Florida Department of Health Employee Reviews

Well-rounded work enviroment
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLAugust 31, 2015
Great place to work for new people who are interested in state employment and taking part in improving the life and well-being of others.
enjoyable work environment, very little room for advancement.
Environmental Specialist II (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLAugust 30, 2015
I work in the environmental health division. Overall I enjoy the work, there is rarely a dull day. I've had many opportunities to learn different aspects of environmental health.

Unfortunately, the pay is not exceptional nor are there any opportunities for merit based raises. It's been 3 years since my position has earned a cost of living raise. I've only been there a few years and I earn the same amount as a guy that has the same title as I do who has been there for 25 years. There is really very little room for advancement. It's a great place to get experience to put on your resume, but not a great long term career choice.
Productive and Enjoyable
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FlAugust 13, 2015
Pros: I was able to grow in my position
Cons: No room for advancement
My time at the Department of Health was a life long experience. My Division went through a lot of changes, some that were good and some that was not so good. However, during that transitional period I was able to maintain a positive attitude and continue to provide quality work. I consider myself to be a team player with my co-workers as well.
Service First - Oriented
Staff Assistant to Director (Former Employee), Merritt Island, FLAugust 6, 2015
Wonderful Management Team with purpose. Excellent Staff always focused on being relevant by providing services to others. Unable to disclose any details of company operational activity due to confidentiality agreement.
Great company
Intern (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 5, 2015
I love public health so interning for this facility was a great experience and I love the company as a whole. I learned quite alot working there.
Great place to gain experience
Distributed Computer Systems Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FloridaAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Wide range of tasks
Cons: Future career advancement is non-existant
The Florida Department of Health has been very influential in developing the necessary skills to succeed in today's competitive market. The wide range of tasks and issues creates an environment that is both demanding and fast-paced. The most enjoyable aspect for myself deals with project management. The planning phase of project management provides a window into the long-term operations and goals of the department.
Great Company
Biologist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 2, 2015
This job allowed me to use my degree in biology and learn about proper lab techniques and laws. The most enjoyable part of this job was learning more about the advances in HIV. Also to be published in a science paper was very rewarding.
Good place to learn litigation.
General Counsel (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJuly 23, 2015
Good opportunities for growth of young litigation attorneys seeking administrative litigation experience in relaxed environment.
N/A
Disease Intervention Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 16, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Some of the manger are not fair that why I have nothing to say about Florida Department of Health it has change not for the employee it about self management.
Busy atmosphere.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJune 16, 2015
Eligibility for advancement in the company. You will have a chance to interact with many people from many different backgrounds.
leadership
Nursing Program Specialist (Current Employee), floridaJune 13, 2015
needs improvement in communication skills. offers a variety during the day. I can be at different places doing different things.
Productive work Place
Health Support Technician (Current Employee), Quincy, FLJune 10, 2015
We see various clients for various reasons on a daily basis. We (co-workers) work as a team in getting the job done. We encounter different personalities daily, but we've learned to adjust and provide the best care that we can for any and all.
Pleasant co-workers and users
Office Automation Specialist I (Current Employee), Ocala, FloridaJune 9, 2015
Typical day busy all the time.
Learned how to give IT support to computer users.
Management personnel are pleasant to work for.
Co-workers are knowledgeable and caring.
Hardest part of job is fixing other departments errors.
Enjoyable part of job is being able to help the users understand how to complete their job tasks.
Epidemiologist (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLMay 28, 2015
Primary compensation is through the value of the work you do, not the financial recompense. You will be busy, make less than your peers but will feel amazing about your work.
GREAT
HIV peer navigator/med tech (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 30, 2015
Pros: In the HIV clinic always!!
Cons: None
8.5 hour days flew by.
I learned tolerence and understanding everyday.
My supervisor was my biggest support. Listened to me and even implemented my peer program idea PHASES... Peers Helping Another Succeed, Empower and Sustain!!
The hardest part was non compliant clients who passed away.
The most enjoyable part of my dy is seeing the client suit up and show to take part in their own care. It happened every day...some one would have to come give me a hug to let meknow how muchI inspire them.Thats a priceless thing.
Productive and fun environment to work in.
Clerk (Current Employee), Bartow, FLApril 30, 2015
Pros: Good people to work around.
Cons: No cafeteria.
On a typical day I come in first thing I check for is outgoing mail. If any I mail them out. Then I check for the incoming mail and I distribute to the correct sire manager. about lunch time I check for any scanning that might need to be done weather its sent through email or is waiting in the to be scanned basket. I also do data entry for out our around times. I do the filing. Attend any meetings that might be held that. Here we are a team and I'm here to help my site managers load easier.
Good
Human Services Program Analyst (Current Employee), Bradenton, FLApril 21, 2015
Pros: Security
Cons: Moral is low
My day at work is pretty much a day of balanced. We start the day with a morning huddle, then we are off to our duties for the day.
Too much bereaucracy
Regional Public Health Preparedness Coordinator (Former Employee), Rockledge, FLApril 18, 2015
Daily training and supervising training plans
Stay on top of new laws, regulations
Micromanagement
Co-workers were good and educated
Overcome micromanagement and bureaucracy
Dept of Health
Network and Data Analyst (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLApril 13, 2015
Pros: training, accomadations. nice surroundings, good people
Cons: none
A very good agency. Many benefits and great training. They invested in the employees skills and professional knowledge. Working for the State of Florida was a great part of my life. There
was nothing negative. Good employees .
New job opportunity and experiences
Regulatory Specialist (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLApril 13, 2015
Pros: The directors would allow the entire unit to go out once a month.
Cons: I did not feel as if I was not given the proper training.
I worked at Dept. of Revenue for 17 years and needed a change. So I applied for the position at Dept. of Health and accepted it when they offered it to me. I found the environment to be very pleasant as everyone was willing to help me with any questions that I may have had.