Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel

Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel Employee Reviews

Easy and fast paced
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLFebruary 9, 2017
It is a good workplace and nice co workers. I feel like the pay per hour would have been enough if we weren't constantly understaffed and overworked. They are always offering overtime. Overall if it wasn't for it being constantly understaffed I probably would rate it a 4 star place to work. Also, decent benefits but no birth control is available in the health insurance and braces for individuals over the age of 19 are nonexistent.
Pros
Easy, good co workers, nice boss.
Cons
Fast paced, always understaffed, huge turnover rate.
worst management ever in the er
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJuly 17, 2016
Worked in the ER since it opened and the management is the worst I have ever seen. Supervisors are having affairs with staff, pt to staff ratio is 1:6 the CNO and CEO has no clue whats really going on as long as your patient satisfactions scores are high they are happy. This environment is hostile and unprofessional.
Pros
money is good
Cons
unless your the managers pet youll never move up in the company
Great Place!
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLFebruary 12, 2017
Recommend it! I had a wonderful time working there as a student. I would love to work there as an X-ray Technician in the future! Hoping for the very best!
Great team work. Very nice place to work.
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLSeptember 20, 2016
Now it is slow and the manager is always trying to give us our hours. Very understanding about our live situations. Hospital expansion is almost done and work will pick up.
Loved it
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLOctober 2, 2016
A great place to work. The hospital is very nice and the people there are great. The supervisors were very understanding and worked with my schedule.
Inexperience Management
Health Information Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLAugust 5, 2014
Inexperienced Management, make commitments but never follow through.

Redundant work and lacks advancement.

Worked in an enclosed file/storage room with no windows.

Nice co-workers overall.

Expects the employee to have a degree for a entry-level job.
Pros
New hospital
Cons
generic healthcare benefits
The best job I've had so far.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  ICU/PCUAugust 5, 2015
The atmosphere is positive and energetic. Patient care is valued with a management emphasis on getting things right. Team work is effortless and often there is no need to ask for help, it's offered. Education is not encouraged through promotion, increased pay rate or reimbursement. There is an education reimbursement program but it is pale in comparison to competing hospitals. Advancement in to management is slow if not impossible. Years in the company or of general nursing experience are not considered when management positions are filled.
Pros
Great team work, supplies available, good patient to nurse ratios, and competitive pay.
Cons
No incentive or opportunity to advance in education or position.
Productive and Hard-working environment
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FL/ Physician GroupAugust 18, 2015
An innovative and new hospital with small and yet-to-develop pulmonology team. Although you could have grown a lot in the department a lack of support in management was there. Overall, you learn a lot on your own and more then you thought you would have ended with.
Pros
Cons
Short staff for my team
Enjoyable place to work family atmosphere
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FloridaMarch 24, 2015
Typical day at work is dealing with patients, making sure I have them ready for their test, trying to make sure they are calm. Also I make sure first thing in the morning that all rooms are stocked and ready o go. At Florida Hospital I learned how to work as a family. We all worked together to achieve the ultimate goal of the best patient care. The hardest part of the job is when the patient has unexpected bad news, and the greatest part is just getting to know the patients and making them smile. I have to say, my manager is the best manager I have ever had. she cares and will do anything for you outside of work to help you out.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
When a patient gets bad news
Excellent Place to work, great work culture
Medical Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLSeptember 24, 2015
The culture and the team at FHWC was wonderful. A great place to work. Professional with it's members centered on healing with Inspired Health as to mantra which guides the care given.
auditor
Physician Enterprise (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJanuary 5, 2014
Reviews charts documentation thoroughly to ascertain all diagnoses/procedures. Works closely with Physicians to educate and address specific problem areas. Codes all diagnoses/procedures in accordance to ICD-9-CM coding principles and HIM Coding Policy, effectively accesses and utilizes computerized record documentation, and coding/abstracting software. Keep current regarding applicable Medicare and other payers coding updates and changes. Med software; PWPM, Cerner, Encoder, Excel, etc….
Pros
flexible
Cons
Great CEO but management needs help
Assisting nursing (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJuly 25, 2013
The hospital is still in its toddler stage. There are a lot of kinks that need to be worked out throughout the hospital. Communication is poor between management and staff.
Pros
Beautiful new hospital and equipment. Great CEO
Cons
Poor communication, management still seems to be learning
No comment
Part time Staff Therapist (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FloridaOctober 22, 2013
I was hired to do PFTs, EKGs and assist with bronchoscopies. I was then expected to learn how to perform as a regular staff therapist to help out when needed because they only staffed one therapist for the entire hospital at the time. I was to take the CPFT exam within my first 3 months of hire, which I took a little late and did not pass the exam by 1 questions and I was then let go from employment.
Christ based healing
Surgical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FlJune 9, 2013
Brand new facility. Still working out the kinks of a new facility opening. Work with a nice group of people.
Pros
Working independently
Cons
Opportunities for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel. Our community is ready to answer.

Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel Reviews by Location