Florida Hospital Medical Group Employee Reviews

grat job
Consultant/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 3, 2016
very resourceful place for community organizations. very caring people who go the extra mile, the associates work hard to serve the needs of each individual business. They stay on top of their work
Opportunities to learn and develop
Front Office/ File Clerk/ Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 14, 2015
Being a large company there is the opportunities to develop and learn from fellow employees and management. My favorite part of the job was actually doing my job as a medical clerk and learning records management.
Hectic place, very busy, patient's oriented as long as they have insurance
Receptionist/Charge Entry/Float (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2015
Is a business just like any other. The dollar sign is more important then anything.
Employees are just one more piece of the company to do their job and completely replaceable.
Cons
short lunch, no many friend at work, not allowed to be friends with nurses and doctors
Quality Improvement
(FHMG), Transition Specialist, (FHMG) (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLMay 26, 2015
I work with 22 Primary Care practices on a daily basis. Develop cross-functional teams in each practice and facilitate process improvement and quality indicator analysis. I co -manage these teams with a brilliant and enthusiastic colleague. We complement each other perfectly and achieve significant improvement continuously.

The most difficult aspects of my job navigating the strict hierarchy and class culture within the organization. The most enjoyable part of my job is working in the practices with providers and staff to remove barriers in the delivery of patient care.
Pros
Cross Functional Teams in the practices
Cons
Corporate Culture
Florida Hospital Medical Group
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FLMarch 18, 2015
Working in a clinical office as a clerical staff member means you must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment. Multitasking is a must. Being well educated on medical insurance is important as you must be able to explain to patients what they will owe and why. Basic mathematics and organization skills will also be necessary.
Pros
monday through friday schedule with holidays off
Cons
high pressure from management for more, more, more out of staff with fewer employess
misinformed job responsibilities
surgery scheduler (Former Employee) –  winter parkMarch 12, 2015
Unfortunately i thought this was a great organization to work for , i was so wrong .. there mission is not christian like they claim it is .. third day of training i was told by the staff that I HAD TO FAKE tO MAKE IT ! far from professional i must say .
Pros
none i quit in 3 days
Cons
misinformation of job responsibilities, Rude staff
Wonerful Place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Dora, FLMay 27, 2015
FHMG is a great place to work. They do a great job with training. My office manager is awesome, the patients are great. Co workers try and work as a team as much as possible.
Pros
Good medical benefits
Cons
No paid holidays, not easy to take time off.
my work place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 13, 2014
My typical day at work consist of, answering phones, making appointments, calling new patient referrals, checking patients in and out of office. My co worker and i get along very well, we are like sisters. There really isn't a hard part of in my job, we all help each other out and it makes the day go by pretty easy. All day at work is the best part of my job. since we all get along, it makes the day gop by very easy.
Helped patients answereing questions about their bill.
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 11, 2014
I worked for Florida Hospital right out of high school moved to Texas and went back to Florida Hospital for 14 yrs before moving to Cape Coral. I moved badk to Orlando in 2009 spend time with family and went back t Florida Hospital to work, it's a great company.
Pros
got great bonuses
Cons
just had to deal with irrate patient and was able to calm them down.
Need to be more understanding
INSURANCE VERIFICATION/FINANCIAL COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Kissimme, FloridaJune 15, 2012
Need to review staff work ethic and experience on an individual base before making determination. Need to compliment worker on a job well done, instead always complaining when something is wrong. Need to work well with others and stop been anti-social.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when I do something good for the patient.
Nice employees to work with
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLJune 9, 2015
Collections for several specialities, excellent co-workers, helping patients with their insurance claims and bills.
Pros
Made life long friends
productive work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  LAKE MARY, FLJune 23, 2015
Very well organized company and the most enjoyable part of my work was helping illness people and it was a nice place to work
productive environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FlJune 19, 2013
Good company to do internship in Management. Co-workers are friendly and professional. The hardest part of the job is not being able to accomplish your goals due to short of staffing. The most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference in someone else life.
Pros
day and hours were excellent
Cons
no advacement
Very political. It is not what you do but who you know.
Associate Directof (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 17, 2013
I worked for FPMG for five years in one practice. The last 18 months of my employment, I worked 7 days a week, including holidays. Though my Director never said I had to work those hours, I had to have all the billing completed at the end of the month, which was impossible to do working normal hours. Since I was a salaried employee, I never received compensation for those hours. Under much duress which was conveyed to HR I misspoke to a subordinate employee which resulted in my termination. They never considered the 5 years that I did work there, never been written up or had a negative review. It was an open door for my Director to get rid of me. I wouldn't of minded, but they fought my unemployment (which I won) and I now have been virtually unemployed for three years because I am black listed and cannot get employment at ORMC either.
Pros
i felt that the pay and benefits were very competitive
Cons
they claim they are faith based but the only faith they have is the value of monely.
A fun company
Auditing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLFebruary 26, 2015
A great place to work. Friendly and caring co-workers, a great boss with a caring and easy going attitude. I have learned alot about coding and auditing.
Excellent company values
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Celebration, FLJuly 13, 2014
very good company values and mission
Company should improve its PDO benefit
There is no legal holiday days off seperate from employees' PDO
Pros
employee advocate
Cons
time off benefit is poor
Professional Physcian Coder
Physician Coder (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 5, 2013
I am a professional coder. I code all surgeries from Inpatient to outpatient. I enjoy working here, but would like to code from home.
Pros
enjoy my job & the people i work with
Cons
drive is far & alot of traffic
Needed more support
medical office worker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 11, 2013
Continual changeover of supervisors. Not enough support for difficult assignments. Unkind physicians, medical assistants and front office staff. Can recall only one sympathetic office manager. Would actually sit at lunch in a room full of employees and everyone would be on their phone and not talk to each other. Dress code violations went unchecked. Many were not team players and stuck only to their job assignment. Huge unwillingness to help, if you had a question. No encouragement or chance to move up. Thankful for the few employees that would answer a question without looking unhappy or mad. Many must enjoy job security because they were often unfriendly to the patients. Patient rooming was done in a huge rush without regard to the patient's needs.. Management would complain to the supervisor without any verbal communication to the employee beforehand. Unnecessary high stress work environment.
Pros
competitive salary, basic emr training
Cons
unfriendly co-workers who resented questions, revolving management
Productive and fun
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  East Orlando FloridaJune 30, 2013
The quality of work was exceptional. We where always guided and aware of the areas where needed improvement. The co workers and management had a real open communication.
My first business experience
Executive Assistant to Chief Medical Officer (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLSeptember 28, 2014
I learned a lot at this position which gave me the knowledge to be able to expand me role

Florida Hospital Medical Group Reviews by Location