Florida Hospital Tampa Employee Reviews

I made a difference
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33613December 23, 2016
I enjoyed my work as a Registered Nurse at FHT. It was a night shift Neurological Floor and we were responsible for the care of six patients for three twelve hour shifts per week. It was rewarding work, but disruptive to my family life.
Pros
Great pay with differentials for night shift and weekend work
Cons
Patients were often confused and could be combative., It was very difficult getting proper sleep during the day.
Overall good place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2016
The hospital environment is one that is healthy, employees are typically friendly and the support to the staff is good. The organization sometime is unorganized as policies is often changing. I don't have any major complains.
great place
Pediatric RN (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33613November 12, 2016
I work as a pediatric nurse and also function as a charge nurse and a clinical coach. I also was able to float to the nicu and picu
Cohesive acute rehab team
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 11, 2016
A well-rounded cohesive group of individuals who put patients' needs first. Occasionally pick up STAT evaluations and are flexible with schedules.
Coworkers are awesome
Patient Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 25, 2016
Very fast paced environment. Never a dull moment and always on the go, go, go. I would love to work there again. Definitely opportunity for growth
Unorganized and the Doctor/Nurse relations are horrible.
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 16, 2016
I came from a top rated hospital up north to here and let me tell you I was never more scared in my nursing career of losing my license then during my two year contract with this company. To start they run understaffed all the time. Theres a reason why they cant keep nurses and the big one is because of the doctors. The doctors will burn you out real quick. I had to constantly deal with nurses putting in wrong orders because the doctors think your their personal assistants and will belittle you for telling them they need to put their own orders in. The doctors themselves dont pay attention to what their telling you to put in and the medications are always wrong in some way and then they put the blame on you. Instead of focusing on the patients you constantly have to babysit the doctors. I've personally have had it happen to me and have seen it countless time happen to other nurses. Management dont have a clue how to run this place. It needs to be unionized and I for one have never worked for a union hospital but this is a case in which one is needed. A good day is when you have four nurses and a charge and get out by 830. Everyone calls off all the time and when you finally have a full staff they float you to other areas because they cant keep enough staff. They complain about overtime and over spending but throw lavish Christmas parties with fake snow and cater out steaks and garbage gifts to try and make you feel like their actually doing good. Personally if you have a business thats in the red and cant keep staff you definitely don't need fancy Christmas parties. I could  more... write a book on this place but ill leave it at this. Stay away the health insurance is ridiculous you'd be better with obama care. Never had to file appeals to get a emergency surgery covered for my husband that he needed or he would have lost his arm. They have their own health insurance so you must see their doctors and after the things I saw there you wouldn't trust your own family to be touched by the doctors. The good doctors won't take that insurance because it's so bad. If you consider yourself a good nurse dont apply here.  less
Pros
You can bring your family here during a hurricane
Cons
The whole hospital is a con. Health insurance, overworked, unsafe, and poor management
Tertiary hospital with great mission and values
RN Vascular Access Team PICC (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 20, 2016
Tertiary hospital with great mission and values, Specialty in Cardiac care, new ED and Pediatric ED, warm climate near several beaches
Still needs improvement in a lot of areas
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Florida Hospital TampaAugust 10, 2016
Best place in Florida that I have worked. The laboratory gets little respect. Overall most departments are probably understaffed. The hospital has had a lot of improvements over the last few years.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Laboratory gets little respect compared to nursing.
like a ping pongball
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 21, 2016
Mostly great people to work with. lots of whining nurses that don't want to follow policies and procedures then they whine to the AVP'S and then do nothing to help. Its like being on an island.
Productive and exciting work place
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 4, 2016
Working as a Volunteer at Florida Hospital Tampa has provided me with the experience that I had set out to find. A typical day consisted of helping visitiors find or accomplish what brought them to me, as well as aiding staff members whenver and wherever they ask for assistance. The staff is friendly and willing to instruct me on how to do better in this work environment. My only issue with the job is that volunteers are not given any training before being given their assigned possition, making the job somewhat challenging in the beginning. Beyond that, working as a volunteer at Florida Hospital Tampa has been a tremendous first step into the field of healthcare.
Pros
Free Lunches, recorded volunteer experience, flexible schedule
Cons
No training before assignment for volunteers.
Fast-paced and busy at times, but my colleagues are very helpful and supportive!
Registered Nurse- in Coronary Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 19, 2016
I work in a very busy Critical Care Unit with a very dedicated group of RN's. Some days are very busy and hectic but I can count on my co-workers to be supportive.
A caring and spiritual place to work
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN II (REGISTERED/ CERTIFIED) (Current Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLApril 25, 2016
I love this company and the people I get to work with everyday. I am moving to Palm Coast, FL and while I will miss everyone here, I look forward to new opportunities and challenges. Being a Pharmacy Technician is a wonderful way to help our patients.
ok under staffed work place
Nurse Tech/PUC (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 14, 2016
great flexibility, everyone works together could pay more and use more staff. company needs more incentive and more things to show appreciation for staff
The work at Florida Hospital Tampa
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 18, 2016
If you know you are a hard worker, I think it is a good place to work. You will have opportunities to grow professionally and making money.
The use of technologies to do the work is one of the most enjoyable part of the job. You do not need to fill out papers when transporting patient. Florida Hospital Tampa is a paperless workplace. The staff directors are aware about the future world.
Great Spiritual Focus on HealthCare
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 2, 2016
Innovative HealthCare with a focus on the patient with the CREATION Health as a guideline for patient care.
A great place continue expounding on your knowledge base and encouragement to further your education and career.
Pros
Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ as their Mission
Cons
Not as many benefit offerings as the Orlando Campus
Growing in the Wrong Direction - Pun Intended
Imaging (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 19, 2016
A typical work day was very busy day in and day out. The cafeteria food is not very good at all. My coworkers were awesome. Most of them anyway.
decent place to work but it can have it's difficulties per department
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 27, 2015
I have been a cna at Florida Hospital Tampa for 1 year and some change ... it isn't a really bad place to work. It can have certain issue depending on the department, but as with most hospitals tech get the bad end of the stick. The biggest problem is being so short staffed. The best thing is they are pretty good with giving out raises every year.
Pros
raises
Cons
not enough staff members
Ok Place to work
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 17, 2015
Staff & facility very nice...sometimes things aren't ran properly maintenance is horrible something breaks it takes very long time to fix. Needs better administration & experience individuals. Nice rehab center would recommend it to anyone who was in trauma accident or elderly trying to get physical stability together.
Pros
Free Lunch, Payroll Deduct
Cons
Time Clock issues, Cafeteria very small
Never again
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 10, 2015
Revolving door in my dept. I should have known when 3 people left my first few weeks on the job. I'm constantly doing double the work because we keep losing people. I was feeling burned out within my first few months. I couldn't stand going to the floors, being around patient care (sputum/spitting, throw up, blood, smell of bowel movements) It made me sick to my stomach. I'm so happy I never have to see that place again!!!
Pros
The friends I've made at work.
Cons
Everything about the job duties.
Good Organization to work for
Data Analyst, Quality Department (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 6, 2015
Enjoy working with all levels of personnel who have very positive personalities. Very friendly for Nurses. Benefits are good, advancement for non clinical is fair.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Hospital Tampa. Our community is ready to answer.

Florida Hospital Tampa Reviews by Location