Florida Hospital Medical Group

Florida Hospital Medical Group Employer Reviews

wonderful department
auditing specialist (Current Employee), maitlandJune 20, 2014
great experience meeting and educating physicians to improve documentation.
Always some kind of fund raisor, holiday outing or parties. Overall was I nice place to work everyday.
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee), Maitland, FLMay 28, 2014
Run HCPC's (J codes) and review for any NDC error's and verify that these codes have been billed correctly for the Cancer Institute of Florida
Work EOB denials and review to verify why denied, if medical records have been requested and authorization is missing or expired for the drug (J code) that was billed or is the insurance valid for the DOS billed, – more... or any other possible reason drug is not being paid. Also to verify that the administration code have been billed with the drug (J code) and if an office visit was done on the same day that the correct modifies are on the claim.
The other two practices that I was responsible for were Orthopedic which I also would work these denials once I verified why they were not paid I would correct the claim if needed,send medical records, add the needed modifier or verify the insurance.
Daily contact with the practices.
Daily correspondence has to be reviewed for documents being requested by the insurance companies or refund request letters, ect.
Field calls from insurance companies as well as multiple other tasks that come up on a daily basis, example work a special project per managers request or what ever else may be required of me. – less
Great place to work for Christian believers
Float Pool Receptionist (Current Employee), Maitland, FLFebruary 17, 2014
The opportunity to help the community is big here at Florida hospital
Needed more support
medical office worker (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 11, 2013
Pros: competitive salary, basic emr training
Cons: unfriendly co-workers who resented questions, revolving management
Continual changeover of supervisors. Not enough support for difficult assignments. Unkind physicians, medical assistants and front office staff. Can recall only one sympathetic office manager. Would actually sit at lunch in a room full of employees and everyone would be on their phone and not talk to each other. Dress code violations went unchecked. – more... Many were not team players and stuck only to their job assignment. Huge unwillingness to help, if you had a question. No encouragement or chance to move up. Thankful for the few employees that would answer a question without looking unhappy or mad. Many must enjoy job security because they were often unfriendly to the patients. Patient rooming was done in a huge rush without regard to the patient's needs.. Management would complain to the supervisor without any verbal communication to the employee beforehand. Unnecessary high stress work environment. – less
Productive and fun
Office Manager (Current Employee), East Orlando FloridaJune 30, 2013
The quality of work was exceptional. We where always guided and aware of the areas where needed improvement. The co workers and management had a real open communication.
productive environment
Office Manager (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FlJune 19, 2013
Pros: day and hours were excellent
Cons: no advacement
Good company to do internship in Management. Co-workers are friendly and professional. The hardest part of the job is not being able to accomplish your goals due to short of staffing. The most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference in someone else life.
Very political. It is not what you do but who you know.
Associate Directof (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: i felt that the pay and benefits were very competitive
Cons: they claim they are faith based but the only faith they have is the value of monely.
I worked for FPMG for five years in one practice. The last 18 months of my employment, I worked 7 days a week, including holidays. Though my Director never said I had to work those hours, I had to have all the billing completed at the end of the month, which was impossible to do working normal hours. Since I was a salaried employee, I never received – more... compensation for those hours. Under much duress which was conveyed to HR I misspoke to a subordinate employee which resulted in my termination. They never considered the 5 years that I did work there, never been written up or had a negative review. It was an open door for my Director to get rid of me. I wouldn't of minded, but they fought my unemployment (which I won) and I now have been virtually unemployed for three years because I am black listed and cannot get employment at ORMC either. – less

WHYME – February 26, 2013

Wow. Dear Very Political. It is not what you do but who you know. I have had this EXACT scenario happen to me not once but 3 times now. You give your all, do your best, get raises, don't get in trouble for doing ANYTHING WRONG.... when others around you are slacking off, calling in all the time or quitting. Then you get to do the extra work and if you can or can't keep up it doesn't matter and then you are suddenly canned for no reason. Same bad experience different locations. NOT FL H. though. It doesn't matter. It is the right to work state and the employers and other employees don't care it seems the more you screw up or kiss butt or socialize the more you succeed. Sorry but I go to work to do my job. It is sad. And now once again I am struggling to get a job and it was NOT my choice and I am over qualified and underpaid at 50.

Professional Physcian Coder
Physician Coder (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: enjoy my job & the people i work with
Cons: drive is far & alot of traffic
I am a professional coder. I code all surgeries from Inpatient to outpatient. I enjoy working here, but would like to code from home.
Need to be more understanding
INSURANCE VERIFICATION/FINANCIAL COUNSELOR (Former Employee), Kissimme, FloridaJune 15, 2012
Need to review staff work ethic and experience on an individual base before making determination. Need to compliment worker on a job well done, instead always complaining when something is wrong. Need to work well with others and stop been anti-social.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when I do something good for the patient.