Florida Hospital Employee Reviews

Productivity
Pre-Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FL 32751September 27, 2016
My work day consist of opening up all my work fields,
sorting my list,
sorting my number for the list,
calling my list,
gathering precertification for my list,
completing my retro accounts,
completing my emails,
completing my faxes,
sending my faxed,
requesting clinical for continued stay,
ect..
Pros
i get to listen to music to make the time go bye
Cons
not enough time in a day to all my task completed in a days work
Non-medical staff treatment
Health Unit Coordinator/Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 26, 2016
I experienced the treatment of non-medical staff to be very lacking. As an HUC/MT, you are basically tied to the monitors and when trying to get relieved for a bathroom break or lunch/dinner break was a big joke for medical staff and management, Very often, the joke of the HUC/MT was that they needed a "catheter" so they wouldn't need to be relived for restroom breaks. NOT professional or conciderate.
Pros
3-4 day workweek
Cons
break coverage and not being taken seriously as a key staff member.
Internship
Community Health Transitional Care Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 25, 2016
Great learning experience being involved in the community hands on work. You are conducting home visit with the nurse, social worker, and dietitian. Very rewarding internship.
Pros
First hand experiences, home visits, great team.
Cons
N/A
Review
Cardiac Intervention Unit Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 24, 2016
Good place to work for. My unit has exceptional teamwork. People tend to lend a hand when you need help so you don't feel alone during your stressful days.
Florida Hospital
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLSeptember 21, 2016
Great corporate culture. First company I have worked for that promoted a work/life balance. Florida Hospital makes you feel like you are part of something important.
Coworkers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLSeptember 20, 2016
I am still friends with my coworkers and I live states away. I worked in three departments at this hospital and have friends from all three.
supervising residents
UTRS Florida State Hospital (Current Employee) –  Chattahoochee, FLSeptember 18, 2016
I enjoy working with residents helping them with their daily needs. I also enjoy my co workers . I've learned alot with dealing with all different type of behaviors and how to cope with them.
Working at Florida Hospital
Control Specialist - Position Management (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2016
Great work environment, coworkers are more like family! Rapid growth opportunities, employee engagement, work life balance, healthy work environment.
productive and fun place to work.
Environmental service worker (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 16, 2016
The employer is very caring and it is a fast paced environment which I enjoy because I always have something to do and I am not just sitting around. I also love working with the public and meeting new people at this job.
Pros
gift cards for those who do overtime.
Cons
low pay scale.
I've learned the process a patient goes through once stepping foot through the hospital doors. It showed me how important my role really is.
Laboratory Processor/Technician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 9, 2016
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
rare downtime
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 9, 2016
Great place to work. Working there made me decide to go into the healthcare field. Completing clinicals at Florida hospital abled me to experience numerous exams and meet a lot of new people.
staff is friendly and a good place to work benefits could be alot better
Connerton-RN (Former Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FLSeptember 2, 2016
I really enjoyed working here it was just to far and gas prices were too costly to drive 110 miles a day and without an increase to stay I had to move closer to home, I did the drive for 3 years.
Pros
can wor alot of ot
Cons
benefits horrible
ok but too busy
Registration representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 25, 2016
Was not aware the government had so many regulations controlling this type of work. Management and co-workers was ok. The hardest part of the job was learning and remembering all the different regulations controlling the hospital (emergency) room.
Pros
blood
Cons
good lunch room
I enjoy everything about this facilty. People, patients, coworkers.
Emily Ruiz-Lab Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Celebration, FLAugust 22, 2016
I draw many patients at this facility. I draw all of morning rounds, from newborns to geriatrics and in between. I also receive specimens into the computer and deliver the specimens to the departments. I answer phones and draw blood in the emergency room also.
Pros
Coworkers. Job, facilty.
Cons
Work, work, work. But good also. We stay busy.
Very caring environment
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLAugust 22, 2016
This is a very loving and caring environment. You family and personal concerns are as important as the work itself. Allowing prayer at work is an added bonus.
Good company with great benefits
Senior Lead Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLAugust 21, 2016
Its a good company to work but I am ready for a change , it always about who you know there. Management is very poor and they hired family and friends and promote them in no time.
Co-workers try to work as a team as much as possible given the high acuity of patients, mainly a geriatric population..
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL and Winter Park Memorial HospitalAugust 19, 2016
Caring for 4 patients at the PCU/Critical Care Level. The hardest part of the job is multitasking and prioritizing while ensuring patient safety and doing so as to complete one's shift on a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is working as a team and ensuring that our patients receive the best possible care given the help/resources available.
Fantastic place to work with very caring staff
Nurse Technician I (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 18, 2016
Co-workers were very kind and helpful, typical day is very busy, but fulfilling and manageable with the team's help. Management care about you and is supportive.
A productive fun place to work with great teammates.
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 18, 2016
My job duties as a phlebotomist are to obtain venipuncture and capillary specimens from patients ensuring that specimens a correctly labeled and orders are received. My job duties as a lab assistance 2 are to perform microbiology duties assigned including micro specimen processing sod preparation and staining culture setup and handling positive blood cultures, Insurance customers are correctly label in order as received ability to properly prioritize routine specimens receipts in the laboratory on first in in first out basics documents temperatures of equipment and perform preventive maintenance of equipment.
I also enjoyed working for Florida hospital, I learned so much especially in Chemistry. The commute got to be too much after 2 years,
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 14, 2016
I worked for the majority with good group of employees, there was a clickish group and gossip was horrible, Every job I have worked we work like a lab family. Never felt that way there.

4.2