Florida Hospital Medical Group Employee Reviews

Lack of management and no Vacation
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLAugust 7, 2017
The management staff were very biased and had cliques. If you spoke up to management about any miss treatment they would throw you under the bus literally. Also for the vacation days it was only beneficial IF you had POD but if you did not then those days were not paid. I would recommend you work for the hospital and the medical group until they did a complete overhaul. Also, it is hard to move up with in the company. You have a better chance at applying for a company outside of Adventist.
Pros
Free lunch, co workers
Cons
Management, advancement
work
Office Manager/Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 29, 2017
The company has changed over the years, not employee friendly. The company has a lot of turnover and does not promote from with in. The company is not what it used to be.
The worst company I have ever worked for
Practice Coder II (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 23, 2017
Management puts on a show about caring for their employees, but they do not care. Nobody moves up and the doctors are very catty. My docs were the worst. Nobody is valued or appreciated
Florida Hospital Medical Group is Definitely NOT Florida Hospital
Phlebotomist/Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLJune 22, 2017
If you want to be overworked, overlooked and underpaid this is the place to apply. This company is basically the step child of Florida Hospital. They do NOT offer the same benefits, raises, bonus etc as Florida Hospital. You will likely have a manager that has absolutely no clinical experience therefor they do not care about about the problems that nurses and medical assistants face. The upper management is all about chasing the dollar. The maximum yearly raise is 3% of your hourly wage. So, if you are an MA and they start you off around 11.50 which is the going rate, be prepared to not make it to 12 an hour until you have been there a few years. Don't let the Florida Hospital Logo fool you. Also I was located in an office that had multiple physicians. They did not get along and that caused tension between all the clinical staff.
Cons
Management is the worst, pay increases are slow and top out fast
FHMG supports primary and specialty care physicians
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLMay 13, 2017
FHMG is aligned with Florida Hospital and Adventist Health Systems which provides structure and promotes CREATION health principles that support work/life balance.
med assis
Lead Medical Assistant/Administrative MA (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 26, 2017
i loved working in the float pool. full time hours were always available and everyone was a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend working here . I enjoyed moving around
very fun and happy place to work, unfortunately business office has closed
Data entry 18,000 kph Alpha/numeric (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLApril 25, 2017
Florida Hospital Medical Group was a splendid company to work for. Unfortunately the business office has closed and I am now out of work. A company named Athena has outsourced our work.
Pros
Pretty good benefits
Cons
the billing office closed
Role Ambiguity/Management
Abstractor (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLApril 24, 2017
For the most part I enjoyed my job as an abstractor. However, it was difficult to understand my job expectations. I did my best to ensure I did well. .
Pros
Traveled to Different Offices
Adventist Based work place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLMarch 23, 2017
I am a Float pool receptionist. You have to be very flexible and organized when doing this job. I work with many different people and doctors on a daily basis. The offices all work differently, so you have to as well. Versatile
fun place to work
Cash/Credit Payment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLMarch 16, 2017
everyone gets alone with others we work as teams
florida hosp med grp is a great place to work we have great benefits
and management is great I give it a 5 rating
fun, great, productive
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLFebruary 23, 2017
very busy greeting patients scheduling appointments and taking co-payments most enjoyable part of work day is helping and assisting patients with there needs.
A very fast and steady pace medical office.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLDecember 15, 2016
I enjoyed work within this office along with my coworker and the doctors. I really learned a lot of what it is to work a day in a medical office.
Faith-based organization
Senior Manager, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLDecember 13, 2016
The organization is wonderful to work for. The culture and the work is rewarding. There is not much room to advance though the organization is growing. Front line managers are great to work with and for as they value their employees, executive leadership is very disengaging to employees and you feel unappreciated.
Pros
Personally rewarding
Cons
Executive Leadership
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 29, 2016
Typical MA duties
There are many career advancement opportunities regardless of the department you work in. They also offer tuition reimbursement.
Productive Medical Establishment
Clerical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 20, 2016
Great work environment. Must be willing to learn.Great work hours. Great benefits, even for a part time employee.Location is fantastic; Several options to relocate within surrounding cities.
grat job
Consultant/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 3, 2016
very resourceful place for community organizations. very caring people who go the extra mile, the associates work hard to serve the needs of each individual business. They stay on top of their work
Good place to learn
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2016
I enjoyed the life of a float, as i could choose my schedule. Only issue is that there are no benefits, but that comes with the job. It is a good position i you want to explore different avenues in medicine or are ins chool.
Opportunities to learn and develop
Front Office/ File Clerk/ Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 14, 2015
Being a large company there is the opportunities to develop and learn from fellow employees and management. My favorite part of the job was actually doing my job as a medical clerk and learning records management.
Hectic place, very busy, patient's oriented as long as they have insurance
Receptionist/Charge Entry/Float (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2015
Is a business just like any other. The dollar sign is more important then anything.
Employees are just one more piece of the company to do their job and completely replaceable.
Cons
short lunch, no many friend at work, not allowed to be friends with nurses and doctors
productive work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  LAKE MARY, FLJune 23, 2015
Very well organized company and the most enjoyable part of my work was helping illness people and it was a nice place to work