Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel

Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel Employee Reviews

Lots of area to Learn
Quality Patient Navigator (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLMay 4, 2017
Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel is a great place to learn. Love the team feel as well as always knowing there is help available when needed. Awesome place to work.
Get a chance to meet new people
Gift Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLMay 1, 2017
Volunteering at Florida Hospital of Wesley Chapel taught me how to communicate with others and get a chance to meet new people with different backgrounds.
bad workplace because of different mangement of housekeeping
Environmental Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 12, 2017
clean all areas in hospital. patient and operating rooms. very poor management. I have work there since they opened. change over four different management from crothel company. there is no training from any supervisors. Coworkers trained un experienced family members. I HAVE trained my old supervisor of how to clean hospitals from offices to surgery rooms and patient rooms. NEW management was very racist toward me.
Worst example of a "Christian" organization ever, hostile work environment, bosses are bullies
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLMarch 29, 2017
They may extend the healing ministry of Christ to patients but certainly not to employees. I've never been treated so poorly in my life. The director was a bully and behaved in VERY unprofessional manner. Management does not even seem to care about the many unprofessional activities that go on here.
Pros
good salary
Cons
poor management
Great Place!
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLFebruary 12, 2017
Recommend it! I had a wonderful time working there as a student. I would love to work there as an X-ray Technician in the future! Hoping for the very best!
Loved it
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLOctober 2, 2016
A great place to work. The hospital is very nice and the people there are great. The supervisors were very understanding and worked with my schedule.
Great team work. Very nice place to work.
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLSeptember 20, 2016
Now it is slow and the manager is always trying to give us our hours. Very understanding about our live situations. Hospital expansion is almost done and work will pick up.
worst management ever in the er
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJuly 17, 2016
Worked in the ER since it opened and the management is the worst I have ever seen. Supervisors are having affairs with staff, pt to staff ratio is 1:6 the CNO and CEO has no clue whats really going on as long as your patient satisfactions scores are high they are happy. This environment is hostile and unprofessional.
Pros
money is good
Cons
unless your the managers pet youll never move up in the company
Excellent Place to work, great work culture
Medical Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLSeptember 24, 2015
The culture and the team at FHWC was wonderful. A great place to work. Professional with it's members centered on healing with Inspired Health as to mantra which guides the care given.
Productive and Hard-working environment
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FL/ Physician GroupAugust 18, 2015
An innovative and new hospital with small and yet-to-develop pulmonology team. Although you could have grown a lot in the department a lack of support in management was there. Overall, you learn a lot on your own and more then you thought you would have ended with.
Pros
Cons
Short staff for my team
The best job I've had so far.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  ICU/PCUAugust 5, 2015
The atmosphere is positive and energetic. Patient care is valued with a management emphasis on getting things right. Team work is effortless and often there is no need to ask for help, it's offered. Education is not encouraged through promotion, increased pay rate or reimbursement. There is an education reimbursement program but it is pale in comparison to competing hospitals. Advancement in to management is slow if not impossible. Years in the company or of general nursing experience are not considered when management positions are filled.
Pros
Great team work, supplies available, good patient to nurse ratios, and competitive pay.
Cons
No incentive or opportunity to advance in education or position.
Enjoyable place to work family atmosphere
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FloridaMarch 24, 2015
Typical day at work is dealing with patients, making sure I have them ready for their test, trying to make sure they are calm. Also I make sure first thing in the morning that all rooms are stocked and ready o go. At Florida Hospital I learned how to work as a family. We all worked together to achieve the ultimate goal of the best patient care. The hardest part of the job is when the patient has unexpected bad news, and the greatest part is just getting to know the patients and making them smile. I have to say, my manager is the best manager I have ever had. she cares and will do anything for you outside of work to help you out.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
When a patient gets bad news
Inexperience Management
Health Information Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLAugust 5, 2014
Inexperienced Management, make commitments but never follow through.

Redundant work and lacks advancement.

Worked in an enclosed file/storage room with no windows.

Nice co-workers overall.

Expects the employee to have a degree for a entry-level job.
Pros
New hospital
Cons
generic healthcare benefits
Fun
Gift Shop Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJune 25, 2014
The staff are great people, and so are the guests. The environment is clean and very modern.
auditor
Physician Enterprise (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJanuary 5, 2014
Reviews charts documentation thoroughly to ascertain all diagnoses/procedures. Works closely with Physicians to educate and address specific problem areas. Codes all diagnoses/procedures in accordance to ICD-9-CM coding principles and HIM Coding Policy, effectively accesses and utilizes computerized record documentation, and coding/abstracting software. Keep current regarding applicable Medicare and other payers coding updates and changes. Med software; PWPM, Cerner, Encoder, Excel, etc….
Pros
flexible
No comment
Part time Staff Therapist (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FloridaOctober 22, 2013
I was hired to do PFTs, EKGs and assist with bronchoscopies. I was then expected to learn how to perform as a regular staff therapist to help out when needed because they only staffed one therapist for the entire hospital at the time. I was to take the CPFT exam within my first 3 months of hire, which I took a little late and did not pass the exam by 1 questions and I was then let go from employment.
Great CEO but management needs help
Assisting nursing (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJuly 25, 2013
The hospital is still in its toddler stage. There are a lot of kinks that need to be worked out throughout the hospital. Communication is poor between management and staff.
Pros
Beautiful new hospital and equipment. Great CEO
Cons
Poor communication, management still seems to be learning
Christ based healing
Surgical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FlJune 9, 2013
Brand new facility. Still working out the kinks of a new facility opening. Work with a nice group of people.
Pros
Working independently
Cons
Opportunities for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel. Our community is ready to answer.

Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel Reviews by Location