Florida Hospital Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Busy
Hands on experience
Emergency department very good
Pros
Expirence
Cons
More religion oriented
Project Manager/ Data Architect Revenue Cycle (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLSeptember 18, 2017
This was a fantastic place to work, the most enjoyable part of the job was the learning opportunities available to the employees. The management places a tremendous emphasis on personal growth.
Pros
Fantastic Managment
Productive workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 16, 2017
I worked on the Neuro medical PCU floor which was stressful at times as it was my first job as a graduate nurse. I had to leave from this job due to some health issues during pregnancy. After that I have been home raising my daughter.
Hard place to work
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 16, 2017
working in the hospital is not easy. The work load for the patient ratio is too much for the techs. I learned a lot working at the hospital it was overall a great experience.
Florida Hospital
RN (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 15, 2017
Busy days with increased patient assignments, more tasks assigned to nurse like blood draws.
Nurse are stressed but so far nurses in observation unit is one of the best cultured with great respect to others.
I love Florida Hospital!
Recruitment Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLSeptember 15, 2017
I work in Human Resources at Florida Hospital and have been here for almost 6 months. Although I haven't worked at FH long, I have had an incredible experience thus far. I was welcomed by all members of the FH System with open arms, trained to do my job well, and my voice is heard every day when I make suggestions and have ideas to improve current processes. My Supervisors empower me to "think big," as moving up into different roles within the organization is encouraged.

I can't thank Florida Hospital enough for this opportunity!
Pros
Teamwork, encouraging and friendly environment, benefits, employee perks
Great place to work, the emloyees are very willing to help each other and want the best for each patient.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLSeptember 14, 2017
Love the facility and its employees. The work environment is fast paced and keeps you going. There are a wide range of exams to include fluoroscopy and operating room exams. Great overall experience.
Competitive Workplace
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 14, 2017
Hard to get into the company but once you are in, you don't want to leave. Everyone is friendly. However, management micromanages everything you do and doesn't hire enough staff. But the experience is amazing and the job is worth it.
Extremley busy
Excellent customer service (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 13, 2017
A hospital patient registration employee collects patient information and performs several administrative functions, from verifying insurance to executing admissions, transfer, and discharge procedures. I must remain calm and efficient since my job is often performed in a fast-paced environment where time is of the essence.
Pros
Flexiable with days off
Cons
Short breaks
Great company culture
Internal Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLSeptember 13, 2017
The hospital leadership really value their staff members and there's a great sense of community within the facility. I learned a lot about hospital operations, leadership and working with various hospital teams.
Pros
Regular staff recognition and celebration
I was appreciated and respected. I loved working in my department
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLSeptember 12, 2017
The staff and management was great. Management was always there for you if you needed assistants. Coworkers were friendly and we always worked as a team.
Very fast paced environment in the administrative offices
Management Systems Senior Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 8, 2017
Work day starts as soon as you walk in the office, telephone calls for leaders, calendar and meeting changes. Management is consistently making change to plans, schedules, meetings, etc.
Overall culture is workable. Most believe in the mission of the hospital and try to work with that in mind. Constantly multi-tasking can be stressful. Clinical environment has high expectations for the administrative office in dealing with personnel and relevant issues.
There is a camaraderie that helps get you thru the day.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
fun working
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 6, 2017
It's evident in my years of working for Florida Hospital that's it a good place to work. I've been there since 2003, and it's been great. I've met some good people and it's forever evolving. I love the expansion that's going on like the Women's center and our Ginsberg tower that specializes in heart and neuro. Very good programs.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
busy
Great Workplace
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 6, 2017
I love working for Florida Hospital. It is a faith based work environment which makes me look forward to coming to work. The benefits package is amazing.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Management Turnover
pay rate not inline with industry standards
IR Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 4, 2017
lots of new hires and travelers in my department do to lower than average pay rates for full time staff and excessive call being distributed among dwindling staff numbers, at least in my department. Middle management is great and as accommodating as they can be. I believe upper management is the problem but who really knows.
Pros
don't have to clock out for lunch
Cons
excessive call, low compensation rates
ok place
phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 2, 2017
the hours were kind of crazy. never could really get time off. wasn't much chance for advancement. the management was good and the coworkers were great. very low pay for the job requirements.
Great company and team to be apart of I live near Florida hospital carrollwood but work at main
HVAC Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL mainSeptember 2, 2017
Very good attitude of most employees very productive able to join in with other departments to learn more in different fields for future problem solving
Pros
The availably to learn and help make a difference
Cons
Long drive to main when I live by carrollwood
n/an/a
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLSeptember 1, 2017
it is a great company that provides plenty of opportunity to change departments and advance in your career field. employees are awesome and very helpful to each other
Beneficial and educational
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 31, 2017
There is a standard to live up to, which should be for any professional atmosphere. You should always began your day with a positive out look, and all else will follow.
Fun work place
Precertification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLAugust 30, 2017
Enjoyed it here and would come back. Nothing bad about this company just really needed to relocate to further my career advancement and to get out of Florida
Pros
Always happy
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.