Florida Hospital Employee Reviews

High maintenance Hospital full with politics
Sales Manager altamonte hospital (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMarch 24, 2017
Benefits are amazing..... you can definitely feel the difference between the campuses.
Smaller campus so everyone knows you
Somewhat family oriented not alot of people there have children or are married so there more career based and less sympathic of those with kids and families. If your non clinical yout not important. The veteram nurse's are rude and the new nurse's well they know it all. 80% of management don't care and avoid department issues the other 20% do the minimal so they are not judge or looked down upon by staff. Non clinical employees are treated horribly. Clinical staff do whatever they want. Hr fights for there own and not the people. Nothings confidential there's always a loop.
Pros
Great er department... cleanest hospital ive seen...great giftshop staff.. awesome benefits..
Cons
Poor management... horrible hr... rude and entitled employees.. not faith based at alllllll
Not the best
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Sebring, FLMarch 20, 2017
Overworked and underpaid for the area. No real help with the daily duties,on call basically 24/7-365. With proper help this would have been a great job.
staffing issues
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLMarch 15, 2017
The staffing department was not very reliable. They frequently understaffed the departments and made last minute changes with out notifying the employees. They also turn in paper work late such as vacation requests and bonus requests.
Well rounded work enviornment
Material distribution (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 15, 2017
Overall I would rate my time of working at Florida Hospital at 10. There is always an opportunity to advance in the company. Florida Hospital provides all the resources needed to help you grow and learn.
Florida Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 14, 2017
This a great place to work I have been been able to expand on both personal and professional levels. There is a great crew to work with and team expanding functions are planned monthly.
Very sound corporate driven company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 12, 2017
I've learned how to adapt to new environment and company/department protocols. It is a very safe workplace. Hardest part of the job is trying to fit patients in a schedule where there isn't much wiggle room, therefore delaying treatment. The most enjoyable part of the job is two fold; seeing our patients succeed and forming work and personal friendships with coworkers.
Pros
Working with cohesive working staff members.
Cons
Budget cuts in staff.
Good benefits
RN (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 12, 2017
This company does offer great benefits package and good compensation. It is a large company with many possibilities. Hospital work is their main area of employment.
Great Place To Work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 12, 2017
A great Place to learn and Grow.Really enjopy being a part of the team. I would trust them with my life . The supervisors treat you like family. No problem is too big big or too small. I have learned so many new skills since employed.
Florida Hospital Tampa
Administrative Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 9, 2017
Awesome place to work and build career as well as offers of spiritual personal support. Very interested and positive in their personnel. Family style support and team players.
Pros
wellness, spiritual, healthy life style free programs.
Cons
parking, year-end budget cuts
very well established organization
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 6, 2017
Having growing pains in terms of managing a provider practice plan but has substantial financial resources so I expect they will master this task at some point with the right mix of leadership and reporting matrix
Pros
very well established healthcare organization with a great reputation
Cons
it is difficult for a hospital system to manage a practice plan, they are having groing pains in the form of turnover
A Typical Work Day
Apopka, Health Unit Coordinator, PCU (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLMarch 3, 2017
A typical work day for me is that I'm always busy even on the slowest days. There is always something to be done. It makes it even better when you work with great people.
Pros
Being able to communicate and speak up when something isnt right.
Cons
Short breaks
Great Place to work
Cafeteria staff (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMarch 1, 2017
Work could be hard depending on what position you are placed. handling super hot items in the kitchen, long standing hours in the cafeteria; however, time flies cause you at busy, and the supervisors are nice
Great Place to work and to grow
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMarch 1, 2017
I love what I do. I work in a wonderful hospital with a wonderful staff and meeting meeting wonderful people. I enjoy caring for others.
Work from Home
Centra Care Private Pay Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 28, 2017
I have been working for this company for the last 11 years and enjoy what I do and that is mostly customer service. I like fulfilling my job as a customer service representative and know that i have met up to each and everyone of the patient expectations. I enjoy when they get the final outcome of getting that appointment scheduled.
Pros
being able to sit and talk on the phone and fulfill the duty expected of me
Cons
not being able to be with my fellow co workers as they are in Orlando
great place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 27, 2017
A great company to work for and easy going. The management is great and flexible with the work schedule. They are also compassionate and caring for each employee and I enjoy beginning my career in a great facility.
Education Department
COMPLIANCE EDUCATOR, EDUCATION DEPARTMENT (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLFebruary 23, 2017
Needs new management.This is including the manager. Put in place by the VP after working as their assistant. No management or experience in this field.
Cons
Working with people with no experience
Wonderful place to work
Referral Specialist/Hospitalist Program Liaison (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLFebruary 23, 2017
This is a great organization. I appreciated their faith based approach to Patient Care and the Medical Field in general. I had the privilege of working with a group of smart, talented, and wonderful women. Most of my day was spent on the phone and computer systems but I found it to be very rewarding. I would love the opportunity to work for this organization again someday.
Pros
Faith based approach, great people, good wages and benefits
Cons
Can't think of any at this time.
Fun workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 22, 2017
Excellent team work! Manager really cares about employees. Staff is always willing to help each other out. I just wish we had more CNAs and Phlebotomists.
Great place to grow.
Discharge call manager RN/ relief charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 21, 2017
FHT was a great place to learn and climb up the corporate ladder. If you are a new nurse, I would recommend FHT to all nursing staff. It was a supportive place to learn the safe, efficient and effective way to become a RN.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
overworked
Very busy Hospital
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 17, 2017
Very busy all day,I learned a lot by working in a inpatient pharmacy,from preparing compounds to preparing IVS,injectable antibiotics and delivering medications to the nurse station,I loved to work in this hospital and I enjoyed the time I worked with them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2