Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center

Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center Employee Reviews

learnig facility
Certified Nursing Assistant/Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLApril 22, 2015
Pros: A place that offers you a chance to learn new things daily.
Cons: under staffed at times
This is a wonderful place to learn different skills everyday. A very nice facility to experience new things and advance with your skills.I enjoyed everyone that worked with and those that I met on daily basis.
loved working for hospital
Secretary II (Former Employee), Ormond Beach, FLApril 12, 2015
Pros: opportunity to grow
Cons: none
I was hired as a CNA/ Home Health aide right out of school and I loved everyday. I grew in Florida Hospital as a person and as a valued employee for 16 yrs. I had the opportunity to move up in the medial field . I learned a lot from my co workers and Doctors and Administrators I have worked with. this is truly a great place to work
High quality, Christian-based, supportive work environment
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FloridaMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Supportive environment, good benefits, interesting work.
Cons: Adapting to constantly changing healthcare initiatives.
Fast-paced diverse work environment. Required excellent verbal, written and organizational skills. Daily contact with Administration, Management, patients, families, physicians and nursing staff. Assisted gathering data and preparing agendas, meeting minutes, spreadsheets, Power Point presentations, educational brochures and letters in the areas of Risk Management, Performance Improvement, Patient Safety, Infection Control, Patient Relations & Education. Supportive team environment. Interacted with every medical and non-medical department. Assisted Management with documentation for The Joint Commission and the Agency for Health Care Administration. Participated in Annual Food Drive and Spirit of Christmas employee family program. Christian-based mission and goals of serving community with compassion, quality and integrity. Most enjoyable part of job was my daily interaction with everyone. Most challenging part of job was performing at peak levels on a continued basis.
Very busy
PBX Operator/Receptionist (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Less hours
I have a great team at fhmmc, we all work together and always update each other on new things that are going on in the hospital. my typical day at fhmmc is very fast paced. I always make sure patients and family members get the right service here at our hospital. Our goal is to do our christian mission work with compassion.
THIS PLACE IS RIDICULOUS!!!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Ormond Beach, FLNovember 14, 2014
There is nothing great about this place. Nurses get 8 patients a piece with 1 tech for 40 36 patients. Charge nurse has a full group because they are so short staffed and wont allow for anyone to be called in. Unsafe practices all around. Management is incompetent and only care about the bottom line. They do not care about the patients at all.
Excellent company to work with
Denial Management Representative (Current Employee), Ormond Beach, FLOctober 7, 2014
Pros: great benefits
I've been working for Florida Hospital since 12/2008, and I have been very proud of been working for this great company. The reason of why I am looking for a new career, because I love to challenge myself and there's always a way to improve.
I was working with greatest nurses and doctors
Staff RN (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJune 26, 2014
It was my first hospital. I really appreciate this place for opportunity to graduate from nursing school and have great experience as a new nurse.
Great place and environment!
Environmental Services Attendant (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLApril 28, 2014
Pros: decent pay, $5 lunch credit, meeting lots of great people
Cons: hard work...sometime downright disgusting, food in cafe is expensive, i have outgrown the job.
I clean the hospital. Not the most fun job in the hospital, but the work is consistent. The management is great. Coming from someone that is all over every square inch of that place, I can say that almost everyone there has a nice demeanor. I just graduated college and I am looking forward to other opportunities within the same company.
Enjoyable and educational place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMarch 18, 2014
This Company has a good work environment and an enviable patient care record
The staff is hardworking and skilled.
Radiological Technologist (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 10, 2014
Everyone works as a team. The techs are very knowledgeable.
I love my job,,
Unit Secretary, Serv Excellence Clin., PCTII (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLDecember 3, 2013
Pros: spiritual family atmosphere. everyone respects each other.
This has been one of the best places I have ever worked..

A lot has changed since last January, and I feel more like a number now instead of the valued employee I once was. Which was what attracted me in the first place.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with and the patients I care for.. and is what I love the most.

The hardest part of the job are the physical demands when your short staffed.
Fullfilling
Sonographer (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLAugust 24, 2013
Pros: learning oportunities that where made availble
Cons: manamement needed to be more considerate of workers
Very grateful for the radiologists that made our job as techs more enjoyable with their encouragement and always helping us learn. Greatly appriciated my coworker very
Productive place of employment with a wonderful work enviornment.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FloridaFebruary 21, 2013
I would recommend this hospital for all job-seekers in the medical industry as well as patients needing medical attention.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FloridaAugust 27, 2012
This organization has been great working with my very busy schedule with school.

September 14, 2012

I am currently working part time at dr office in Port orange and would love to work for Florida hospital but have not been able to get any response when i apply for positions there. I went to school for MA and have lots of experience in adminstrative duties in the medical field. So what is the key to success in landing a position there?

Helping others become my independent on them self
Unit Secretary & Patient Care Tech. (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJuly 27, 2012
i work with some of the most caring people i know. i work with patients coming out of heart surgery that are need everyday asst. on healing to be able and go home and be able to do for them selves. the most rewarding part of my job is that i'm touching someones life that is getting better and is able to go home and be with there family.

i also do desk work and helping out the charge nurses by answering call lights and consulting doctors.
Helping others get become my independent on them self
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJuly 27, 2012

About Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center

Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital – Read more

Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center Salaries

Registered Nurse
$42,000 per year
$5,000 per month
Case Manager
$12.00 per hour

Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center Photos

The good old days.
Flagler Hospital when it was a fun place to work.