Florida Coastal School of Law Employee Reviews in United States

Great Professor
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 12, 2016
I learn the most when I am able to explain the law to other students. Being a teaching assistant has helped me to grow in area of family law.
Various changes
undisclosed (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 6, 2015
Florida Coastal is a great place to learn and really encourages work life balance. It is very family friendly place to work.
Great team
Placement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 16, 2015
Great team to work with. Great graduates to work with that are very hard working. I look forward to seeing their pass rates on 9/21
Pros
Great Team
Cons
No idea who my bosses are
My experience
Temp Administrative Assistant to Director (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 24, 2015
My experience with FCSL was a good one. Good group of women working together to ensure the constant motivation of current, future, and past students. The hardest part about the job is that my office was freezing, seriously it's one of the best places I have ever worked.
Horrible company!
Faculty Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 13, 2013
Coastal Law has mastered the art of manipulation and deception. If you admire a company whose philosophy/mission is in stark contrast to its management and operation, by all means apply. Coastal is the epitome of the right hand having no idea what the left hand is doing, and Infilaw purposely designed it that way. How better to fleece everyone? Make no mistake, the designation of "for profit" has never been truer of any company - at the expense of its faculty, staff, and sadly, its students. Understanding that jobs are very hard to come by these days, there is no way in good conscience I could recommend this company.
Pros
i'll have to get back to you.
Cons
management
Not a stable environment
Executive Assistant to the President and Dean (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 2, 2014
The people are nice but there is no job stability. Long hours needed to get all the work completed.
A school in constant change
Officer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 2, 2013
Florida Coastal has always found it hard to find it's only foothold in the community both in Jacksonville but in the education community as well. With the owners seemly trying to ring every dollar they can out of the school, the ground seems to be a little more shakier every day.
Pros
tight knit community that cares about one another
Cons
owners don't seem to care about the fate of the school or the people working there.
Love working in Admissions
Admissions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 20, 2012
Love working in Admissions!
Co-workers are wonderful!
I've met so many people from different places.
Pros
wonderful people
Cons
room for advancement
Run far away
professor (Current Employee) –  JacksonvilleSeptember 30, 2013
Terrible management - absolutely no regard for employees or students. It's all about the money for this corporation (I'm reluctant to even call it a school).
Pros
decent office space
Cons
everything else
Upper Management was not knowledgable on interpersonal skills.
Mail Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 6, 2013
I learned a lot form this job and how not to be a manager. I would not recommend this company to anyone. The Human Resource Department was in shambles and the most enjoyable part of the day was the co-workers.
Law Library
Library Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 5, 2012
Organize and supervise the services and activities at the reference department, including providing reference service to patrons. Assist law school students with operational activities such as shelving materials and other class related activities.
Easy to work for.
Professor of Law (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 24, 2014
I have enjoyed working for Florida Coastal School of law and I hope to continue to do so in the future.
Great experience
Pro Bono Volunteer for Citizen's Day (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 18, 2013
Fun,fun and more fun. Practicing lawyers where a pleasure working with and student organizers really knew what they where doing. Everything ran smoothly and efficiently.
Fair work for a federal work study
IT Help Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 27, 2013
I assisted students and professors with any issues they had with their personal computers or the school's computers, escalating any issues I could not resolve on my own.