Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel Employee Reviews

Excellent Place to work, great work culture
Medical Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLSeptember 24, 2015
The culture and the team at FHWC was wonderful. A great place to work. Professional with it's members centered on healing with Inspired Health as to mantra which guides the care given.
The best job I've had so far.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  ICU/PCUAugust 5, 2015
The atmosphere is positive and energetic. Patient care is valued with a management emphasis on getting things right. Team work is effortless and often there is no need to ask for help, it's offered. Education is not encouraged through promotion, increased pay rate or reimbursement. There is an education reimbursement program but it is pale in comparison to competing hospitals. Advancement in to management is slow if not impossible. Years in the company or of general nursing experience are not considered when management positions are filled.
Pros
Great team work, supplies available, good patient to nurse ratios, and competitive pay.
Cons
No incentive or opportunity to advance in education or position.
Enjoyable place to work family atmosphere
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FloridaMarch 24, 2015
Typical day at work is dealing with patients, making sure I have them ready for their test, trying to make sure they are calm. Also I make sure first thing in the morning that all rooms are stocked and ready o go. At Florida Hospital I learned how to work as a family. We all worked together to achieve the ultimate goal of the best patient care. The hardest part of the job is when the patient has unexpected bad news, and the greatest part is just getting to know the patients and making them smile. I have to say, my manager is the best manager I have ever had. she cares and will do anything for you outside of work to help you out.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
When a patient gets bad news
Inexperience Management
Health Information Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLAugust 5, 2014
Inexperienced Management, make commitments but never follow through.

Redundant work and lacks advancement.

Worked in an enclosed file/storage room with no windows.

Nice co-workers overall.

Expects the employee to have a degree for a entry-level job.
Pros
new hospital
Cons
generic healthcare benefits
Fun
Gift Shop Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJune 25, 2014
The staff are great people, and so are the guests. The environment is clean and very modern.
No comment
Part time Staff Therapist (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FloridaOctober 22, 2013
I was hired to do PFTs, EKGs and assist with bronchoscopies. I was then expected to learn how to perform as a regular staff therapist to help out when needed because they only staffed one therapist for the entire hospital at the time. I was to take the CPFT exam within my first 3 months of hire, which I took a little late and did not pass the exam by 1 questions and I was then let go from employment.
Great CEO but management needs help
Assisting nursing (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJuly 25, 2013
The hospital is still in its toddler stage. There are a lot of kinks that need to be worked out throughout the hospital. Communication is poor between management and staff.
Pros
beautiful new hospital and equipment. great ceo
Cons
poor communication, management still seems to be learning