Florida Central Credit Union Employee Reviews

Worst place to work!
Main office associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 30, 2017
They deserve 1 star. Wages offered are too low for what they require you to do. They always called workers into the office only to be negative or for complaints, but because management has no idea about the job that you performed they always have to rely on other co workers to corroborate. You end up find out that you did nothing wrong but they never apologize for judging you. Management doesn't know the systems that are used in the credit union like PRESTAR or Account services.
Cons
Disorganized and Terrible work environment!
Management (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 21, 2017
At first seemed like a good place to work. Culture of more community bank for members to look for help. New upper management hired in the last year has created a terrible place to work and there is no one you can turn to and trust within the organization. Hostile environment and manager allowed to bully and harass seasoned, loyal, and dedicated employees daily. HR is not helpful in resolving any issues. Very unprofessional and minimal growth opportunities for long time employees. Have a better chance if you new in the company to get position.
Pros
Long time loyal members
Cons
Upper management is terrible
I used to love working for Florida Central until now
MSR (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 10, 2016
When I first started working with Florida Central,
I loved going to work everyday and now I wake up dreading it.
The moral is gone. HR is horrible and very uninviting. The way they treat you is very degrading. There is no more team players.
Florida Central is going down hill fast!!!
Great Company
Member Service Specialist/Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLSeptember 22, 2016
Very great company to work for. I enjoyed going to Corp in Tampa for training, Corp staff seemed to be a lot more encouraging and nice. They offered a lot of career learning courses. There is always branch drama and certain management would get frustrated when someone would ask for help.
Pros
benefits, advancement, hour lunch
Cons
random lunch times, poor management in some areas
Horrible
Teller (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJuly 26, 2016
Not the best place to work. Good for people with no experience who want to get into banking. The turn over rate is ridiculous. They don't keep employees long because they don't pay enough. The manger is not the best which makes it not a fun place to work at. It's very fast pace so they are alway busy. And the members always complain because the turn over rate is so crazy. The members are sometimes hard to deal with.
Cons
Pay
Great location, sales based on members needs
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 17, 2015
Assisted members with all of their financial needs; opened deposit and checking accounts, referred members to other areas of the Credit Union based on their financial needs. Processed loan and closed applications. Worked with various auto dealers to get the obtain the best pricing for their purchase. Opened and closed the branch when scheduled. Conducted audit functions for the branch and maintained files for products sold. Coached staff on security and compliance issues. My most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and making friends and knowing they were happy with my service.
Pros
Cons
No breaks except for lunch due flow of members.
A typical day a work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLDecember 4, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of managing many different transactions. Helping members beneficial referrals to products and services. Many days are busy, with transactions counting between 150-300 on a daily basis. Consistency and accuracy is needed and great attention to detail. Following all regulations and guidelines is very important while processing transactions and helping the members.
Pros
You get to work with the public
Cons
Lots of traffic
Enjoyable place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLApril 13, 2014
I learned all about credit unions products, Management was awesome. Co-workers were friendly. Nothing was hard. Everything was enjoyable.
Customers were great.
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 6, 2012
Customer service work dealing with cash.
Sales goals
Little supervision
Somewhat disorganized
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
political
Member Services Representative
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 18, 2012
Managed high volume, inbound customer service inquiries providing answers and issue resolution to members. Continuously recognized by management for providing the highest levels of service and exceeding call volume requirements
Fast pace, friendly
Head Teller /Credit Union (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 13, 2012
Florida Central Credit Union was a wonderful place to work in years past. Due to the economic downfall, many companies have taken it upon to valuated there employees somewhat unfairly, due to the great demand of work. Therefore replacing them with new hire. I know for a fact that my position has not been able to be filled to their expectation for about six months or more. I was a responsible employee, and I knew my job to the smallest detail. Due to new management, I was dismissed. Every job has its chalenges and rewards. But overall I truly enjoyed the interaction I had with my members, and to this day I have many members that truly believe that my dismissal was a great loss for their company. My co-workers were hard working individuals with specific personalities and characteristics. Overall it was a very nice group of employees.
Pros
many rewards and lunchins for goals met.
Cons
disfuctional members.