Florida Gulf Coast University

Florida Gulf Coast University Employer Reviews

Professional but fun place to work
Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJune 3, 2014
Pros: free giveaways
Cons: not enough hours available
A typical day at work we sit at the desk and offer our services to any student or parent that needs it. It can vary with us handling the school mail services to giving valuable information that they need. What I learned at this job overall is how to handle a lot of responsibility and how to be cautious and to make sure that I always follow the jobs – more... protocol. Management there is great. My supervisor is very detailed in what she expects of you and I love that about the job. I always want to know how I am supposed to perform at my job. To be totally honest I don't find my job difficult at all. I enjoy every aspect of this job. – less
Same as Previous review
VA/ Scheduling Registration Officer (Current Employee), FLMay 30, 2014
Pros: some benefits
Cons: high stress/ hostile environment
High stress, fast paced work production. Some areas are hostile work environments. Poor Management in various areas. Human Resources not a confidential solitude place to discuss issues.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLMay 22, 2014
The Relationship among Dysfunctional Leadership Dispositions, Employee
Engagement, Burnout & Job Satisfaction

The purpose of this study is to examine, from the subordinate‚Äôs perspective, the relationship of dysfunctional leadership dispositions to employee engagement, job satisfaction and burnout. Design/methodology/approach: A field study survey was – more... used to capture three categories of dysfunctional dispositions and three employee variables from employees engaged in dyadic relationships with leaders. Multiple regression analysis was used to test relationships hypothesized to exist between dysfunctional behaviors and employee engagement, job satisfaction, and burnout. – less
Fun place to work with great people.
Intramural Sports and Sport Clubs Intern (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLFebruary 26, 2014
Fun place to work with great people. The campus is beautiful and the staff is great.
Productive work environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJanuary 9, 2014
Great opportunity for personal and professional growth. I learned how to create new programs and processes with minimal supervision. I was given the tools to succeed and the freedom to make decision without being micro managed.
Good working environment
Registration Assistant (Former Employee), fort myers, flDecember 9, 2013
Great place to work, not very stressful and very people oriented
I really enjoyed working at FGCU
Campus Recreation Budget Manager (Former Employee), Campus Recreation Modular buildingAugust 16, 2013
Pros: the thriteen thousand students at fgcu kept me young
The environment was very pleasant and the people were great to work with. Management was the best and I was treated very well, I would still be working there if we had not moved back to Vermont to be with family.
Depends which department in which you work
Office Manager (Current Employee), Estero, FLJuly 20, 2013
Cons: job insecurity - always talk of budget cuts cuts cuts (depressing, as they constantly remind us of what we are not going to have vs. what we do have to work with)
President seems kind and sincere - basically a good man. But he may be blind to some bad managers. Nepotism big-time, too. VP's wife was in exec office as Secretary under maiden name.

The campus is fabulous - well-manicured - and there are many nice amenities (Starbucks, Chick-Fil-A,cafeteria with really good food (sometimes cooked to order), smoothie – more... place, etc. )

However, since there have not been any raises per se in years, and only a few chosen 'pets' advance, most jobs are 'dead-end'. As for work-life balance, again, that totally depends on your supervisor, as the ones without kids take their long lunches but if you need to leave a 1/2 hour early for a parent-teacher conference, then you need to take that time as 'vacation'! You do not feel appreciated - unless that is OK with you! – less
Great environment and people, but poor pay and lack of coordination between different departments
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FloridaMay 30, 2013
Everything is laid back and people aren't afraid to relax on down times, and there are lots of lunches together and what not, however I haven't gotten a raise in 2 years, and don't receive any benefits at all.
Great work/life balance
Employee (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLMay 14, 2013
Great work/life balance due to 8-5 schedule.
Unfortunately, the potential for growth does not exist.
FGCU is a great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLApril 30, 2013
FGCU is a great place to work. I enjoyed working in an educational environment.
Awesome
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLJanuary 27, 2013
This sis the best job I have ever had.

As a lab assistant I get to meet all new people from faculty to students.
Workable environment
Athletic Tutor (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLJanuary 7, 2013
I have no complaints with my position. It is a part time position so I do not know how it would be if I worked full time there.
Pleasant
Research Technician (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJanuary 4, 2013
I appreciated the chance to work at FGCU. Unfortunately, cuts to education lead to many jobs being cut.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLOctober 31, 2012
A really good place to work. Good management and job security. Great benefits.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLOctober 31, 2012
A really good place to work. Good management and job security. Great benefits.
Very disorganized and lacking professionalism.
Faculty (Former Employee), Ft Myers flOctober 10, 2012
Not a good place to work. Disorganized.oor communication.
Perfect way to help your peers while earning some financial freedom
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FloridaJune 10, 2012
Pros: allows you time to do your own homework
Cons: will have to be at work even if no one shows up for tutoring
Excellent way to earn a living while helping friends do better in their academics. A typical day consisted of 3 to 4 hours dedicated to teaching advanced math to students who were academically challenged. The most enjoyable part was when my students will do good in their homeworks and exams,
A great experience.
Teaching Assistant for Chemistry (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJanuary 23, 2012
Employer gave plenty of feedback which I was able to use to adapt my working style and approach in order to better serve our purpose as educators.
Phenomenal New and Growing University
Fort Myers, Florida (Current Employee), Student AssistantNovember 9, 2011
Pros: intimate campus, well rounded professors, warm and friendly staff, great new opportunities for students
Cons: lacking in some of the art programs, some degrees not offered due to lack of funding
This University is relatively new, according to other State Universities. Only open since 1997, this school is booming with potential. I love how you can get the perks of having a small campus, while still having all of the top necessities, like having spectacular professors, that most established Universities have.

About Florida Gulf Coast University

Vision Florida Gulf Coast University will achieve national prominence in undergraduate education with expanding recognition for – Read more