Florida Hospital Employee Reviews

Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 15, 2018
it is a dirty hospital with lacking management. they are worried what the church will say more then they worry about what happens to the emplyees it sucks working there
Respected and fun environment
Housekeeping/Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 15, 2018
At Florida Hospital they are great people, work is fun and safe, doctor's and nurses are very respectful to everyone, it's a great environment with positive feedback
Pros
Discount on all purchase
Cons
Short breaks
Fl
Senior Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2018
I enjoyed my time at FL Hospital that change from day shift pharmacist to overnight pharmacist was not good for my work/life balance. I left FL Hospital to due to the negative impact of overnight shifts to my family.
Pros
colleagues
Cons
overnight shifts
Fun face paced work environment
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dade City, FLJanuary 14, 2018
Loved working at Florida hospital. Fast paced environment. Great people wonderful manager. Friendly patients. Worked hand in hand with the physician daily. Learned new things everyday.
Great job and environment to work in
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 13, 2018
The Florida Hospital in Altamonte is a fulfilling place to work. There are great benefits as well as a balanced work and job life in regards to stability.
The medical billing department team is an awesome team. We collaborate and focus on improving the organization and providing care for our patients.
Fast pace, rewarding work environment.
Healthy, friendly, and clean environment. Organized electronic health records, which are easy to work with patients and staff. Good Nursing staff.
Altamonte Florida Hospital is a very good hospital. The hospital is famous for being one of the best cardiac centers in the area. The joint replacement center is very good and affordable.
Pros
Reliable, quick-paced, caring, diligent, organized, updated.
Cons
No cons
Family oriented company
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Placid, FLJanuary 13, 2018
Management is laid back and down to earth. Coworkers treat you like family. Their overall mission is one to truly admire. The Lake Placid Heartland division is all about friendship and helping each other out.
corporate America!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 12, 2018
I very much enjoyed working for Florida Hospital. I was hired during a transition period, so noticed a significant difference between year 1 and year 2! Difference was so drastic, that I did not renew contract!
Pros
solid company
Cons
understaffed
the hardest part of the job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 10, 2018
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the micromanagement of the employees. The benefits were okay but could have been better. The culture was great.
Good job for stability but LOW PAY!
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJanuary 10, 2018
Florida Hospital is a good company if your looking for stability and a good environment. The only problem I have and many other employees have is the pay. They pay is very low compared to other companies. The raises they go by a percentage so the highest your raise may be is .34 cent which in 5 years you keep getting raises like that you won’t be getting paid anything to cost or living.
Pros
Work life balance, good mangers
Cons
Pay, no parking, expensive food
Great!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 9, 2018
Great place to work and I love the people. Florida hospital cares about their employees and patients. Patient centered care is always the main focus!!
I feel like I have learned a lot.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33613January 9, 2018
Its an outstanding company to work for. You get a lot of benefit, and I have learned a lot working with the doctors I am working with. I feel like after working here I can work in an work place.
Steady employment. Not enough emphasis placed on experience
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 8, 2018
While working at Florida Hospital is pleasant, the emphasis is placed on qualifications and not experience. This makes a disparity in work performance and cohesiveness among peers.
Pros
Job stability, good benefits
Cons
Favoritism, Seniority in the job place is barely recognized.
Great learning environment
Emergency Department Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 8, 2018
Florida Hospital Orlando has a very high volume and critical patient load. General orientation is really long. Their EMR is a bit redundant but its only part of the job. Its a great place to obtain additional hands on learning experience.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Pay
Best place to work.
Rapid Response Nurse (Current Employee) –  ALtamonte Spring, FloridaJanuary 8, 2018
Cristian atmosphere and excellence everywhere! I have work for this hospital for 27 years. The nurses are great and very compassionate. The administration is very supportive of nurses. I would recommend this hospital to anyone.
Pros
has lots to oofer to employees
Investigational Drugs
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN II (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 8, 2018
Doing good work and learning a lot. So far so good. Relaxed environment with many different opportunities to learn something new and be apart and do.
Pros
Enjoyable environment
Cons
still waiting to see
A great place to work!
Nutritional Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 7, 2018
Florida Hospital has a mission to "extend the healing ministry of Christ." They carry out their mission. It is a place where you feel very supported and they believe in work/life balance.
Only employer as nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 6, 2018
Hospital growing fast, a lot of new faces. Emphasize on unit education. There is a lot of potential for growth. Large population of nusing staff continuing to get their Nurse Practitioner
Great place. To work
ICU RN Clinical Staffing Resource (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 5, 2018
People are nice to work with, fair assignments . Rotating weekends. Excellent benefits, can work overtime on any unit with manager approval. Float pool was fun
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Make yourself take a break
Expected More
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 3, 2018
I worked there while going to their college to finish my health care degree. When I was done they told me they had no placement for me in the company, but a lot of my classmates got hired. We had priority because we study there, but instead they hired from outside sources.
The Hospital has got way too big to be covered by the lab.
The Lab has not been remodeled or expanded to cover the needs of a hospital that went from 1000 beds to 2000 beds in a matter of a few years. The employees are under paid and under a lot of pressure, cause the load of work has grown too much but the machines and the staff in the lab has not in years.
There is not much opportunities for professional growth or placement.
Pros
Benefits are competitive
Cons
Twice workload, under paid and under staffed
Good company
Ancillary Senior Registration & Coding (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLJanuary 3, 2018
This is a good company to work for and grow within. If you are looking for the health care field this could be the place for you. You also receive great benefits when you become a full time employee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.