be PROUD of!!! Management provides training which is a major part of the culture!
Pros
Promotions basied on what you do!
Cons
Have to take lunch break!
A good coompany to work for
Default Prevention Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lauderdale Lakes, FLJune 26, 2017
I enjoy my time at FCC, that brought me while I was a student and hire me prement. I work with a good team in the Default Prevention Department. Everything was great until I was layoff.
Pros
Worked a four day week
Cons
Fcc is great for me (and it can be a game changer for you!)
INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 15, 2017
From the Executive Director down to the Director of Education (who continues to amaze others on a daily basis with her smile, endless energy, ability to problem solve, show tough love to both students and employees, and some how remarkably knows every student by name AND can leap tall buildings in a single bound (well maybe not that last one....but you get the idea) to the incredible Admissions/Financial/Career/Education services, the Business office and the Rockin' Registrar's office, this Campus is one big HAPPY FAMILY, who GENUINELY cares for their "extended" family...the students.

This place is not for the light-hearted or easily offended. It is hard work for employees and students alike, but it is WORTH IT! Yes, it may seem about the numbers, but really what job isn't? We love what we do here, and we would like to keep our jobs, but nothing is promised. Have a plan B in place and don't worry about it. Enjoy your time here as long as you can. Make a difference in lives. You can expect the worst but hope for the best, and you do have a choice to work together and make things happen for the good of ALL involved!
Pros
Watching the students get excited when they learn something new/ benefits
Cons
No students / no opportunity to change lives for the better
Feel that they care more about money then the employees
Professional Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 12, 2017
to whom it may concern FCC was very stressful to work as the company only cares about enrolling students they try and build value with their prospects its all about enrolling enrolling which is there money maker and if you cant just enroll you have no place there at all
Stressful
Nursing Admission Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 5, 2017
Worked for this company for 5 years and it was like riding on a roller coaster most of the times. If you happened to work within the Admission Department, please make sure you have skin as tough as armor. However, I can definitely say, that I have grown and learned a lot about myself as an individual because of this place. I have learn not to except no as a excuse.
good
Admission Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJune 3, 2017
To obtain a challenging position utilizing my organizational and analytical skills. Results oriented professional with broad based experience and visible achievements in management. Out-of-box thinker with visionary leadership strengths. Highly motivated, energetic, team player with a “roll-up-the-sleeves” attitude
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 16, 2017
I don't really want to talk about it. It's a job and it pays the bills. Management at the campus level is not the best but could be worse. Employees are usually hard working.
Fun & Busy place to work
Student Aid Finance (Current Employee) –  Administrative AssistantMay 15, 2017
Team work and a very hacking place to work. Not bored at all and you learn a lot.

Always new opportunity to learn from. Always room for improvement.
Claimed Bankruptcy
Office Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 11, 2017
Was not doing well financially at the end. It only offered diploma programs was more of a profit school and wasn't concerned about the students well being.
It Was a nice place to work at .
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 5, 2017
I really enjoy talking and working with potential applicants about going back to school for a better career.I feel good helping potential customers and I also received an award for sign up a large number of applicants.
Love It
IT Instructor (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 4, 2017
Really like my job, lots of great people to work with. If it wasn't part time I would love to stay there. The management makes it a great place to work.
Friendly,productive, and fun working environment
Federal Work Study (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 1, 2017
A typical day at work was restocking the bookstore,organization
of the storage room, HVAC/R tools/equipment rooms, mail delivery and assist teachers. I learned management skills. The workplace was always a friendly environment, there never was any difficult jobs that couldn't be done. Most enjoyable part of the job was being helpful to everyone in and around my work place.
Pros
Extra study time at break time
school
Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 26, 2017
Florida career college in school of health care and computer repair when i used working for then.
Monday -Friday 8 am-10 pm
management skills need some improvement
med assis
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 26, 2017
i loved working in the float pool. full time hours were always available and everyone was a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend working here . I enjoyed moving around
Great Work Environment
IT Instructor/Faculty (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLApril 23, 2017
• Florida Career College has been specializing in career training since 1982. All programs are specially designed for individuals who want to succeed in the fields of Information Technology. I was one of their elite Instructor for the A+ and Net + Certification
Pros
Team Work
Cons
No Front Parking Spots