Florida Community Bank Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Get to meet new people everyday
Teller, Bookeeper (Former Employee) –  Immokalee, FLJuly 27, 2017
Really enjoy working with people & got to see new people everyday. Nice environment to work at, everyone nice & respectful. Pay was good but needed a little more money because my family was growing. Very flexible when need to get off for doctor appointments.
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
Needed for pay
sales pressure daily, local management lacking. great benefits and median pay
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLMay 27, 2017
Extremely high pressure sales goals that are tracked on a daily basis. This includes redundant logs that are expected to be filled out daily. Management is not focused on branch goals as much as personal life and leaves the team floundering on their own.

The benefits are great. health ins is paid by company and a minimal amount paid by employee for dentist and eye care. 15 days PTO are allowed for new hire to 5 yrs. After 5 yrs 5 more PTO days allotted.

Pay is based on success of branch sales goals. incentive is offered quarterly. There have not been any yearly cost of living raises in atleast 3 years.
benefits
Cons
poor management, high pressure sales goals
A day in the Wire Department
Wire Transfer Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLMay 25, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with all the employees that were in the Wire Department and Deposit Operations. I also enjoyed .learning new software applications. There was never a typical day in the Wire Department. Every day it was a different situation which made the day interesting. The Wire Department is a very demanding job where you have to be accurate and have excellent time management skills.
Pros
People
Stay Away
Punching Bag (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 12, 2017
I worked with nice people, most of whom I couldn't believe would continue working for this organization. Completely antiquated in terms of systems and practices. Inefficient for both customer and employee. Lead to a stressful environment. Hated every minute of it.
Pros
Free bank logo shirt
Cons
Everything else
Challenging
Deposit Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLMay 10, 2017
Most days can be challenging as far as trying to figure out issues that you may not have enough experience in. Overall, the job duties are the same every day other than when people are on vacation or out sick then you cover the duties plus fulfill your own duties.
Pros
Steady hours
Cons
Communication issues among staff
Productive and challenging place to work
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Immokalee, FLMay 3, 2017
I learned a lot working at FCB. I had an opportunity to experienced first-hand how the banking system operates on the background. the management help me to view the big picture of how the financial system help individual reach their financial dreams.
Not a happy place to work.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 4, 2017
Company is not employee friendly. Very antiquated teller system. Management does not promote a team. Very time consuming when handling customer transactions. Just not an inviting atmosphere.
Pros
Non
Cons
Healthcare
Fun place to work
Operations Manager-Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLMarch 24, 2017
I enjoyed working with all my co-workers as well as our customers. A typical day at work would be taking care of our customers and making sure they all left with a smile on their face.
Fast pace environment
Deposit Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Acres, FL then Port Charlotte FLJanuary 16, 2017
High level of stress. Everyday different but yet routine. Confidential a must. Protecting customers privacy. Accounts named numbers and address.
Pros
Free accounts checking safe deposit box
Cons
Stress level high
fun place to work
AVP, SBA Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLNovember 12, 2016
Great co-workers
Management cares more for bottom line revenues than employees
The hardest part of this job was the constant management changes. In a 3+ year period, my management changed over 6 times.
Positive workplace with opportunities to learn new skills and advance within the company.
Lockbox Processor (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLOctober 20, 2016
FCB is an incredible employer. It is a most positive workplace to enter into each day. Our managers recognize and reward our hard work. I was promoted from Retail to Deposit Operations as the Lockbox Processor, but was soon asked to assist other team members because of my excellent balancing skills. I was pleased to learn how to balance the POD account. Soon after, being told by management how they value my opinion, I was trained in the Reg E Department. I audited the Visa disputes before the Protiviti Auditors requested them for review. Thus, i aided in maintaining 100% compliance for the department. My managers allowed me the opportunity to learn and assist in more than my hired position, and i am proud of the help I have given my co-workers.
Pros
Health Fairs, Jean Fridays, opportunity to learn and advance, flexible hours for clocking in and out, End-Of-Month lunches, seasonal pot-lucks, community bank where everyone knows each other.
Overall FCB is a good company to work for. Some growing pains but that's to be expected.
Relationship Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLSeptember 20, 2016
FCB is overall a good company. My typical day was generally quite busy as I worked the main office in the Volusia area. One will quickly learn multitasking is a very important. I have exceptional organizational skills which helped me keep priorities in place. Upper management superior, branch level may need some reviewing. The hardest part was saying goodbye to my clients for reasons beyond my control. I considered my job easy and comfortable for the most part.
Most enjoyable were many clients I have had the pleasure to serve over my many years in banking, many have followed me as I moved to better opportunities.
Pros
busy environment
Cons
none I can think of
Awful Environment Poor Management
Relationship Banker II (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 12, 2016
Manager is never there. Training sucks. Professionalism is a joke. Marketing needs education prior to releasing promotions. There is a lot of double standards, what works for one doesn't work for all. Commission sucks, goals outrageous.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Everything else
Productive place to work
Help Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLJune 23, 2016
Productive place to work. Team orientated. Good place to work. Good work flow. Full filament in the work place. Tied to the local community.
Horrible place
Deposit Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte County, FLJune 7, 2016
I was with riverside when this awful corporation bought it. Upper management are a joke. They make you direct deposit your check or your penalized $30. And other employees can track your whereabouts through your debit card. Supervisors are idiotic and know nothing of their jobs. Port Charlotte needs to be completed redone they are backstabbers and childish. They make up stories about other employees. HR is right in there with it.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Everything else.
very nice and family like
Head Teller/senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLApril 12, 2016
It was good until new management came at board. It is nice company if you work with the right people.
They are asking now for sales they are losing the value of like to work there, at the end I hate going to work
Dreadful.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 29, 2016
I hated it. It was probably just the branch I worked at, but this place was horrible! This was my first (and definitely my last) banking job, so I don't know how FCB ranks among other banks. That doesn't change the fact that it put a really bad taste in my mouth.

I was always told that "tellers aren't salespeople," but then they would make us cold call a long list of leads. Our manager was super fake and not helpful at all. We were always understaffed, so there were many times when I was the only teller on the line. And as an inexperienced teller, that was the worst!

I would NOT suggest working here.
Pros
PTO and paid holidays even for part timers
Cons
Everything. It's awful.
Where Shopping is a Pleasure.
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLNovember 23, 2015
It is all about customer service with Publix. I always had good customer service skills but working at Publix made me great. I appreciate everything that I learned as I worked there.
very good
Loan Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Immokalee, FLAugust 17, 2015
I worked at Florida Community Bank for 26+ years & then it was shut down by FDIC. This was a wonderful place to work. Very family oriented. I learned most of my job skills on this job & became to know most of the Immokalee Community. The new bank management hired me back, until my job was relocated to North Port.
Flexible
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  labelle FloridaJuly 21, 2015
This was a great place to work when I was in school. They were very flexible with my hours and my head teller was great. The pay was not very good as a teller and all the hard work we put in and multiple hours. They are under new management.
Pros
hours
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Community Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9