Florida Career College Employee Reviews in United States

good people
Allied Health Instructor (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLSeptember 14, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. All about the numbers but now how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. .Have seen company grow and downsize - alot of things need to be worked out. Need to care more about employees
Run the other way
Computer Instructor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 25, 2015
Nice employees. Unbearable place to work. School too focused in profits not the students.To many People not knowing what they were doing.
Pros
I can't think of any.
Cons
A real mess.
Productive and fun place to work
Medical Assistant/Limited Scope X-rayInstructor (Current Employee) –  Margate, FLAugust 21, 2015
a typical day at work consist of preparing for and teaching a class between 15 and 25 students. Maintained a file on every student, insured all grades were promptly and properly enter into a grade book data base. Mentored, counseled, and tutored students on an as needed basis in order to prepare them for their state exams. My co-workers are like an extended family as we all worked and played well together.
Making a difference in the lives of many
Bursar (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 21, 2015
Students come to us to make a change, to begin a new career. We are able to help them obtain the skills to go out in the workforce and get jobs and be successful. This is one of the most rewarding careers I have ever had. You get to see people grow and flourish, to reach toward their true potential.
Awful company to work for
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLAugust 19, 2015
This company is unorganized and does not believe in work life balance nor care about its students. The process is chaotic and its always about enrollments not assuring to improve a thorough process, as well as improve the education of impoverished students.
You cant dictate a lunch schedule nor leave on time because you are expected to work overtime, without proper compensation.
....
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 8, 2015
I clock in at 9 am every morning and I start making calls and trying to get potential students to come out and get info about the programs we offer
Great co-workers and atmosphere
Senior Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 29, 2015
Florida Career College was an great place to work. The atmosphere was buzzing with students and deadlines. The school culture was such that I enjoyed the school and the people.
Pros
Great work environment
Stressful
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 27, 2015
managers should walk around with a whip in hand...that is all they need to personalize their behavior. employees are not appreciated and often criticized. In my 40 years as an employee I had never been treated this way.
Pros
Cons
stressful days
Telemarketing
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 21, 2015
• Demonstrate the ability to process and utilize various selling strategies.
• Excellent communication skills written and verbal; independently self-directed, as well as work well with others.
• Proficient in computer programs: word, excel, PowerPoint, publisher, windows, etc.
• Remarkable ability to multitask and cross train to perform all services.
• Dependable; hard worker able to establish and maintain repeat client base.
productive /effort/effectiveness
Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Margate, FLJuly 4, 2015
As a manager,you are responsible for the work environment of your employees.The work environment should be such that your employees have the opportunity to succeed and be fully productive and I was not given those resources
Pros
family
Cons
not able to lead my team
Productive and Fun
Medical Billing and Coding Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 23, 2015
I love what I do being a teacher is the greatest experience of my life, and for my student to leave my class and do wonderful in the field, that makes it thats much gratifying.
Pros
I teach others what I know
overall Florida Career College was a good place to work
TEAM LEAD OF COSMETOLOGY & BARBERING (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 17, 2015
during the time of my employment with this company, I really learned to love my coworkers and I really enjoyed the culture of the company. My only complaint with this company was my inability to move up in the organization. I am a very ambitious woman and strive to be the best at any job that is put forth. I just feel as though there was no room for growth for me, when I grew as far as I was allowed I knew it was time for me to move on and find a job that was not dead end so to speak,
Pros
lots of inservice classes
Cons
not so much room for growth within the company
Great people to work with, Great work place
FCC Ambassador, President (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 17, 2015
Loves the Environment I worked with. My manger was a great leader, great person and became a great friend. there wasn't a day I didn't want to go to work. Everyone was so helpful and loving to be around. I would recommend this place to everyone.
Great palce to grow
Sales (Former Employee) –  LAUDERDALE LAKES, FLJune 15, 2015
It's a great company and place to work . Great people as well and the company really gives back to their employees.They are very understanding company.
Enjoyable
FINANCIAL AID ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Lauderdale Lakes, FLJune 8, 2015
Enjoyed coming to work daily because my co workers were easy to work with. I learned that if you are organized your job is 10 times easier on a day to day basis.
Professional and Enjoyable
Campus Registrar (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 30, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the day to day duties is providing exceptional customer service to the students. The students at Florida Career College is what truly what makes the job worthwhile.
Pros
multi tasking, working with different departments, flexible schedule, learn new things everyday
A good experince
Spa Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMay 28, 2015
I interacted with clients, a very relax and fun environment, nice and very friendly people.
I learned a lot about products, appointments ,scheduling
Pros
feeling good to go to work
Cons
n/a
I enjoyed meeting all types of people at a kiosk at Wellington Mall
Lead generator (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 26, 2015
I really enjoyed meeting all kinds of people and seeing that with additional education they could increase their income.

I learned about all the different career options that were available.

My co-workers were fun to work with.

The hardest part of the job was having only about 5-10 seconds to get the attention of mall visitors.

I was able to be top lead producer for many months.
Pros
Good hours and a stimulating environment.
Cons
It became tiring to connect with mall visitors after 5 hours.
Florida Career College
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMay 25, 2015
During my employment with Florida Career College I dealt with vendors and contractors also I used to open the campus every morning and at the same I used to make a walk thru inspection of all the classrooms, mechanical rooms and common areas.
Every day I used to do any work orders that were open like electrical, plumbing, drywalls repairs and painting and HVAC
Also set up offices furniture and whatever came my way that needed to be done for the smooth operation of the campus maintenance wise.
Rewarding
Campus Department Chair (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 12, 2015
I enjoy educating people and seeing them become successful individuals. It is with great pleasure and overall satisfaction when I see a student come in scared and unsure of themselves and see them leave confident and successful.
Pros
Student success
Cons
Students giving up on themselves