Florida Eye Clinic Employee Reviews

Great place
Appointment Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMay 23, 2017
Great environment to work learn and grow in. Great people. Room to grow. Friendly environment. Understanding and caring management. Overall great career
zero job security
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLFebruary 16, 2017
There is no job security. You are only there for as long as they need you and once that is done they will let you go with no warning. They will ask they you break the law and file claims with Dx code that are not valid so they can get paid. Very unhealthy environment. Revolving door in employees....
Pros
flex hours
Cons
no job security, fraud billing
Sucky company that doesnt care or compensate the employees
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 30, 2017
This is a sucky company that has no loyalty to any of its employees and doesn't not compensate for the work they require. They overwork you, under pay you and treat you like or just another number.
Great Co-Workers
Optical Sales (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLJuly 29, 2016
Great place to work, all the locations had amazing co-workers. Everybody helped everyone felt like a family environment. Great doctors patients fallowed them everywhere.
flexible workplace
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLNovember 1, 2015
flexible workplace. great co-workers. benefit package offered to employees is terrible. pay rate is well below national average.
Educational environment with room to grow
Ophthalmic Assistant/Scribe (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLOctober 26, 2015
Typically, my team sees on average 100 patients per day. I enjoy the chaotic environment and fast pace, working well under stress. It provides an educational environment, offering a multitude of specialties to learn about. I've built relationships with coworkers, which has resulted in a more efficient work environment.
Pros
Relationships with coworkers, satisfying work
Cons
low compensation
Ophalmology reception with patient scheduling, ckeck ins and check outs
Working Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 16, 2015
In person or over phone, schedule patients eye appointments and procedures. Greet patient at arrival to the office and check them in and verify their insurance. At check out collect amount due and schedule further procedures.
Great Management
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 22, 2015
I was given the opportunity to grow within the work place. The Management also was setting a great example to others and took into consideration our ideas for embetterment of the company.
Lack of consistency, lack of professionalism, terrible pay
Ophthalmic Assistant (Former Employee) –  KissimmeeJuly 23, 2014
I usually worked alone except for two days a week with 30+ patients on the schedule; majority for procedures. I assisted the specialist with preparing patients for injections, lasers, scribed medical findings, provided educational material to patients and discussed patient's diagnosis and addressed questions and concerns after doctor has left the exam room. I was the doctor's lead writer who traveled to three office locations.

I have learned about eye diseases, causes and treatments. Learned diagnostic testing and the retina more in depth.

Management needs improvement, there was a lot of office politics and favoritism and gossip. Upper management did not provide enough staff to help. They refused to hire help and never were consistent. They demanded a lot from staff and made constant changes but never provided the proper tools or training for the performance they were demanding.

I worked well with my coworkers and had a small great team who pulled together through such a busy, non-stop schedule; being pulled in many directions to try and make the clinic flow in as much of a timely manner as possible.

The hardest part of my job was the lack of help and the constant switching of providers. I went through three specialists in the two years I worked for the company. I was overloaded with patients that had difficult cases causing me to speed through patients and sacrifice accuracy for speed.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the wonderful patients and the wonderful doctors I had the pleasure to work with and learn from.
Pros
Paid for travel
I loved my job, but due to government issues, physicians had to use laptops and enter information themselves, therefore, my job was eliminated
MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, FLJune 13, 2014
Nearly every day for over 5 years I came to work in a good mood. I loved my position. My transcription job was always first. I organized my day as to what needed to be done. In the morning and afternoon I would break the switchboard operator and would break her for lunch also. I would then go back to my transcription. I made sure that everyone had each other's information just in case there was an emergency. We celebrated holidays and birthdays with pot luck's. We had a very happy office. For the most part, everyone got along well. If the telephoneoperator was on vacation, I would come in early to get my immediate work done and work the week-ends.
Pros
Sometimes drug reps would bring in lunch or treats, The physicians would celebrate christmas with giving the employees a bonus, They also would treat us with a thanksgiving/christmas luncheon buffet.
Cons
I was forced to leave due to my job being eliminated.
A busy eye clinic where credentialing is an extremely stressful position.
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 30, 2014
The credentialing consists of many contacts with insurance companies so there is a lot of telephone work involved. As you can see from my resume, there were many other aspects to this job. This made for a very diverse day,
Lack of communication / Advancement
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 27, 2014
After working for about 7 months now at the Florida Eye Clinic, I noticed I had a great appeal to helping others. I adore the patients and making them smile. On the other hand, my co workers and staff are not easy to deal with. There is no communication and unorganization and they do not offer raises.
Pros
free lunches, day off when doctors not in, can wear any scrubs
Cons
lack of communication and no advancement
insurance verifiication
INSURANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLJune 27, 2013
I had to verify insurance for 80-90 patients a day, I learned how to check patients in and out, answer phones and schedule appointments, we were always short handed on the front desk, and always short handed with phone people, they benefits were not all that great, some of the co workers were nice to your face but otherwise they weren't
A satisfying, gratifying place to work
Ophthalmic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLApril 16, 2013
This is a busy practice. I have enjoyed my tenure here. the co-workers work together as a family. the management is fair to its employees. the hardest part of the job is hearing the doctors give patients bad news. the best part of it is when patients can see better after they have had surgery. I have learned that people are really people and each one has a different personality and that is as it should be because it makes our world a most interesting place.
Pros
teamwork, satisfaction of being able to help people, medical and dental coverage.
Cons
if they like you in a certain postion it is impossible to advance
always multitasking usually making work easier.
Clerical duties as well as file and editting (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 3, 2012
very fun loving environment, great coworkers and always having the ability to learn something new about the workplace and the business world. I enjoyed having a helping hand if was needed.
Pros
free lunches
ASC Manager/Eye Clinic
Manager (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLAugust 17, 2012
I loved working there and co-workers great atmosphere, I worked there for 6 years and they called me sometimes to help out.
Pros
loved the work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Eye Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5