Florida Coastal School of Law Employee Reviews

Admissions Office Assistant
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 10, 2017
The job was ideal but the upper management was very sketchy. They were also very unprofessional when they laid all the student workers off, we were told on a Monday, our last day would be that Wednesday, so there was no notice at all.
Productive and friendly work enviornment
Facility Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 25, 2016
This job has been a good experience and provides a nurturing atmosphere to thrive in, as it is a school. The staff and faculty all know tasks and work together as a team for the greater good of the institution. A typical day would be me arriving and working my usual cleaning route of 2 floors, and a sweep of the garage area. I then provide assistance throughout the facility throughout the course of the day (mainly maintenance)
Pros
Great work atmosphere, Weekly Pay
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 2, 2016
Wage is not on par with industry but the benefits are really good and my co workers are awesome. One raise in 5 years for every single employee.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
No annual raises due to investors
Great Professor
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 12, 2016
I learn the most when I am able to explain the law to other students. Being a teaching assistant has helped me to grow in area of family law.
Good place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 30, 2015
Good place to work. Good people. Love working with the students. I would recommend for the interactions with students.
Great team
Placement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 16, 2015
Great team to work with. Great graduates to work with that are very hard working. I look forward to seeing their pass rates on 9/21
Pros
Great Team
Cons
No idea who my bosses are
My experience
Temp Administrative Assistant to Director (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 24, 2015
My experience with FCSL was a good one. Good group of women working together to ensure the constant motivation of current, future, and past students. The hardest part about the job is that my office was freezing, seriously it's one of the best places I have ever worked.
Various changes
undisclosed (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 6, 2015
Florida Coastal is a great place to learn and really encourages work life balance. It is very family friendly place to work.
Not a stable environment
Executive Assistant to the President and Dean (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 2, 2014
The people are nice but there is no job stability. Long hours needed to get all the work completed.
Easy to work for.
Professor of Law (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 24, 2014
I have enjoyed working for Florida Coastal School of law and I hope to continue to do so in the future.
Fair work for a federal work study
IT Help Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 27, 2013
I assisted students and professors with any issues they had with their personal computers or the school's computers, escalating any issues I could not resolve on my own.
Great experience
Pro Bono Volunteer for Citizen's Day (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 18, 2013
Fun,fun and more fun. Practicing lawyers where a pleasure working with and student organizers really knew what they where doing. Everything ran smoothly and efficiently.
Run far away
professor (Current Employee) –  JacksonvilleSeptember 30, 2013
Terrible management - absolutely no regard for employees or students. It's all about the money for this corporation (I'm reluctant to even call it a school).
Pros
Decent office space
Cons
Everything else
Horrible company!
Faculty Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 13, 2013
Coastal Law has mastered the art of manipulation and deception. If you admire a company whose philosophy/mission is in stark contrast to its management and operation, by all means apply. Coastal is the epitome of the right hand having no idea what the left hand is doing, and Infilaw purposely designed it that way. How better to fleece everyone? Make no mistake, the designation of "for profit" has never been truer of any company - at the expense of its faculty, staff, and sadly, its students. Understanding that jobs are very hard to come by these days, there is no way in good conscience I could recommend this company.
Pros
I'll have to get back to you.
Cons
Management, management, management
A school in constant change
Officer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 2, 2013
Florida Coastal has always found it hard to find it's only foothold in the community both in Jacksonville but in the education community as well. With the owners seemly trying to ring every dollar they can out of the school, the ground seems to be a little more shakier every day.
Pros
tight knit community that cares about one another
Cons
owners don't seem to care about the fate of the school or the people working there.
Upper Management was not knowledgable on interpersonal skills.
Mail Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 6, 2013
I learned a lot form this job and how not to be a manager. I would not recommend this company to anyone. The Human Resource Department was in shambles and the most enjoyable part of the day was the co-workers.
Law Library
Library Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 5, 2012
Organize and supervise the services and activities at the reference department, including providing reference service to patrons. Assist law school students with operational activities such as shelving materials and other class related activities.
Love working in Admissions
Admissions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 20, 2012
Love working in Admissions!
Co-workers are wonderful!
I've met so many people from different places.
Pros
wonderful people
Cons
room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Coastal School of Law. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8